• 1 Post By Costs
  • 2 Post By tevikolady
  • 1 Post By Thorne25

Thread: Trion has failed me

Rift Chaser

Default Trion has failed me

*sobs*

I can't do this anymore.

I love PvP. I primarily play on my level 19 rogue (used to be my level 29 mage, and before that my p13 cleric) but I just can't play anymore.

First match just *today* my team was killed. I don't balme twinks on their side (they had 3, we had 1, which was me). Their twinks were pretty bad, went down very easy, but they got the fang in BG and held onto it, and we couldn't get it back. Not for lack of trying, I was really proud of my team. We made their team fight for every inch (almost had a nice come back 371 to 500, we stalled them at 480 while we grabbed and held the fang for almost 200 points). I had so much fun in that match, I was encouraged to queue up for another

The next match in BG we won. Meh, the other team kept rolling in 1 by one to be killed, Was kinda lame and I really kinda grimaced* at the win.

THird match was in the library, started off 4 v 5 favorign the defiants, but thats ok, we actually killed them all and held 3 or the 4 objectives to begin. As more came in, I was hopeful, but suddenly, my team stopped grabbing teh runes. Ok, that's fine. No amount of telling them to pick them up was encouraging them to do this. It's exasperating, i know but oh well, it happens. Sometimes your team is derp, its cool. I'm quite used to this fact, and while I lose, I shrug it off and move on with my life.

What really gets me, is that today...I had 3 afk'ers in my spawn point. In a team of less than 10 (I think we had 8?) 3 afk'ers can cause serious problems. I reported them, but they must have movement hacks that kept them twitching to prevent them from actually going afk. In all seriousness, I wish they'd simply leave teh warfront, not just stand there because in a 8v8 where you only have 5 effective members....

I wish reporting someone afk actually did something. I wish reporting botters actually did something. This is not the first time this has happened to me, and while I do realize the desire to not go down and get farmed, in the process, you're causeing us *all* to get farmed. Losing is a part of PvP and while noone likes it, I hate it more when my team deliberately sabotages me, more or less in the form of abandoning our team to just get farmed.

This was my final straw. Although I have cancelled my account awhile back, I had may to play under my sub, and then after that, I will be back to f2p...except I won't.

I know you won't all miss me, but seriously, if Trion can't do something about the proliferent hacking, and afk'ers and botters that go on, this game will just be another botter's paradise, and who wants that? Who goes into an FPS wanting to be pitted against auto-aim, auto-crit hackers?

Why would I want that in an MMO?

*grim·ace
       [grim-uhs, gri-meys] Show IPA noun, verb, grim·aced, grim·ac·ing.

noun
    a facial expression, often ugly or contorted, that indicates disapproval, pain, etc.

General of Telara

I have noticed people sitting out in warfronts also. It is usually, but not always, a mercenary who doesn't want to fight for the enemy and who doesn't want a 15 minute penalty.

Shadowlander

I think you misunderstand the word hacking. None of what you described is hacking.

Good post thought, and i agree with you. I have been reporting the same bots every day for weeks now on my server only to see them still there the next day.

Rift pvp is not perfect by any means. There are people who exploit the pvp system and it sucks. I myself have tried to report countless people and bots and constantly see them everyday running around. All i can really say is that you just have to power through it.

If you are really frustrated just stop thinking about winning or losing. Think about your own pvp progression as a person. It doesn't matter how your team is doing or how badly they are playing, that says nothing about you as a pvper. I know i had horrible wfs where we were rolled but that said nothing about how good or bad you are. If you are proud of the work and the effert you put into that wf, it's a win in my book.

If you are really passionate about pvp try to stop worring about afkers or people we are idiots. Just worry about yourself and your own progression. I know it sucks to lose because just because of *******s but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Good Luck and don't give up.
    Last edited by LOveRH; 04-30-2012 at 06:18 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by old school View Post
    I think you misunderstand the word hacking. None of what you described is hacking.

Good post thought, and i agree with you. I have been reporting the same bots every day for weeks now on my server only to see them still there the next day.
    There are outside programs that will *twitch* the character so they don't afk out of the warfront. it's an outside program which = hacking.

Sorry, probably should have mentioned that. No worries.

This was my final straw. I've uninstalled my game already, I won't be coming back.

<3

Mallina
    Valeria

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by tevikolady View Post
    There are outside programs that will *twitch* the character so they don't afk out of the warfront. it's an outside program which = hacking.

Sorry, probably should have mentioned that. No worries.

This was my final straw. I've uninstalled my game already, I won't be coming back.

<3

Mallina
    Valeria

Im sorry but you are still incorrect. The outside program that you speak of is simply a macro that can be achieved with AHK, autoit, and/or keyboards such as G15 and G13. They are not new, not against TOS and not hacking.

Hacking would be running a program that intercepts information between the server and client that allows you to change things that other people cannot. Examples of this are most commonly increased run speed, being able to see people through objects, being able to clip through objects, auto tageting, etc. If you want to see examples just search for damncheaters on youtube.

Ascendant

so had 99% fun and challenging and great warfronts. Then you has ONE that wasnt fun cause of other PEOPLE afking. And now that is the games fault and you quit cause of that 1 warfront? people are SO WEIRD its not even funny.

So you think in any other games there wont ever be jerks in your vicinity? dream on ...

Rift Chaser

Im sorry but you are still incorrect. The outside program that you speak of is simply a macro that can be achieved with AHK, autoit, and/or keyboards such as G15 and G13. They are not new, not against TOS and not hacking.

Hacking would be running a program that intercepts information between the server and client that allows you to change things that other people cannot. Examples of this are most commonly increased run speed, being able to see people through objects, being able to clip through objects, auto tageting, etc. If you want to see examples just search for damncheaters on youtube.
    Ok. THanks.

Sorry, I stand corrected

Rift Disciple

If it is any consolation, Trion has not failed "Everyone."

If You Are A:

-Bot
    -Hacker
    -AFKer
    -Retarted Warrior (Someone who only has the mental capacity to spam two buttons and wants to win)
    -Lazy Merc

THIS GAME ... Is For YOU!

Technically speaking, using any of those to thwart the AFK auto-boot system would be against the rules. In this case it's not a matter of what you use, but how you use it.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Costs View Post
    If it is any consolation, Trion has not failed "Everyone."

If You Are A:

-Bot
    -Hacker
    -AFKer
    -Retarted Warrior (Someone who only has the mental capacity to spam two buttons and wants to win)
    -Lazy Merc

THIS GAME ... Is For YOU!

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    Technically speaking, using any of those to thwart the AFK auto-boot system would be against the rules. In this case it's not a matter of what you use, but how you use it.
    correct.

But its still not hacking, which is the only point i have been trying to prove.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    Rift pvp is not perfect by any means. There are people who exploit the pvp system and it sucks. I myself have tried to report countless people and bots and constantly see them everyday running around. All i can really say is that you just have to power through it.

If you are really frustrated just stop thinking about winning or losing. Think about your own pvp progression as a person. It doesn't matter how your team is doing or how badly they are playing, that says nothing about you as a pvper. I know i had horrible wfs where we were rolled but that said nothing about how good or bad you are. If you are proud of the work and the effert you put into that wf, it's a win in my book.

If you are really passionate about pvp try to stop worring about afkers or people we are idiots. Just worry about yourself and your own progression. I know it sucks to lose because just because of *******s but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Good Luck and don't give up.
    Thank you for your encouraging words. I know I was good. I didn't need gear to prove it. I didn't need cry babies crying in /yell to prove it either. I started off the 'suck' and ended up Good, and I will walk away with that.

But Rift lost its luster very early for me. PvP and eventually twinking kept me interested longer.

This afk'er problem was like my last straw. I logged off immediately in disgust and uninstalled the game quickly thereafter. I'm sorry, it may seem brash and hasty, but my disillusionment with the game has gone on for quite some time. It's just time to go away.

Thanks for the ride. It was fun

And to:

Acidicrain
    Tbagr
    Bilch
    Mort

a few others I have regularly fought with/against. Thanks for the good times. Love you and good luck

Hi everyone,

We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave the Rift community. Tevikolady, we thank you for your feedback and wish you the very best. We're closing this thread now.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Augureze; 05-10-2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: fixed one word

Closed Thread