+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: It's clear the classes can't be balanced so...

Telaran

Default It's clear the classes can't be balanced so...

Why in a WF when mercs are available does one side have for arguments sake 0 clerics and the other side 5+. Was happening all last night.

Zero heals for one side... 4+ for another.

I would suggest this :-

We pick a soul we want to PVP in and when we enter a WF we are locked to that soul. Consequently when we leave the WF we are back to the soul we had before entering.

I use a different soul for farming etc to what I use in a WF so this in its basic form would be very handy. Saves swapping and rebuffing after leaving just to swap again 2 mins later.

Since each soul has a role... try and balance the number of heals, tanks, support and dps.

Most people seem to like good semi-even WFs... not total one sided crud that's basically decided by rock, paper, scissors because of the random nature of picking teams.

If more attention was put into this I'm sure no one would really care if class X is OP cause each side only has 2 of each etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
    Why in a WF when mercs are available does one side have for arguments sake 0 clerics and the other side 5+. Was happening all last night.

Zero heals for one side... 4+ for another.

I would suggest this :-

We pick a soul we want to PVP in and when we enter a WF we are locked to that soul. Consequently when we leave the WF we are back to the soul we had before entering.

I use a different soul for farming etc to what I use in a WF so this in its basic form would be very handy. Saves swapping and rebuffing after leaving just to swap again 2 mins later.

Since each soul has a role... try and balance the number of heals, tanks, support and dps.

Most people seem to like good semi-even WFs... not total one sided crud that's basically decided by rock, paper, scissors because of the random nature of picking teams.

If more attention was put into this I'm sure no one would really care if class X is OP cause each side only has 2 of each etc.

In playing of GW2 yesterday (boring as crap btw), they did have one nice feature for their PVP setup - if sides were unbalanced, they'd ask for volunteers to switch sides, and then force people to swap sides if no one offered. If we're going to be stuck with the merc system in Rift, then they might as well do something similar, that way the teams can be even and have better matches overall.
    Infy <Transience> of Threesprings
    I PVP with 1 button.
    Potato.

Yeah lets do that, 2 hour warfront queues because no healer/tanks(lol) are queueing ftw!
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

I think this is a really good idea. I'd like to see more balanced team comps in the future.

It shouldn't be a requirement for a Warfront to start, but it'd be nice if it were part of the algorithm. I think it'd make run of the mill Warfronts a lot more fun and bring out individual player skill, when you're fighting on a level playing field.
    ~Quiescent

Telaran

unlike a dungeon... don't need particular roles... just balance the ones you have.

If no heals... so be it. If both teams have no heals and no tanks... it's even.

Order the teams roughly by faction, class/role/rank ... try making the even teams by without mercs 1st then fill gaps in with merc and maybe some shuffling. Take into account queue times and bingo.

The point of this game is on the fly role change. I'll be damned if I see any major avenue of the game that 'locks' you into your role once you enter an instance. That just defies the core of many design elements behind this game. They certainly aren't going to start doing it in PUG warfronts.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    The point of this game is on the fly role change. I'll be damned if I see any major avenue of the game that 'locks' you into your role once you enter an instance. That just defies the core of many design elements behind this game. They certainly aren't going to start doing it in PUG warfronts.
    Not so much role locking, but just giving it a more fair raid comp. EG not 9 rogues and 6 mages versus 5 Clerics 4 Rogues 4 Warriors and 2 mages.
    ~Quiescent

Champion

Just noticed Zaros...

Why does it say 'Suspended' under your name? ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by psionicalpha View Post
    In playing of GW2 yesterday (boring as crap btw)
    I envy you, because I'm currently struggling to launch the rift patcher after what i've seen this past weekend.

Just stop being a noob and cleric will accept to tag as heal.

When the BG is with ******s, i switch dps cause healing is stupid, you're focused, not protected by your mates and they cry like **** when they die "cause they dont receive any heal".

When i'm with very good dps, i tag heal, and the bg runs well.
    [FR] Conspiracy. ID conq 9th.

I don't mind healing. In fact, i heal more often than not, especially when there is a need (although if I'm testing build and I need to go soon, the team is SoL).

The day I am forced to choose however is the day I stop healing. :L

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by psionicalpha View Post
    In playing of GW2 yesterday ....
    I tottally had a blast.

I don't think people figured out fast enough that you can weapon swap in battle. Made life very interesting...

Game was beautiful, and I am excited about release.

Until then...Where can I put my dagger? Oh, this looks like a nice spot...

*stabs*

Quote Originally Posted by tevikolady View Post
    I tottally had a blast.

I don't think people figured out fast enough that you can weapon swap in battle. Made life very interesting...

*stabs*
    once i figured out i could change my tactic points and set bonus's on pvp gear i started having a blast as well. so many combination of abilities and build options is making this game pretty awesome.
    -Skavok - MaleViolence -

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by tevikolady View Post
    I tottally had a blast.

*stabs*
    I havent looked into GW2 since its a f2p .. im concerned that ppl can buy their success i guess ...

But im not happy with the rift PVP, and thats all i play really. the pvm is a dumbed down grindfeast with no challenge at all. Maybe raids still have some challenge but i dont raid so ...

It seems that PVP gets more inbalanced for every patch. Some warrior builds is completely out of whack now. Ive seen warriors with over 600k damage in whitefall regular with time left.. i mean .. REALLY? My 51 Inq if i work very hard and done die can reach MAYBE 200k.
    And thats with all the whisltes and bells on (powerstone, scrolls, brightsurge, food etc.)
    And thats with 50k PA and of course at R40

Ive seen the warrior a few times and he has 30-40 KB in a whitefall match.
    Ill remember to take a screenshot next time i see him.
    Can I have your mana?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by z4oslo View Post
    I havent looked into GW2 since its a f2p .. im concerned that ppl can buy their success i guess ...

But im not happy with the rift PVP, and thats all i play really. the pvm is a dumbed down grindfeast with no challenge at all. Maybe raids still have some challenge but i dont raid so ...

It seems that PVP gets more inbalanced for every patch. Some warrior builds is completely out of whack now. Ive seen warriors with over 600k damage in whitefall regular with time left.. i mean .. REALLY? My 51 Inq if i work very hard and done die can reach MAYBE 200k.
    And thats with all the whisltes and bells on (powerstone, scrolls, brightsurge, food etc.)
    And thats with 50k PA and of course at R40

Ive seen the warrior a few times and he has 30-40 KB in a whitefall match.
    Ill remember to take a screenshot next time i see him.
    I think there is a scroll you can buy in the store (when it comes out) that gives a buff. I think its a vital buff, but its not a recipe for win. From what I understand, the DEVs won't put anything in store that is an I WIN button for PvP. Its mostly fluff.

But the store wasn't working in the BWE. So, if that buff rumor is true, it wasn't available for purchase this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast