Closed Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Evilfish
  • 3 Post By Credo
  • 3 Post By Misun

Thread: Rift PVP sucks

Shadowlander

Default Rift PVP sucks

That's all I have to say. I gave this game another try after nearly one year just to be disappointed in less than a week, this is a new record for me. Congratulations.

Apparently you are another person who didn't get the memo that Rift isn't a pvp game.

Now where is that dislike button...

Shadowlander

Yes that sounds like a perfect excuse to have bad PVP. Thanks for clearing that up. So if it's not a PVP game why invest resources and time into PVP when you are fully aware of the effects it will have on your game, just asking...

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Yes that sounds like a perfect excuse to have bad PVP. Thanks for clearing that up. So if it's not a PVP game why invest resources and time into PVP when you are fully aware of the effects it will have on your game, just asking...
    It's a business. Trion is a company that works around what the community wants. They added PvP because of the community. If a group of people enjoy pvp they are making a profit. It doesn't have to be perfect in their eyes, it's just content to keep us busy for PvE updates. Oh and as you can see. Not much work went to Rift PvP therefore it doesn't hurt them as much as you would think when 'investing resources' is argued.
    Last edited by LOveRH; 04-30-2012 at 07:28 AM.

Shadowlander

That's all I have to say. I gave this game another try after nearly one year just to be disappointed in less than a week, this is a new record for me. Congratulations.
    Thank you for the heartfelt sharing. I'm sure it took a lot to come forward.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    It's a business. Trion is a company that works around what the community wants. They added PvP because of the community. If a group of people enjoy pvp they are making a profit. It doesn't have to be perfect in their eyes, it's just content to keep us busy for PvE updates. Oh and as you can see. Not much work went to Rift PvP therefore it doesn't hurt them as much as you would think when 'investing resources' is argued.
    Then my point is justified.

Rift Chaser

If you were able to quit for a full year already and now are giving it your second go, why bother? Obviously you didnt like them game when it first came out so you quit, why come back to it when you already didnt like it?

honestly if you quit for a full year and came back to quite after a week, you really didnt even give the game a chance.

Plane Walker

Apparently you are another person who didn't get the memo that Rift isn't a pvp game.

Your conclusion is invalid, likely because it's predicated upon one or more false premises. One glance at past patch notes, a look at the number of posts/views on the pvp forums compared to others and more objective approach should clear things up for you.
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

PvP is fun if you don't rely on ham-fisting an ATAAAAAAAAACK!!! button.

There is no magic bullet for winning. You have to do something more than just cry when your screen goes grey.

Anyway best of luck to you, Evilfish. I hear the weather is nice on Hello Kitty's adventure island.

Quote Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
    Your conclusion is invalid, likely because it's predicated upon one or more false premises. One glance at past patch notes, a look at the number of posts/views on the pvp forums compared to others and more objective approach should clear things up for you.
    Another person who didn't get the memo. It's ok. You can start your own little club with OP.

Prophet of Telara

This post is bad and incorrect on so many levels but I wouldn't expect much different from you.

Rift PvP was fun until the Warrior changes and the very expected increase in Warriors. Now it's go out, get aoe'd to death because there's nowhere you can go that isn't being aoe'd by a Warrior rolling his/her face across a keyboard.
    Even free cost too much now

The problem with that statement is, that's not how they marketed it. Before rift came out, they were really touting the pvp aspect of the game, which got a lot of pvper's interested in it.

In fact, if you go look on the trion homepage and check out the videos, a lot of them show pvp, including the class videos. Even the trailer was based on 2 defiants fighting a guardian rogue, who opened a rift in order to distract them.

And if you look at this video, Bill Fisher one of the game developers says
    I think the hardcore pvp players are really gonna get into rift. You know whats great about pvp? Pvp is truly dynamic, because players are the most dangerous game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VULIG7JMisE

And just 9 months ago, they were promoting the pvp in rift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLcIHDLKX3s&feature=plcp

Many of us feel like we got the bait and switch.

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread