+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New Category in WF Summary: Damage per Death (Damage/Deaths)

Rift Chaser

Default New Category in WF Summary: Damage per Death (Damage/Deaths)

I play a 51 Purifier spec, and I get ranted at all the time for not "healing" enough. I think people would appreciate Purifier more, if they could see some evidence of what it does. I'm pretty confident a 51 Purifier effectively "heals" as much as other specs (e.g. my 3s cast does nearly 4K "healing" on a non-crit, and 5K on a crit, with 1.7K of that as pre-heal), but it's hard to prove. If there was a stat that showed how much damage someone took until they died, it'd go a long way. And this stat is easy to calculate with data that is already being captured and recorded.

That'd actually be a really cool idea. I like it. Also, if thye complain about not getting healed enough, don't heal em at all and then they'll appreciate you more. I love Puri heals.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Ascendant

Anyone who complains, tell them to stop using in game nub parsers.

If people don't understand how pro absorbs are they don't understand MMO healing. A scoreboard isn't going to prove this. It's just like people will heal someone to death and never cure them of anything and tell the healer who cured people and healed less they are bad. Maybe they just didn't leave a million things on the player to heal cause they know how to cure. All good healers understand the synergy/importance of absorbs in the mix, if DPS/others say you are not healing hopefully they do good at their job because they don't understand yours. If a cleric think this is true about you, they have limited understand of the overall scheme of MMO healing as far as the classic, HoTs/reactives/absorbs. All have their times and places, unless you combine all 3, that's fine all the time every place.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

It should show cleansing too. Then we'd really see who the good healers are.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Pity the player, in any warfront, that complains about ANY healer.

It's no fault of Trions that more healers go DPS than pure heal, it's the fault of the 'challenged' punters that don't understand they need to be in range to get healz.

Just let them die, and move on.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    If people don't understand how pro absorbs are they don't understand MMO healing. A scoreboard isn't going to prove this. It's just like people will heal someone to death and never cure them of anything and tell the healer who cured people and healed less they are bad. Maybe they just didn't leave a million things on the player to heal cause they know how to cure. All good healers understand the synergy/importance of absorbs in the mix, if DPS/others say you are not healing hopefully they do good at their job because they don't understand yours. If a cleric think this is true about you, they have limited understand of the overall scheme of MMO healing as far as the classic, HoTs/reactives/absorbs. All have their times and places, unless you combine all 3, that's fine all the time every place.
    The funny thing is, it's the Clerics at the top of the Healing Done scoreboard, with their Warden/Sent AoE spam, that tell me I need to change my spec I try to educate them, but I don't think they believe me.

What debuffs are worth removing in PvP? I rarely cleanse anything other than Squirrel, and the occasional snare on a Warrior if they're trying to close. And of course snares on myself when I'm trying to flee from a Warrior ;) Most other debuffs seem too easy to reapply (and often are auto-applied by the DPSers basic attack macro), or too deep in the debuff stack to remove quickly.

Despite taking the most dmg for my side a majority of the time I think stats like this are more interesting than the current ones.

I have had a couple 2m+ games and a 2.89m+ game without a death to help offset some of the 10+ game deaths.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Velkane View Post

What debuffs are worth removing in PvP?
    Lingering wounds. Oh wait....
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Rift Chaser

I play a 51 Purifier spec, and I get ranted at all the time for not "healing" enough. I think people would appreciate Purifier more, if they could see some evidence of what it does. I'm pretty confident a 51 Purifier effectively "heals" as much as other specs (e.g. my 3s cast does nearly 4K "healing" on a non-crit, and 5K on a crit, with 1.7K of that as pre-heal), but it's hard to prove. If there was a stat that showed how much damage someone took until they died, it'd go a long way. And this stat is easy to calculate with data that is already being captured and recorded.
    I think the stat you really want is 'Damage Prevented'. Other peoples damage taken between dearths might not have anything to do with you in some cases.

Rift Chaser

I'd like a category that would show healing given to self. This would do 2 things:

1) Show all the dps how much healing they are getting from their bloodthirsty.
    2) Show all the ******bag healers that stand around healing themselves how little asset they are to a team. Don't get me wrong I love healers, hell I have a 2 of them, but we all know "that guy" who specs healing and runs around seeing how little he can help others.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    I think the stat you really want is 'Damage Prevented'. Other peoples damage taken between dearths might not have anything to do with you in some cases.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see that stat. But that probably requires more work on Trion's part, as it's a new type of thing they have to track. Whereas Damage/Death is just a calculation using data already being collected.

And I know that Damage/Death would not be just Purifier contributions. But in some ways that's preferred. Damage/Death would be the best way to evaluate "Healers" across all classes and souls. Damage/Death is really what matters.

Smart players could start to see correlations between that stat and a number of different aspects of how they play, and their team plays, in PvP.
    1. Player Spec -- I think everyone understands that their soul loadout can drastically alter how survivable they are, but this would put it in black/white
    2. Play Style -- Again, I think people understand that if they go charging into the midst of an enemy, they're going to have a bad Dmg/Dth ratio, but again, it'd be in black/white
    3. Healer Quality -- Players would need to watch this stat over a range of matches, with a variety of other healers, but they'd get a great idea of which healers make a difference, and just how much
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbawockee View Post
    I'd like a category that would show healing given to self. This would do 2 things:

1) Show all the dps how much healing they are getting from their bloodthirsty.
    2) Show all the ******bag healers that stand around healing themselves how little asset they are to a team. Don't get me wrong I love healers, hell I have a 2 of them, but we all know "that guy" who specs healing and runs around seeing how little he can help others.
    Not saying I am one of these people but your always gonna see Clerics with more self healing than healing given to other individual players. If your dead you cant heal anyone...

As long as Cleric healers are being marked in warfronts, they will be getting focused and are forced to heal themselves over someone else. Sorry but thats just how it is.

Rift Chaser

when me and my friend played dual chloro's..our opponents had much to do to kill our team.

He was a kick but chloro, and I spent more of my time cleansing than he did. Between us, our team was virtually unkillable.

Cleansing should be a recorded stat. Imagine how much damage that prevents, especially if some of the abilities cleanses have long refreshes.

Makes it so fun to cleanse stormcaller electrified stacks. REALLY pisses them off.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by tevikolady View Post
    when me and my friend played dual chloro's..our opponents had much to do to kill our team.

He was a kick but chloro, and I spent more of my time cleansing than he did. Between us, our team was virtually unkillable.

Cleansing should be a recorded stat. Imagine how much damage that prevents, especially if some of the abilities cleanses have long refreshes.

Makes it so fun to cleanse stormcaller electrified stacks. REALLY pisses them off.
    So what debuffs are you cleansing? I've never seen a Stormcaller in a WF. Who's playing that? Everyone seems to be some combination of Pyro, Chloro, Warlock, and Dominator. Very rarely I see an Elementalist; but never a Stormcaller.
    Last edited by Velkane; 05-02-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast