• 2 Post By Mithon
  • 1 Post By Soul sky
  • 1 Post By Charlice
  • 1 Post By Misun

Thread: Feature request: Auto-assist everyone in warfronts

Soulwalker

Default Feature request: Auto-assist everyone in warfronts

The problem

One of the absolute worst things than can happen when you join a warfront is that the person who joined first don't realize the importance of marking the enemy property. That person will often not even realize he is leader and won't be reading chat. At that point there is no way to get his/her attention to give others lead or assist so they can do the marking sorely needed.

Also, if I am fast enough to join as lead I realize I'm not the best person to mark so I would rather have somebody who knows the right priority do it. So I must give everyone assist manually, which is a chore some people can't be arsed to do even if they do realize the importance.

The solution

To avoid this problem make a setting that defaults to being on. When it is on for the leader of the warfront everybody who joins a warfront should get assist automatically. That way the newbies won't mess things up for the rest of us, and those who want to control the marks more closely can turn off that setting and control who gets assists manually.

Solution enhancement

Also it would be very usefull if you could add an automatic warfront chat message when somebody marks somebody. That way you can figure out who's doing what with the marks, which will implicitly give credit to those who do it well, and will let people figure out over time who deserves to get assist if you turned off the afforementioned setting.

Addendum for pve raiding

As an aside somewhat off topic, add a feature to give everybody in a raid assist from your portrait right-click menu and a slashcommand like /assistall to do the same. In my guild we like everybody to be able to use raid warnings so we always give everybody assist which is a chore.

The problem is people marking DPS. I've seen too many ttimes when a noisy, not-geared guy marks the Pyro or NB/RS #1, clearing my mark of the healer.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    The problem is people marking DPS. I've seen too many ttimes when a noisy, not-geared guy marks the Pyro or NB/RS #1, clearing my mark of the healer.
    I agree with Hart here.

Sometimes it's just as bad, if not worse, to have too many people marking than it is to have no one marking.

Soulwalker

Interresting that the only thing commented on is how you should or shouldn't mark, rather than on the proposed functionality. Did nobody find this a usefull feature set?

I think this is a great idea. I would like to add to it though.

I wish that the lead would never go to anyone who is a merc.

Omg at the people above me commenting about not marking DPS'ers. Seriously, you're the kind of noobs who lose games marking an 8.8k hp r40 warden when 5.5k hp marksman with hk ranger crystal being marked with #1 would be much more effective to focus fire.

Seriously, get it the hell out of your head about only marking healers. The only reason that idea is even in your head to begin with is from reading forum posts by other clueless people.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Turn off ALL auto assists/macros. Make everyone have to manually target people. TIA Trion.

No to auto assist. Spent a warfront with a 'challenged' merc on our team, who insisted on removing all marks. I hope it was a one off, but, there is still a lot of mercs I'd slot in the 'special' category.

If it could give all non-mercs assist, sure. Or even all group 1.

Hope that makes sense. Stupid phone, stupid auto-correct!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Telaran

Default Qft

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Omg at the people above me commenting about not marking DPS'ers. Seriously, you're the kind of noobs who lose games marking an 8.8k hp r40 warden when 5.5k hp marksman with hk ranger crystal being marked with #1 would be much more effective to focus fire.

Seriously, get it the hell out of your head about only marking healers. The only reason that idea is even in your head to begin with is from reading forum posts by other clueless people.
    Quoted for sense.
    I'm usually in WF as one of those squishy MM's specced for super quick burst, and I almost always get away with it, after all who marks MM that often? When against a team with more then three actively firing synapses I do get focussed down, and rightly so. I can't burst you down, I can't protect my teams healer, and you don't get spam purged from halfway across the map.

Sometimes the smart choice is not the obvious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    No to auto assist. Spent a warfront with a 'challenged' merc on our team, who insisted on removing all marks. I hope it was a one off, but, there is still a lot of mercs I'd slot in the 'special' category.

If it could give all non-mercs assist, sure. Or even all group 1.

Hope that makes sense. Stupid phone, stupid auto-correct!
    I like that idea even better. Anyone who is merced cannot be assist.

There are more instances where I wish we had people marking, than I've had where I wish less people were marking.

+1 to OP

Actually, I'd rather see the ability to mark targets in PvP gone, period. There's enough skill-less facerolling of the keyboard going on as it is. Focus fire should come from real coordination and skill, not just "it's got a number on it, faceroll it". Please, stop trying to dumb PvP down further!
    Huzzah - Rogue -=- Rhowyn - Cleric
    Head Wench of <Shiny> Defiant, Wolfsbane
    (Formerly <Serenity> of Sunrest, may the shard rest in peace)

+ Reply to Thread