+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: PVP gameplay

Default PVP gameplay

1: I don't think i'll be renewing my subscripion lol. Think i'm going to try GW2 for something differant

2: Game play is a joke. What happend to the FUN duals/fights in open world pvp or warfronts that lasted 10 to 30 seconds? You know, where two equaly geard and skilled players could go at it for half a min sometimes. Now, I'm seaing, 2 finshers, some times even 1 finisher, and the fight is all done.

I played a rogue all the way to rank 40 and enjoyed that. Before that I had a rank 6 warrior. Now I am working on rank 29 mage.

Since 1.8, PVP gameplay has been the worst I have experianced since the beta. We got half are guild playing GW2 now, and they still come back to Rift sometimes to see whats going ect. Dam Trion, if you guys don't smarten up quick, your not going to have a job to go back to lol.

Think about it, if players arn't having fun anymore, there not going to stay
    Last edited by MapleTiger; 05-01-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MapleTiger View Post
    1: I don't think i'll be renewing my subscripion lol. Think i'm going to try GW2 for something differant

2: Game play is a joke. What happend to the FUN duals/fights in open world pvp or warfronts that lasted 10 to 30 seconds? You know, where two equaly geard and skilled players could go at it for half a min sometimes. Now, I'm seaing, 2 finshers, some times even 1 finisher, and the fight is all done.

I played a rogue all the way to rank 40 and enjoyed that. Before that I had a rank 6 warrior. Now I am working on rank 29 mage.

Since 1.8, PVP gameplay has been the worst I have experianced since the beta. We got half are guild playing GW2 now, and they still come back to Rift sometimes to see whats going ect. Dam Trion, if you guys don't smarten up quick, your not going to have a job to go back to lol.

Think about it, if players arn't having fun anymore, there not going to stay
    GW2 all the way!

Trion promised us a lot in their preview media of PVP. They are currently failing to live up to those promises and I am ready to give another company a try.

Thank you for expressing what we're all thinking.

Half the usual guys were with me on the beta this weekend and it's looking like they have their act together in Beta better than Trion has its one and a half years later.

Trion has neglected pvp and promised us the world at the same time since release, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. We are all shamed for believing this crap to this point. PvP is the red-headed stepchild of Rift, the proof is right before our eyes for all to see. Trion does not want to focus on pvp, this is a pve game and that is where they want it to stay. They are just clinging to the pvp subs as long as they can.

Say "MOOOOOOOO!!!!!" boys, you've been milked.

I hope you guys enjoy your GW2 when you go there. After having spent 16 or so hours playing over the beta weekend, with 5 different classes, I now regret having pre-ordered it. It was quite possibly the most dull and slow paced PVP I've ever done in my life. At times I felt like I could hit a button and the only thing that prevented me from getting up and grabbing a drink was the possibility that I might have to dodge out of the way of some big incoming attack.

That was, of course, when I wasn't playing a thief and blowing people up far faster than I can in rift on my riftblade warrior. Thief is all stealth -> attack -> elite ability = dead opponent. Repeat, endlessly. You think warriors are OP? Just wait until you get wrecked by thiefs all day long. Then you can cry that things are terribly unbalanced and no one cares about your class and wah wah.

The real problem here is that everyone is just upset that they can't laugh at warriors anymore, and refuse to adapt. You know what happens when they massively change my class every patch? I adapt and move on, I don't come to the forums crying for nerfs on other people. Sometimes I ask for fixes to stuff that's broken for me, but never do I wish harm on other people.

If you think there's something wrong with your class in relation to my class, then ask for changes to your class to fix it.
    Infy <Transience> of Threesprings
    I PVP with 1 button.
    Potato.

General of Telara

Have to admit, I am getting rather bored with warfronts too. I would like to see Trion release a new, temporary warfront with each new event. Come to think of it the events are becoming kind of the same each time, just different currency.

Rift Disciple

Correction:

Twinking has singularly save Rift PvP...Just ask around PvP is not only perfect at the moment but thriving.

Apparently people actually enjoy being steamrolled by other gamers that lock into a bracket and over gear their way to victory every single time.Think about it.Fun competitive PvP is for the birds.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by psionicalpha View Post
    I hope you guys enjoy your GW2 when you go there. After having spent 16 or so hours playing over the beta weekend, with 5 different classes, I now regret having pre-ordered it. It was quite possibly the most dull and slow paced PVP I've ever done in my life. At times I felt like I could hit a button and the only thing that prevented me from getting up and grabbing a drink was the possibility that I might have to dodge out of the way of some big incoming attack.

That was, of course, when I wasn't playing a thief and blowing people up far faster than I can in rift on my riftblade warrior. Thief is all stealth -> attack -> elite ability = dead opponent. Repeat, endlessly. You think warriors are OP? Just wait until you get wrecked by thiefs all day long. Then you can cry that things are terribly unbalanced and no one cares about your class and wah wah..

That's why it's called a "beta" dummy. Unlike Trion, AN has a rep of listening to its player base. Things will work themselves out fast. It's day one. What's Trion's excuse?

And I too played for several hours and I can say you are wrong.

As a necro I blew up most thieves I encountered. It's easy to claim someone is OP when most have no clue what their classes are and how to use the skills that are available to them.

And as for thieves dropping people faster than a RB, I challenge you to show me a vid because I'm calling BS on that one. I do not think it possible for a thief to solo drop someone in five seconds (like an RB does in Rift ... which we all have vids/pics of).

I am looking forward to GW2's change in pace. But hey, you're a RB post 1.8 ... I understand if you want people to stay here so you can have someone to farm. Good luck with that btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Costs View Post
    I am looking forward to GW2's change in pace. But hey, you're a RB post 1.8 ... I understand if you want people to stay here so you can have someone to farm. Good luck with that btw.
    Actually I've been pretty much farming people in every game I play regardless of what I play because the vast majority of people are pretty much bad. Shortly after 1.7 I started documenting screen shots to back that up because folks wanted proof so that's what I've got. Back pedaling keyboard turners will be always be cannon fodder regardless of any balance issue and that is, unfortunately, a large segment of the market.

I do sincerely hope that GW2 makes things better for you. Perhaps it's slow pace will give you more time to react to someone and that will better match your play style. To each their own.
    Infy <Transience> of Threesprings
    I PVP with 1 button.
    Potato.

Soulwalker

i dont know i played gw2 this beta weekend as well and both pvp and pve rocked the socks off of this game!

That's why it's called a "beta" dummy. Unlike Trion, AN has a rep of listening to its player base. Things will work themselves out fast. It's day one. What's Trion's excuse?
    So Trion never takes feedback from their playerbase, fixes problems quickly, and pumps out new content. Huh.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

You can't count leaving a game for one that doesn't cost every month. I had like 25 SNES games as a kid I played, only because I didn't have to pay monthly for them. I don't see why people now a days have to 'leave' a game for one. Whatever happen to just buying more and playing a lot? So dramatic around here. o.O I understand not paying for 2 subs at a time but....I don't LEAVE RIFT for quakelive. Sometimes I just log in and do something different. Lol I just don't understand this drama I guess. Maybe it's why I'm not rushed about content, /shrugs.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-02-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riwijo View Post
    Have to admit, I am getting rather bored with warfronts too. I would like to see Trion release a new, temporary warfront with each new event. Come to think of it the events are becoming kind of the same each time, just different currency.
    then you will enjoy the ONE TYPE Warfronts of gw2 which are basically completly the same ^^

Ascendant

are we talking about the same companies?

Why do people make threads about quitting and cite competing products? I will never understand that kind of mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

That's why it's called a "beta" dummy.
    Didn't you people say the same thing about the tortanic?

I heard it's already being called the Guildenberg.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast