+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 130
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Please tone down Riftblade Soul

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara Abraxas79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    892

    Default Please tone down Riftblade Soul

    This is the source of why people are calling for warrior nerfs. Noticed how I am not calling for a nerf on the entire class. No one is complaining about Void Knights, Reavers or Beastmasters. If anything these souls need a boost.

    No, the problem is the RB with his instant 2k Criticals teleporting all over the field blowing people up and by the time you react you are dead.

    This is exactly what was happening on the PTS. Everyone was complaining about it. TRION totally ignored and now we have the situation that exists today.

  2. #2
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    This is exactly what was happening on the PTS. Everyone was complaining about it. TRION totally ignored and now we have the situation that exists today.
    Actually they toned it down already, but keep making more posts. It's amusing.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    375

    Default

    How to succeed in PvP

    Role an alt Warrior, grind to 39, Lock XP, dominate. It's amusuing until GW2 launches. Maybe we can get a WF with nothing but Warriors, LoLs.

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara Kajib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbawockee View Post
    How to succeed in PvP

    Role an alt Warrior, grind to 39, Lock XP, dominate..
    Agreed,but 50+ i don't think so.

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara Tohrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    878

    Default News Flash

    The warriors that are desimating you are the warriors prior to this patch that still owned WFs. The other warriors just have a bit more bite to them.

    If you dont learn to adapt and discover a counter period, any player will own you.

    What will I do if they do make changes? Oh, I dont know, maybe I'll adapt and figure out another counter out to you and continue to own you.

    Sick and tired of bad pvpers coming in making posts like its the builds owning people. It's stupid people without the intellegence to adapt and overcome that cause they own demise. Then they run here and whine. I dotn know how many people I've ran into since that patch that just sit there thinking that somehow magically they will survive. If you want intellegence, seek out a toon named Necro on the Briarcliff cluster. The man has adapted and over come witht he new warrior changes.

    Yes please give me your accolades. I mean we all need to know your resume'. I mean all the background really has placed you in a superior position, so much so that you are now here whining about a build.

    And go ahead and say that I'm only saying that because I'm a warrior. Wont nullify you ineptitude. In fact I'll give you that one so at least you can have something to continue to whine about.
    Last edited by Tohrid; 05-01-2012 at 05:58 AM.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    This is the source of why people are calling for warrior nerfs. Noticed how I am not calling for a nerf on the entire class. No one is complaining about Void Knights, Reavers or Beastmasters. If anything these souls need a boost.

    No, the problem is the RB with his instant 2k Criticals teleporting all over the field blowing people up and by the time you react you are dead.

    This is exactly what was happening on the PTS. Everyone was complaining about it. TRION totally ignored and now we have the situation that exists today.
    Must admit, a very amusing post. Seriously though, seems you are fairly clueless about warrior souls, especially from pvp perspective.

    Pray tell, why do you think no one is complaining about those particular souls? VK and Rv are tank souls and do squat for damage. They let you live a bit longer. Vk at least has some abilities to annoy blue bars. Not gonna kill anyone though and mages/clerics/rogues can safely face tank them. BM is our worst standalone dps soul plus uses a pet for some of its dps. All those souls are subject to cc/being kited and being a free kill.

    I suggest putting on valor gear if you are constantly being hit for 2k RB crits. I assume you are also asking that the other callings be nerfed as well since would be critting you for similar or higher damage and don't need to be in melee range to do so.

    Seriously, sounds like you need more pvp experience and learn what works and doesn't work. That is a painful experience and you die alot but only way to really learn. Then try that as a warrior and see how bad it really can be.
    Last edited by Stilly; 05-01-2012 at 06:42 AM.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Trion must have know what would happen, Useless CC in this game + Overpowered Warriors with lots of gap closers = insta dead for range players.
    Last edited by Caution; 05-01-2012 at 06:46 AM.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caution View Post
    Trion must have know what would happen, Useless CC in this game + Overpowered Warriors with lots of gap closers = insta dead for range players.
    Useless CC my butt. Ran BG daily a few times last night in a high champ build. Seemed like i was constantly slowed, squirreled, etc and it was very hard to get and then stay in melee range. Got a few kills in on some that pretty much just stood there. Others were smart and either by ran and/or used their abilities and had nothing to fear from me in that spec. No escape or survival tools to pretty easy to burn down. Without a means to close gap and subsequently stay/get back in melee range warrior are seriously screwed in pvp. Heaven help them in other WFs that are more open.

  9. #9
    Ascendant bitnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,348

    Default

    Wait, are these the guys who make me hit On the Double and then Eradicate a bunch of times while keeping Retreat and a blink at the ready? 'Cause having to hit that many buttons is kinda annoying.

    But who I really feel bad for are mages. However are they supposed to deal with all this?

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara Testercules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    People don't ask how to counter Warriors in 1.8. Tips have already been posted. It's up to you to use them. I feel like if I keep explaining things to people too lazy to figure them out on their own, I'm going to have less enjoyment playing Warrior all over again. lawl
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

    Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    People don't ask how to counter Warriors in 1.8. Tips have already been posted. It's up to you to use them. I feel like if I keep explaining things to people too lazy to figure them out on their own, I'm going to have less enjoyment playing Warrior all over again. lawl
    There's tips online for how to build your personal rocket ship to the moon.

    Like those tips you listed above: they're cute, imaginative, possible for only a very few, and full of whims of fantasy.

    Why should an ENTIRE team of 20 have to hold ALL their CDs, pugs form psuedo-premades in a WF, and healers hide just because there is ONE warrior in the WF.

    Warriors complained about the same for clerics (and there were LOTS of tips on how to kill them). So .... a 40% nerf across the board sounds about right to me. We can be nerf bros once Trion is done with you.
    Last edited by Costs; 05-01-2012 at 07:35 AM.

  12. #12
    Ascendant bitnine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costs View Post
    Why should an ENTIRE team of 20 have to hold ALL their CDs, pugs form psuedo-premades in a WF, and healers hide just because there is ONE warrior in the WF.
    Holy crap, is that what it takes for you to kill a warrior?! I... had no idea. And I'm very, very sorry to hear that.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stilly View Post
    Useless CC my butt. Ran BG daily a few times last night in a high champ build. Seemed like i was constantly slowed, squirreled, etc and it was very hard to get and then stay in melee range. Got a few kills in on some that pretty much just stood there. Others were smart and either by ran and/or used their abilities and had nothing to fear from me in that spec. No escape or survival tools to pretty easy to burn down. Without a means to close gap and subsequently stay/get back in melee range warrior are seriously screwed in pvp. Heaven help them in other WFs that are more open.
    I think the key point you are missing is that you were playing Champ. Champ can be CC'd, cuz they don't have infinite breaks. Riftwalkers cannot, because their CC break refreshes all the time.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    Honestly. It is the same bads complaining because they died to a warrior. In a balanced game this is going to happen. Look. Damage is the same for all classes but warriors are limited to melee range and cannot stealth. They have minimal survivability tools.

    These kids will not be happy until Trion nerfs every class around them. Look at the leaderboards and see who is on top. In my bracket you have two warriors in the top ten. This really needs to stop.

    Warriors are not overpowered in the slightest and any nerf just tuins the game for the rest of us.

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    People don't ask how to counter Warriors in 1.8. Tips have already been posted. It's up to you to use them. I feel like if I keep explaining things to people too lazy to figure them out on their own, I'm going to have less enjoyment playing Warrior all over again. lawl
    I don't know why people keep focussing on warrior damage to be the problem, it isnt at all. Ok, maybe one skill should become channel rather than ogcd but meh.

    The problem is 1 talent refreshing a gap closer far too often, Give it a 6-8 second internal CD and i think it would be about there. Please dont say to purge because any half decent warrior would re-apply instantly from bind or macro.

    You're a warrior, i'm a mage, you're supposed to do a ton of damage if i stand and try tank you. But without a means to kite or at least get away, its just dumb.

    As i said in another thread, if you think your gap closer atm is fair, let flicker refresh on crit too, who do you reckon would QQ more?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts