+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Caution
  • 1 Post By tevikolady
  • 1 Post By tevikolady

Thread: Warriors/Rogues in PVP= basically Range Classes with double the burst of Mages/Cleric

Rift Disciple

Default Warriors/Rogues in PVP= basically Range Classes with double the burst of Mages/Cleric

Especially warriors I should add, with the seemingly infinite amount of gap closers and the lack of use of any CC due to DR what you essentially have is Rogues and Warriors leaping/running about the place without the means to control them in anyway. Yet Warriors especially seem to have been given MASSIVE burst damage in exchange for supposedly being at some disadvantage against people at max range. 'If you let a Warrior get close to you then you deserve to die fast'. This is the general consensus across these types of games however its no longer any sort of disadvantage for warriors or rogues to be in a position against someone at max range. I think damage really needs to show that. Serveral things can fix this issue:

1) Give mages/range dps clerics/Rogue MM a chance to burst these godly warriors, 1,000,000 shield/damage reduction rogues down that looks at them before insta dead.
    2) Make CC useful, its been broken for a long dam time, everyone would benefit from this change and might actually have to think when PVPing. This might actually help to fix the 5 broken mage souls that are never used.
    3) Revert the nerfs to Mages burst skills before other classes got heavily buffed.
    4) Give mages and range dps clerics more defensive abilities.

I'm really tired of "rogue" being synonymous with NB/RS..

Also, ranged DPS doesn't need to be buffed any more than it already has.
    Mages have Pyro, Clerics have Instagibquisitor and Rogues have Marksman. All of the above are extremely bursty ranged classes, it just depends on how you play them.

The solution is toning down Warrior damage slightly, not buffing ranged DPS.
    Last edited by Zaros; 04-29-2012 at 06:47 AM.
    ~Quiescent

warriors have the gap closers b/c they need them. Badly. Go ingame and find a good duel between a good mage and a good warrior, then you will see what i mean.
    Theblackspikes: Only a bit more than just another lvl 60 Mage
    Missing the <Unreal> home...

If the Rogue is blinking around Purge him/her. That simple.
    And yes Warriors are insane right now.
    My Cleric in crap gear hits way harder than my R40 Rogue.
    Even free cost too much now

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    If the Rogue is blinking around Purge him/her. That simple.
    And yes Warriors are insane right now.
    My Cleric in crap gear hits way harder than my R40 Rogue.
    Seems you are saying that rogues are fine and warriors OP?
    Your rogue solution works well for warriors too. Purge that warrior to get rid of planar and you can now kite him without him being able to do anything other than toss a couple spears. Stay out of his shorter 20m range and he cannot even do that. Simple.

Mages are fine in pvp if you know what your doing.

Rogues shouldn't be complaining at all because have the most versatile class out of all four classes for pvp. NB/RS? Please.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Stilly View Post
    Seems you are saying that rogues are fine and warriors OP?
    Your rogue solution works well for warriors too. Purge that warrior to get rid of planar and you can now kite him without him being able to do anything other than toss a couple spears. Stay out of his shorter 20m range and he cannot even do that. Simple.
    Warrior has it under several crap "buffs" ... is that what it has come down to?

I need to spam purge (which has a GCD) 8 times before I even "begin" to attack?

If a super hard hitting dps cleric had one of those kind of buffs, Trion would nerf us another 40% for good measure.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSpikes View Post
    warriors have the gap closers b/c they need them. Badly. Go ingame and find a good duel between a good mage and a good warrior, then you will see what i mean.
    yes, but if they get the chance to close, it shouldn't be stun, hit dead wither.

I can't kill you in one hit. If I'm kiting, it severely takes me 2 minutes to nag down your incredible HPs.

I think an effective counter is, if you spec into +% damager, that your HPs go down a fair few in compensation. Why should a mack truck of DPS run rampant with more than 2x my HPs?

Sure, have your roll over DPS. You're HPS should be reduced to match the glass cannon you want to be.

Ascendant

Warriors are not overpowered. The damage of the class is no greater then other classes in the game but limited to melee range. I think the problem is perception. Trion nerfed the warrior class into garbage for so long other classes got use to an easy kill. Lol. Even ranged classes would not bother kiting or moving when warriors got into range. The problem is now Trion relegated the warrior class to garbage for to long and then did not handle players expectations when they fixed the class.

So no. Warriors are no where even remotely overpowered. They are effective but these are different things. Kids will always complain if another class functions well in pvp.

The player community needs to accept the fact pvp and the game is better off if all classes can be successful in pvp. For every complaint about a warrior I can think of another class counter or other class positive.

The days of nerfing classes based on whine forum threads need to end. Every player should look forward to logging into the game and playing. You will not get this if Trion listens to a bunch of baddies crying because they want to win solely by nerfing other classes into the ground.

Again. The warrior class is not even remotely overpowered.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Warriors are not overpowered. The damage of the class is no greater then other classes in the game but limited to melee range. I think the problem is perception. Trion nerfed the warrior class into garbage for so long other classes got use to an easy kill. Lol. Even ranged classes would not bother kiting or moving when warriors got into range. The problem is now Trion relegated the warrior class to garbage for to long and then did not handle players expectations when they fixed the class.

So no. Warriors are no where even remotely overpowered. They are effective but these are different things. Kids will always complain if another class functions well in pvp.

The player community needs to accept the fact pvp and the game is better off if all classes can be successful in pvp. For every complaint about a warrior I can think of another class counter or other class positive.

The days of nerfing classes based on whine forum threads need to end. Every player should look forward to logging into the game and playing. You will not get this if Trion listens to a bunch of baddies crying because they want to win solely by nerfing other classes into the ground.

Again. The warrior class is not even remotely overpowered.
    Warriors were great in 1.7. My word, Rokke *still* scares to me to this day, prior to 1.8. Now, warrior damage is insanely overpowered. ANd, again I'd be fine with it if were *just* limited to melee DPS. But the warriors might as WELL be a ranged class. With gap closers, speed boosts, and a few choice ranged abilities, you can't keep a warrior determined to kill you off you. The most effective class that can kite is the MM, and they take forever to dps down a warrior, while trying to keep their speed buffs up.

Nice try.

Warriors need something *toned* down. Either damage or your massive HPs.

+ Reply to Thread