+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Twink Request

Champion

Default Twink Request

I agree with the decision to keep Twinks as a playable outlet, however, I've come across ONE issue I'd ask that you fix.

I don't mind players being able to gear up to a 'max' gear level with the highest possible enchants, as long as it's possible for every player to achieve the same results if they put the effort into it.

Here's where my request comes in:

There are Twinks that are playing in 3 brackets that have enchants that are no longer possible to apply, and I'd like you to disable the effect on their items due to invalid requirements.

There are 2 in particular I'm talking about:

The Epic Mathosian Rune that requires Item Level 45 to apply.
    The Epic Dragonslayer's Rune that requires Item Level 45 to apply.

Before the Item Level requirement was applied, both Runes were able to be purchased by a player that had the applicable notoriety, applied to the BoE item, and then sent to the Twink before the item became Soulbound.

The sub 45 Twinks with these enchants were applied before the item level requirement was placed on these Runes, and I'm formally requesting you Disable these Enchants because the items they're on are below the Item Level requirement.

Again, I'm all for players Twinking, as long as it's POSSIBLE for every player to create the same items with the same stats. Because of the Item Level addition to these runes AFTER it was used by several players, this is not longer POSSIBLE to attain, and should be disabled.

Thanks
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 04-30-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Ascendant

6 slot source machine, purple augments, rep runes . . . all pretty ghetto if you need those to roll newbs.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    I agree with the decision to keep Twinks as a playable outlet, however, I've come across ONE issue I'd ask that you fix.

I don't mind players being able to gear up to a 'max' gear level with the highest possible enchants, as long as it's possible for every player to achieve the same results if they put the effort into it.

Here's where my request comes in:

There are Twinks that are playing in 3 brackets that have enchants that are no longer possible to apply, and I'd like you to disable the effect on their items due to invalid requirements.

There are 2 in particular I'm talking about:

The Epic Mathosian Rune that requires Item Level 45 to apply.
    The Epic Dragonslayer's Rune that requires Item Level 45 to apply.

Before the Item Level requirement was applied, both Runes were able to be purchased by a player that had the applicable notoriety, applied to the BoE item, and then sent to the Twink before the item became Soulbound.

The sub 45 Twinks with these enchants were applied before the item level requirement was placed on these Runes, and I'm formally requesting you Disable these Enchants because the items they're on are below the Item Level requirement.

Again, I'm all for players Twinking, as long as it's POSSIBLE for every player to create the same items with the same stats. Because of the Item Level addition to these runes AFTER it was used by several players, this is not longer POSSIBLE to attain, and should be disabled.

Thanks

Sadly, these items are grandfathered in. The people that are still using them are the scum amoung twinks. And that's bad if a fellow twinks calls another twink, scum.

Quote Originally Posted by tevikolady View Post
    Sadly, these items are grandfathered in. The people that are still using them are the scum amoung twinks. And that's bad if a fellow twinks calls another twink, scum.
    I never understood grandfathering items like this. All it does is make them super exclusive, instead of exclusive to just those that have a high level toon. Personally, I'd rather see the item taken away instead of giving the people who used them before the nerf that much more power over everyone else, especially now that nobody else can use them.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    I never understood grandfathering items like this. All it does is make them super exclusive, instead of exclusive to just those that have a high level toon. Personally, I'd rather see the item taken away instead of giving the people who used them before the nerf that much more power over everyone else, especially now that nobody else can use them.
    lol, so suddenly your against it if someone can't get what they have, but it's ok to roll newbs who could never get them anyway . . . suddenly you might be affected so the tables turn in to "Take it away!"

Telaran

hahah sucker

i guess /inspect pisses you off huh?

So many people copy qualm and unitedstates it's ridiculous

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    THat is why even a twink doesn't like these people.

The runes should be dissesemilated (spelling?) from these items and you can keep them both, however, you can't put the rune back on the item.

See? Easy fix. YOu can keep your item and have your cake, but not all at once.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by herbdoctor View Post
    hahah sucker

i guess /inspect pisses you off huh?

So many people copy qualm and unitedstates it's ridiculous
    This has nothing to do with inspect....

It has to do with players having enchants on items that can no longer be enchanted with those buffs.

And what's qualm!?

Telaran

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    6 slot source machine, purple augments, rep runes . . . all pretty ghetto if you need those to roll newbs.
    I have no issues with the 6 slot sigils, the purple augments, or the purple essences. Any player has the ability to get all of those items.

The ONLY items I have an issue with are the 2 notoriety items that are applied to items that they can no longer be applied to.

lol, so suddenly your against it if someone can't get what they have, but it's ok to roll newbs who could never get them anyway . . . suddenly you might be affected so the tables turn in to "Take it away!"
    From the very beginning I've been all for nerfing certain, out of line items to keep twink power level at least somewhat reasonable. This is no different.

They nerfed the items for a reason, and yet they allow some people to continue using the items. This means that no matter what anyone does, they will continue to have an edge over anyone who came into the system late. This applies to twinks (who will be at a slight disadvantage) and non-twinks (who will be at an even greater disadvantage).

Either it's available to everyone or it's not. Quite a simple concept, don't you think?
    Last edited by Meina; 04-30-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by herbdoctor View Post
    Hey! That's ME!!!!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    This has nothing to do with inspect....

It has to do with players having enchants on items that can no longer be enchanted with those buffs.

And what's qualm!?
    which noobs like you wouldn't of ever had figured out if you hadn't had inspected someone.

Rift Chaser

New people can get access to everything that a *normal* twink can. The only things I can think of, atm, that new people would not have access to are the world event items. I have the stat trinket, the weapons, the bow, and the helm. I didn't get the 1K beads for the barnacle encrusted sigil of the five. or the ring, or the necklace, or the lessers (except the molten one from the ID event going on).

I ground up the 1k planarite to buy the sigil with 5 slots on it. I havethe molten essence from ID. I have 4 purchased essences from Argent glade, I have the planarite jerkin and leggings, I have runes I purchased off the AH, I have a weapon I bought off the AH. I have a few choice pieces of armor, off the AH, and a necklace I bought.

I did all this in a matter of days. The longest being getting the 1k planarite for the sigil. Fortunately, if you do a zone invasion you can turn in cursed source stones for 50 planarite a piece.

Champion

Honestly... let them keep the rune on the item... but DISABLE IT!!! Then they can say, "I was so epicly ePeen I had this Rune before they fixed it!"

But take away the applied stats! Turn it grey and do not apply the effect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast