+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PVP leaderboards are great

Plane Touched

Default PVP leaderboards are great

I think thee leaderboards so far are great, and it's fun keeping track of all the new stats. I would really like to see a few more categories:

--avg. Heals per death (Healers)
    --avg. Killing blows per death (DPS single target ppl)
    --avg. Damage given per death (DPS aoe ppl)
    --avg. Damage taken per death (Tanks)

These are more "efficiency" orientated so not outright huge numbers, but should keep all classes happy! Oh and one more everyone has been clamouring for "number of buffs dispelled/cleansed"

So I think it's a great start to leaderboards and hope some of these ideas might make it in future.

Cheers, Styl

Plane Touched

trion has stated they don't want leaderoards like this because they dont want people with poor stats to feel bad about how they play the game
    <Addiction>

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Harmarofwhitecastle View Post
    trion has stated they don't want leaderoards like this because they dont want people with poor stats to feel bad about how they play the game
    it's there in some of the PvE achievements. Timed runs are legitimate achievements and show efficiency..

If someone takes 1+ hour for the dungeon I'm sure they wouldn't mind when others are interested in running them fast as they can..

sorry but anyone who states "leaderboards are great" cant be taken seriously

Plane Touched

if you don't see the potential that's fine, but efficiency is the mark of good players in either pvp or pve..

Quote Originally Posted by kronous View Post
    sorry but anyone who states "leaderboards are great" cant be taken seriously
    They ARE great! If nothing else, sort by nodes farmed to find your bots! If they'd take them further with real details and then research the outliers I bet a wealth of information becomes available.
    Competitive aspect might not do it for you, but datamining data is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by styl View Post
    if you don't see the potential that's fine, but efficiency is the mark of good players in either pvp or pve..
    but those things wont happen

Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    They ARE great! If nothing else, sort by nodes farmed to find your bots! If they'd take them further with real details and then research the outliers I bet a wealth of information becomes available.
    Competitive aspect might not do it for you, but datamining data is excellent.
    wtf you talking about data mining?

I play to pvp not look at meaningless data

wtf you talking about data mining?

I play to pvp not look at meaningless data
    .... perhaps you are right. In your case numbers are extraneous. Go kill em champ!

Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    .... perhaps you are right. In your case numbers are extraneous. Go kill em champ!
    i mean i've not even looked at the pve leaderboard because i'm not interested in that aspect, so the leaderboards might well work - i dont really care though

this is the pvp forum and the pvp leaderboards dont make sense. You can look at them, review, analyse data mine, do whatever the **** you want with them, but in reality all they are depicting is "time spent in warfront"

truly pointless.

ps. sorry to sound harsh, but really this pissed me off with Trion, just who they think they are fooling?

Leaderboards truly mean little to anyone from a rating perspective. I don't understand that people don't see how they give you a fake representation of accomplishment in a small pool of players. Funny though.

Plane Touched

I see the positive in that expanding on the good start will make them even better with new interesting stats for pvp.

We should at least let the devs know they made a good start, because it's a really popular topic for competitive pvp'ers

You can look at them, review, analyse data mine, do whatever the **** you want with them, but in reality all they are depicting is "time spent in warfront"
    truly pointless.

This is very true
    I went from 2nd place in diamond bracket with over 2600 pionts on friday to 76th place on Sunday with under 500 points because i spent my weekend in guild wars 2.
    I lost over 2000 points for not pvping in 2 days. Awesome system
    Last edited by dcndnts; 05-02-2012 at 06:02 AM.
    -Skavok - MaleViolence -

Quote Originally Posted by styl View Post
    I think thee leaderboards so far are great, and it's fun keeping track of all the new stats. I would really like to see a few more categories:

--avg. Heals per death (Healers)
    --avg. Killing blows per death (DPS single target ppl)
    --avg. Damage given per death (DPS aoe ppl)
    --avg. Damage taken per death (Tanks)

These are more "efficiency" orientated so not outright huge numbers, but should keep all classes happy! Oh and one more everyone has been clamouring for "number of buffs dispelled/cleansed"

So I think it's a great start to leaderboards and hope some of these ideas might make it in future.

Cheers, Styl
    I don't want to sound all negative or anything, but most, if not all of those stats could be written off as "I had better gear" and "I run with a pocket healer (or two)".

As they sit right now, they are nice fluff for the pvp rankings. They are not consistant yet. If they were to add some of the values OP suggested they would provide additional information.
    For things like killing spree, if I see someone from that list show up, I watch them more closely to determine whether it is a specific strat or luck or build etc.
    If a high healing name shows up I know to watch and see if that one should be marked. As it stands sorting by friends whom I know their hours spent, most frequent builds etc, I can see how those are performing. Now to be fair, we're all in diamond so clearly make a time investment. I know by experience many of the players on the list and what premades and specs they tend to run. It also becomes evident when someone is cheesing things to get absurd numbers.
    Truly useful would be a breakdown by day and over time function to see how things trend.

A graph to show all trends or only selected so the data can be correlated more easily. Breakdowns by WF including individual players. Cross shard/division searches. Filters by class etc.

It would make lots of sweeping claims be provable as well..
    Last edited by CericX; 05-02-2012 at 06:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast