+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Why is RIFT pvp so terrible... oh yea.. the CC system

Default Why is RIFT pvp so terrible... oh yea.. the CC system

Ill tell you why.

The CC system in RIFT is just an absolute disaster.

I really shouldnt have to explain any further.

Ive pvp'd in basically every MMO i played, and came to RIFT from Warhammer... hoping for a game that could do both well. Sadly ive had to go back to PvE because if i pvp for any length of time in RIFT i about quit the game. Its not like i cant do well... hell i can pocket heal with the best of em and when i dps... i usually end up at the top of the charts in KB's and Damage with a decent winning percentage.

But with the way the CC system is designed in this game..... even when im doing well im constantly questioning whether TRIONS pvp development team understands how pvp works.

Oh well...

YES THIS IS A QQ THREAD... DEAL WITH IT.

;)

waits in corner for drama
    Last edited by No_Exit; 05-01-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Rift Disciple

Yep, the sad thing is I don't think Trion realizes how detrimental it's being to their game either. Many people in my guild have stopped PVPing all together, which was their main activity in the game because the lack of the ability to CC effectively has broken so many different souls. Warriors can't slow people to bash on them, rogues can't stunlock people and most hurt were mages, that due to their low suvivbility in most specs heavily relied on CC. These changes literally broke half the mage souls and essentially what you have left is warriors jumping about 1 hitting people, rogues teleporting about with 1,000,000 shields, mages chain fireballing people, because the ability to kite or control people is no longer there, this is not fun PVP.
    Last edited by Caution; 05-01-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Telaran

I would love it if they adopted world of warcraft's DR system. Categorize all of the CC and make slows not be a DR CC. Give melee more ways to remove slows, keep break free for all. Right now half of the souls are built around some sort of CC combo especially for ranged classes yet 90% of the time in WF pvp you can not even execute half of it because the target has been hit with a slow and some other weak cc (probably aoe) and now is a CC immune killing machine. This is why warriors seem over powered right now. They are murder machines when they get in your face and they say "oh just CC us and we can't be as effective" yet when you go to CC they are immune from horrible DR system or they have break free up and then go immune. CC should be in categories like...

Stuns all share DR
    0% movement snares all share DR
    0% player control non stun (fear, squirrel etc) all share DR
    Silences all share DR
    Disarms all share DR
    Slows do not have DR

DR goes 100%, 50%, 25%, immune. Implement this and then we will find out that some soul combos are too amazing with CC since some can have multiple forms of it. Adjust accordingly and make some CC share DR if it's absolutely necessary.

Right now it's a burst fest in PvP which is fun for classes that rely purely on burst but sucks for healers and for those who rely on well implemented CC combos.

Quote Originally Posted by Caution View Post
    Yep, the sad thing is I don't think Trion realizes how detrimental it's being to their game either. Many people in my guild have stopped PVPing all together, which was their main activity in the game because the lack of the ability to CC effectively has broken so many different souls. Warriors can't slow people to bash on them, rogues can't stunlock people and most hurt were mages, that due to their low suvivbility in most specs heavily relied on CC. These changes literally broke half the mage souls and essentially what you have left is warriors jumping about 1 hitting people, rogues teleporting about with 1,000,000 shields, mages chain fireballing people, because the ability to kite or control people is no longer there, this is not fun PVP.
    Lol...wow... please tell me what soul has the 1 million shields because that would be fun as hell. Also lol @ warriors 1 shotting people, learn to valor. Oh and it sounds like your just bad at pvp. But that's coming from an "OP" rogue so...... And wtf I get CC'd all the time. Hell some wf's I play half the match as a squirrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Suyakun View Post
    snares and slows are the same. And without Dr on them it will be the same mess as prior 1.2
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-01-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashh View Post
    Lol...wow... please tell me what soul has the 1 million shields because that would be fun as hell. Also lol @ warriors 1 shotting people, learn to valor. Oh and it sounds like your just bad at pvp. But that's coming from an "OP" rogue so...... And wtf I get CC'd all the time. Hell some wf's I play half the match as a squirrel.
    you shouldn't have to roll a mage to get any meaningful cc.

if trion worked cc correctly from the start we wouldn't be having this warrior problem. we wouldn't have been over buffed to make up for other classes being able to open gaps so easy.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    snares and slows are the same. And without Dr on them it will be the same mess as prior 1.2
    I wanted to add, that removing DR on snares would be nice if everyone didn't have them.
    It is annoying that my hamstring is on DR.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    you shouldn't have to roll a mage to get any meaningful cc.

if trion worked cc correctly from the start we wouldn't be having this warrior problem. we wouldn't have been over buffed to make up for other classes being able to open gaps so easy.
    Bullrush stun. Aoe fear. There, you just cc'd as much as any spec possibly can inside of the 15 second DR window on a sinlge target. And the cool downs are such that you'll be able to do it roughly 50% as often as a mage anyways.

You just can't swap CC all over the place. But mages don't have lingering wounds either, and that's still the most powerful CC in the game, being an unremove-able half silence on an unlimited number of healers.

I think RIFT earns teh QQ forums of the year. I don't think you can have one thread without it.
    \

Remove ALL cc from the game imo. It would certainly force people to work together as a team, the way they are supposed to, but don't.

Im actually happy this game's CC isnt as abd as Wow...I hate all the CC flying around in Wow. You cant do jack !
    no bluddy h*ll no I dont want more CC...it only ruins a game when ppl rely on CC's

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Remove ALL cc from the game imo. It would certainly force people to work together as a team, the way they are supposed to, but don't.
    Actualy it's the exact opposite. More CC viability requires more teamwork. You have to know what your team's CC capabilites are, what your shared DR's are, how to put your opponents in a position to maximize the effectiveness of your CC (ie force the use of "trinkets", track DR's, knowledge of cleaneses, using LOS etc etc), know your opponents CC, how they will try to position you to maximize their effectiveness, create counters to this (both preemptive and reactive).

Strategy has more depth and requires more knowledge and skill when CC is a bigger part of the game, which is why you see people complain about it so much.
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

Rift Disciple

Without CC, every team in Warfront would be 3 warriors, 1 rogue (MM) and 1 cleric.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    Im actually happy this game's CC isnt as abd as Wow...I hate all the CC flying around in Wow. You cant do jack !
    no bluddy h*ll no I dont want more CC...it only ruins a game when ppl rely on CC's
    Well imagine when your first heal works, your second heal is only 50% effective, and the next heals for 15 seconds do nothing at all. Tiny AoE HoTs from other people also reduce your own heals.

That's how a Mage's defenses are working right now!

DR on heals would only be fair... it only ruins a game when ppl rely on heals.
    I'm so BORED

When will people learn to adapt?

Seriously, you should be able to take what the game gives and still succeed. Pre 1.8 I was doing great, now, amazing. CC in this game is only one aspect that you guys are blowing out of proportion. If I use a cc and it doesn't work, I adapt. Good players do it all the time.

If CC wasn't on DR then every warrior and melee rogue would be a joke. Melee gets sh** on a lot until 1.8, and even so, we are squishy as ever and it only takes a couple to do the job, if you know what you are doing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast