+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Stop with the Warrior Nerf Garbage...

Ascendant

Default Stop with the Warrior Nerf Garbage...

Well let me break this down for you. Just did a port scion. The top 10 damage toons are:

1) Cleric, 28 killing blows, 1 death, 610,451 damage
    2) Rogue, 40 killing blows, 5 deaths, 599,696 damage
    3) Rogue, 15 killing blows, 24 deaths (lol), 310,895 damage
    4) Mage, 10 kiling blows, 7 deaths, 264,231 damgae
    5) - 10) Rogues, Mages, and Clerics

The first warrior shows up at spot #11 with 10 kill blows, 4 deaths, and 187k damage. There were approximately 10 warriors total in this warfront. Now this is one warfront and the results vary (sometimes warriors are the top spot) but it is not some faceroll death march by warriors. This is just a lie and not true. The fact is the results for dps are pretty much even on average across the board.

In regards to leaderboards.. For killing blows four warrior are in the top 10 with mages, rogues, and clerics with the rest of the spots (that is 40% for warrior). The same story is pretty standard across all other stats. Where is the overpowered.... you know what I mean.

In the average warfront, you have a rogue, mage, and warrior in the top five. Sometimes a cleric. If the game was so out of balance then the results would not be so even accross the board. You would have every warrior in the top spot every single time and that is not the case. I am sure anyone cant post one odd warfront here and there where all wariors are on top but that is not norm.

Warriors are not OP. The game is balanced and you guys need to accept the fact that in a balanced game you will die to other classes. It is not being overpowered. It is being effective.

If Trion nerfs warriors then pvp will be out of balance and not all classes able to enjoy pvp. This is a huge mistake in my opinion. For a long time warriors actually leveled a mage or rogue to pvp and this is just wrong. If you did do pvp it was a horrible experience. Basically, a warrior was a moving target that did no damage. Sure you kids loved it but everyone who played a warrior hated it.

Stop with the nerf Warrior nonsense. The results in the game and way pvp plays does not support it. I did not make any of this up and pvp all the time. The warrior class is not overpowered.

Ascendant

Given what we see and how the game plays out if Trion does nerf warriors I believe it is the sign of a dieing game. Rift desperately needs balanced pvp. From there new content can be added. With having one class (warriors) complete garbage this goal will not be achieved and the game will continue to suffer for it. There will no reason for every player who is a warrior to stay with the game.

The player base needs to accept the fact Warriors are not OP and it is okay for the class to be effective in pvp.

Plane Touched

you try really hard
    <Addiction>

Hello .
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Plane Walker

To put it simple you just played with a bad war and/or are a bad war yourself. If your at rank 40 and not topping the charts every wf your in that is not a faceroll against you, the only problem is you.

Im not saying Wars are too much to handle at the moment because I still kill plenty of wars and they in turn kill me which is fine. It is actual more fun now that i have to actually run away from wars now. But I would also argue they are not completely in line with everyone else right now.

The only two problems i honestly see is RB foolishness and Lingering Wounds being uncleanseable. Damage is fine i could care less because the ones that put out the insane damage usually die with in a few secs anyway, so its just boils down to who can burn who first.

And whats with people bringin up leaderboards. Ill say this again for the 50th time. LEADERBOARDS MEAN NOTHING. It doesnt mean you're good, it doesnt you're bad, its not a representation of which classes excel and which dont, nothing, notta, SO STOP SAYING IT. All the leaderboard shows is who plays the most, if i wanted to i could be at the top of the leaderboard on my rank 2 cleric, so i guess that makes me OP.

Not to mention wars(as you should know) have it a bit hard with killing blows. Mages especially with the specs were HAVE to run have so many easy ways to go around stealing KBs its not even funny. Clerics and rogues do too, so again KB records mean nothing.

Again i dont agree completely that wars need a nerf but coming from a mage i do think either they need to fix kite mechanics or give us more options to dps instead of the specs we have to stand still. Also if your getting kited by a mage and that mage actually kills you from 100% to 0 again your just a bad war(yes i have a war and yes i kno the tools at hand to not get kited, if you dont choose to use them then thats on you, not the person kiting you)

Also lol 51 champ unless your rocking a HK/ID wep.. i even saw a 51 champ sword and board the other day.......speechless
    Ill be singing this song for my chloro til i get buffedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JwHA495iHU
    I Xbox Controller Turn, Keyboard turners cant see me son. I Hadouken my rotations.

Ascendant

Another Port Scion Warfront.... Top three because tired of typing...

1) Rogue. 20 killing blows, 3 deaths, ~410k damage
    2) Warrior, ~13 killing blows, not sure on deaths, ~310k damge
    3) Rouge... blah blah blah

There were about 13 warriors in the warfront. Top two spots were rogues playing marksman. Numbers don't lie and if warriors were in god mode then the results would be different. I would imagine the developers are seeing these same results.

The problem for warriors is the amount of damage they must sustain to be able to actually hit anyting. In warfronts with decent to strong ranged dps warriors are pretty much nullified.

Warriors are not overpowered. LOL.

If anything the numbers point to nerfing rogues.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Queezy View Post
    To put it simple you just played with a bad war and/or are a bad war yourself. If your at rank 40 and not topping the charts every wf your in that is not a faceroll against you, the only problem is you.

Im not saying Wars are too much to handle at the moment because I still kill plenty of wars and they in turn kill me which is fine. It is actual more fun now that i have to actually run away from wars now. But I would also argue they are not completely in line with everyone else right now.

The only two problems i honestly see is RB foolishness and Lingering Wounds being uncleanseable. Damage is fine i could care less because the ones that put out the insane damage usually die with in a few secs anyway, so its just boils down to who can burn who first.

And whats with people bringin up leaderboards. Ill say this again for the 50th time. LEADERBOARDS MEAN NOTHING. It doesnt mean you're good, it doesnt you're bad, its not a representation of which classes excel and which dont, nothing, notta, SO STOP SAYING IT. All the leaderboard shows is who plays the most, if i wanted to i could be at the top of the leaderboard on my rank 2 cleric, so i guess that makes me OP.

Not to mention wars(as you should know) have it a bit hard with killing blows. Mages especially with the specs were HAVE to run have so many easy ways to go around stealing KBs its not even funny. Clerics and rogues do too, so again KB records mean nothing.

Again i dont agree completely that wars need a nerf but coming from a mage i do think either they need to fix kite mechanics or give us more options to dps instead of the specs we have to stand still. Also if your getting kited by a mage and that mage actually kills you from 100% to 0 again your just a bad war(yes i have a war and yes i kno the tools at hand to not get kited, if you dont choose to use them then thats on you, not the person kiting you)

Also lol 51 champ unless your rocking a HK/ID wep.. i even saw a 51 champ sword and board the other day.......speechless
    Fell Blades, huge damage at ranged, invincibility easy mode button (you know what I mean), stealth...

Stop crying. Mages -> are actually just as bad as rogues.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Harmarofwhitecastle View Post
    you try really hard
    I am just posting results from warfronts. Everyone can do it. The problem is the nerf warrior kids dont want to... I wonder why.? Or they are waiting for that oh so special warfront (1 in 100) that proves there flawed and biased point.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Another Port Scion Warfront.... Top three because tired of typing...

1) Rogue. 20 killing blows, 3 deaths, ~410k damage
    2) Warrior, ~13 killing blows, not sure on deaths, ~310k damge
    3) Rouge... blah blah blah

There were about 13 warriors in the warfront. Top two spots were rogues playing marksman. Numbers don't lie and if warriors were in god mode then the results would be different. I would imagine the developers are seeing these same results.

The problem for warriors is the amount of damage they must sustain to be able to actually hit anyting. In warfronts with decent to strong ranged dps warriors are pretty much nullified.

Warriors are not overpowered. LOL.

If anything the numbers point to nerfing rogues.
    I've argued against people like you in the 1.3 parachamp days.

If past history is any indication, you're not gonna like what happens a patch or two from now.

You're making the same mistake back then that they all did. They vehemently denied any perceived over-the-top strength of a warrior in ANY capacity.

Guess what they got them....
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Fell Blades, huge damage at ranged, invincibility easy mode button (you know what I mean), stealth...

Stop crying. Mages -> are actually just as bad as rogues.
    Not sure of your point?

Bad war that can all of a sudden can kill people and doesnt want that taken away i presume?

Oh and i would love fell blades and stealth on my Mage actually that is a good idea... TRION GET TO WORK.
    Ill be singing this song for my chloro til i get buffedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JwHA495iHU
    I Xbox Controller Turn, Keyboard turners cant see me son. I Hadouken my rotations.

Ascendant

Last Whitefall Steps:

1) Warrior - Damage
    2) Rogue - Damage
    3) Warrior - Damage
    4) Rogue - Damage

Note: The warrior in #1 had a full time healer. I know.

Yes, Warriors are so OP. Give me a break.
    Last edited by Majorin; 05-01-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    I've argued against people like you in the 1.3 parachamp days.

If past history is any indication, you're not gonna like what happens a patch or two from now.

You're making the same mistake back then that they all did. They vehemently denied any perceived over-the-top strength of a warrior in ANY capacity.

Guess what they got them....
    I am only showing the results of warfronts. Generally speaking rogues and mages are doing better then warriors. If Trion does nerf warriors it is not based on class balance or game design and any nerf is a sign the game is going to cater to a niche of baddies and we all might as well go GW2.

Numbers don't lie. Also, I would hope Trion has learned from there many buffs and nerfs and will finally allow all classes the ability to function in pvp.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Queezy View Post
    Not sure of your point?

Bad war that can all of a sudden can kill people and doesnt want that taken away i presume?

Oh and i would love fell blades and stealth on my Mage actually that is a good idea... TRION GET TO WORK.
    The point is every class has overpowered abilities that are hard counters to other classes. Or abilities that by description are overpowered but in the context of pvp and the game help balance things out.

A warrior is the highest dps class in melee right now. As it should be. We're squishy in our 66 dps specs, as it should be. We get pounded by ranged dps and die in a heartbeat in our dps spec. AS IT SHOULD BE!

There is not much middle ground for a warrior. Spec defensively even a little bit and our offense suffers majorly.

The class is fine as it stands. The crying will subside with silence and the proverbial L2P.

Prophet of Telara

A sample of 1 warfront is definitely statistically significant and indicative of everything in the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast