+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Wondering about pvp post 1.6.

  1. #1
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default Wondering about pvp post 1.6.

    Hey ya'll!

    Decided on re-subbing for a month or so for shoots and giggles....

    How's PvP lately since uhh...1.6? I was looking at the shard forums and alot of the NA shards got merged?

    C'mon people give me the skinny!
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

    puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

  2. #2
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Too bad you missed the best PvP to date.

    1.7 was the best PvP we've had in Rift. Great matches, for the most part, all classes had playable options.

    1.8 however is probably the WORST PvP Rift's ever had.

    If you're a warrior, you'll love it. Otherwise, you'll likely hate it.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    Too bad you missed the best PvP to date.

    1.7 was the best PvP we've had in Rift. Great matches, for the most part, all classes had playable options.

    1.8 however is probably the WORST PvP Rift's ever had.

    If you're a warrior, you'll love it. Otherwise, you'll likely hate it.
    Well, that sounds just about right then! Since I'm a warr and all...I rode the coattails of being OP for most of my time in Rift ^^

    ...and a handful of pocket healers
    Last edited by Puzzlebox; 04-30-2012 at 11:29 AM.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

    puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

  4. #4
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Clerics - many will say Doomsday arrived but I think they can still be the game changers. Based on my experience. DPS wise they can still perform well on some huge aoe's and inq has hit me quite hard.

    Rogues - Pro as F

    Warriors - If they get into 20m range they will either port or do 20m jumps of wonder 24/7 in your face dishing out heavy damage. CC them and either decimate them or their healer. Some proper spec'd warriors now put down major hurt.

    Mages - I still think the flying fire burns pretty bad, squirrels means somethings about to go down and overall they can do some good damage. Although sometimes I feel like they have fallen behind in aoe damage compared to other callings. Maybe I just never see good mages. Heal wise they can compliment a cleric as a bard can. Substantial on their own in a WF they have it rough and will buy extra time more than save lives, just imo.

    My take on pvp atm.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  5. #5
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Clerics - many will say Doomsday arrived but I think they can still be the game changers. Based on my experience. DPS wise they can still perform well on some huge aoe's and inq has hit me quite hard.

    Rogues - Pro as F

    Warriors - If they get into 20m range they will either port or do 20m jumps of wonder 24/7 in your face dishing out heavy damage. CC them and either decimate them or their healer. Some proper spec'd warriors now put down major hurt.

    Mages - I still think the flying fire burns pretty bad, squirrels means somethings about to go down and overall they can do some good damage. Although sometimes I feel like they have fallen behind in aoe damage compared to other callings. Maybe I just never see good mages. Heal wise they can compliment a cleric as a bard can. Substantial on their own in a WF they have it rough and will buy extra time more than save lives, just imo.

    My take on pvp atm.
    I mean it sounds like not much has changed. Been reading about some big nerf to healing like Clerics when they took that across the board nerf before R8 gear SP-levels compensated for it...and Mages switched from the dbl tap DS/Ele to single target 51pyro/pyrodoms right before I left.

    Did they ever fix the +hit issue?
    Last edited by Puzzlebox; 04-30-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

    puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

  6. #6
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Make sure you bring a pocket healer back with you.

    Otherwise our damage has been balanced so that if we actually get in melee, we do damage.

    The hot debate now is how easy it is to be in melee range, which we know is because of the crappy DR system making teleports a necessity.

    Also no fix for the +hit issue. PVE kids still to do to well for how poor they play.
    HK is becoming puggable though, and any competent guild can get you kracken spine if you want to invest that time.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-30-2012 at 11:43 AM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Make sure you bring a pocket healer back with you.

    Otherwise our damage has been balanced so that if we actually get in melee, we do damage.

    The hot debate now is how easy it is to be in melee range, which we know is because of the crappy DR system making teleports a necessity.

    Also no fix for the +hit issue. PVE kids still to do to well for how poor they play.
    HK is becoming puggable though, and any competent guild can get you kracken spine if you want to invest that time.
    Where's MMAC these days
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

    puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Puzzzleeeeeeeeeeeee

    Sadly I have to inform you that you came back to a dead game. Any pvper worth a damn has essentially given up on this game. I log on for 5 minutes do my pvp daily then log off which seems to be what most pvpers are doing these days.

    In terms of balance, let be honest no game is every going to have balanced pvp. In 1.7 5v5s were actually pretty popular for a long time, but 1.8 basically destroyed them. The only class that was pretty useless in a 5v5 was a mage, but in terms of dmg vs healing it was balanced. What once required focus fire, timed spiking, and good healers now revolves around which warriors smash stuff faster. Any one who says otherwise probably had no clue how to use teamwork in a 5v5.

    Essentially 1.8 ruined any form of competitive pvp that once existed in this game. It's ok though most of the pvp population in rift has never experienced a real premade and believe things should be balanced around pug wfs where most players have no clue wtf they are doing. Trion has sided with these players and thus we find ourselves in this terrible form of pvp we have today.

    Hit me up if you wanna destroy some scrubs in wfs.

  9. #9
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    Where's MMAC these days
    Around kinda.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-30-2012 at 12:10 PM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fates View Post
    Puzzzleeeeeeeeeeeee

    Sadly I have to inform you that you came back to a dead game. Any pvper worth a damn has essentially given up on this game. I log on for 5 minutes do my pvp daily then log off which seems to be what most pvpers are doing these days.

    In terms of balance, let be honest no game is every going to have balanced pvp. In 1.7 5v5s were actually pretty popular for a long time, but 1.8 basically destroyed them. The only class that was pretty useless in a 5v5 was a mage, but in terms of dmg vs healing it was balanced. What once required focus fire, timed spiking, and good healers now revolves around which warriors smash stuff faster. Any one who says otherwise probably had no clue how to use teamwork in a 5v5.

    Essentially 1.8 ruined any form of competitive pvp that once existed in this game. It's ok though most of the pvp population in rift has never experienced a real premade and believe things should be balanced around pug wfs where most players have no clue wtf they are doing. Trion has sided with these players and thus we find ourselves in this terrible form of pvp we have today.

    Hit me up if you wanna destroy some scrubs in wfs.
    Man....1.7 sounds awesome. Reminds me of the 1.2 days. I know everyone hated the 1.2 redball pyros...but I thought the game was pretty balanced back then in 5v5's. 2 Cleric, 2 Pyro, 1 Warr or 2 Cleric, 2 Warrior, 1 Pyro.

    Yeah i'll definitely hit you up. trying to sift through the shard forums and figuring out who went where after this massive consolidation.

    not looking to do high end stuff or be super competitive. just blow crap up and die alot.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

    puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    229

    Default

    If you played your warr in 1.4 it should be like a blast from the past., only now you dont have the opening flail of death....and you don't need it. RB & RB/Champ has replaced ParaChamp.

    Regarding hit, they never fixed it & doesn't look like they ever intend to.

    Edit: They did add another level of PVE gear, that should start flooding the 50 bracket soon.
    Last edited by Ploter; 04-30-2012 at 01:36 PM.

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    Man....1.7 sounds awesome. Reminds me of the 1.2 days. I know everyone hated the 1.2 redball pyros...but I thought the game was pretty balanced back then in 5v5's. 2 Cleric, 2 Pyro, 1 Warr or 2 Cleric, 2 Warrior, 1 Pyro.

    Yeah i'll definitely hit you up. trying to sift through the shard forums and figuring out who went where after this massive consolidation.

    not looking to do high end stuff or be super competitive. just blow crap up and die alot.
    Hey puzzle, as Fates said, this game is pretty done PvP wise. After GW2 beta weekend I can't even get myself to log in to do a wf, guess that means its time to end the sub heh. I hope to see ya in gw2 though!
    Last edited by Seether; 04-30-2012 at 02:20 PM.

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    586

    Default

    In pretty much all regards... the 1.8 patch reverted PvP to what 1.6 PvP was.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Hey puzzle, as Fates said, this game is pretty done PvP wise. After GW2 beta weekend I can't even get myself to log in to do a wf, guess that means its time to end the sub heh. I hope to see ya in gw2 though!
    Yeah, main reason why I'm resubbing is to just pass time till GW2, and reconnect with alot of the Rift PvPers to see if we can all roll on same server or something
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

    puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    Yeah, main reason why I'm resubbing is to just pass time till GW2, and reconnect with alot of the Rift PvPers to see if we can all roll on same server or something
    Sup puzzle! Been a while. Good to hear you're going to GW2 seems like most of the guys I talk to are headed there as well. Not sure as to what server but if you get back on Rift, most of the PvP is on Seastone from what I've found and it's in the same cluster as deepstrke so either way lots of player base to talk to about what server to head to in GW2. Anyway, hope to see you around =P.

    fyi RB/Champ is fotm and pwns. Have fun!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts