+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nemesauce

Thread: Level 50 epic runes in low level warfronts

Rift Disciple

Default Level 50 epic runes in low level warfronts

There are a number of level 50 epic runes that have an item level requirement of 1. This oversight allows these runes to be used in the low level warfronts. The level requirement for these runes needs to be adjusted to prevent this exploit.

Here is a partial list:

Guard's stalker rune
    Vanguard's Brigadier Rune
    Guard's clairvoyant rune
    Guard's exemplar rune
    Guard's sentinel rune
    Mathosian tumbler's rune
    Crafty dragonslayer's rune

I've also opened a bug on this ingame, just letting everyone know.

Don't forget PA weapon enchants on BoA items.

I remember the days of using my mathos runes for my twink.

Oh wait, i forgot i don't sit in the new player brackets to kill people in quest greens trying to learn the game.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Rift Disciple

For reference purposes, here is a warfront scoreboard that shows the effect of using these runes in the 20-29 bracket. It's the guy at the top with 31 kills and 2 deaths. He uses a level 50 epic rune on every item that will accept it.

I'd love to see this bug fixed. I think the lower level warfronts should have the potential to be fun for everyone, not just the handful of people using these exploits.
    Last edited by nemesauce; 04-29-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesauce View Post
    For reference purposes, here is a warfront scoreboard that shows the effect of using these runes in the 20-29 bracket. It's the guy at the top with 31 kills and 2 deaths. He uses a level 50 epic rune on every item that will accept it.

I'd love to see this bug fixed. I think the lower level warfronts should have the potential to be fun for everyone, not just the handful of people using these exploits.
    It's not a bug. It's Trions developers being lazy. That's what happens when your staff budget is slashed so they can go work on End of Nations.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    It's not a bug. It's Trions developers being lazy. That's what happens when your staff budget is slashed so they can go work on End of Nations.
    It's a bug. The fix is simple: adjust the item level requirement for the runes I listed, and possibly others of which I am not yet aware.

Rift Disciple

From the patch notes, it appears this problem was corrected:

* All Planar Attunement Tier 2 item enchants now require a lvl 50 item. Several runes now require items to be level 50 when applied.

However, these runes are still in use by the characters that already had them. So it appears the fix was to adjust the item level requirement for new items, but existing low level items that already had the runes were not addresssed.

While this is definitely a step in the right direction, in a way it makes the problem worse. Now we have a set of characters with a permament gear advantage that will be impossible to compete with, regardless of the level of effort on the part of the player. These players are in effect getting rewarded for using this exploit.

A complete fix would be to simply remove all existing instances of these runes from low level items. I hope this change is made. Players entering the sub-50 PvP brackets shouldn't have to compete with level 50 epic runes and enchants that they have no chance of ever obtaining themselves.
    Last edited by nemesauce; 05-02-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesauce View Post
    Scaling back the runes won't make a big difference. I've put up comparable performances (usually without deaths, and with a smaller % of the kills, but with better damage:deathblow efficiency) in lesser gear on three different roles (Mage/Cleric/Rogue) on this same cluster -- I don't actually recognize the character in your screenshot but I look forward to encountering him (fwiw there were two Guardian twinks in the warfront in my screenshot that got priority targeted and farmed into oblivion, so it wasn't just me beating up on undergeared characters).

Efficient spec selection combined with top tier gear for the bracket (crafted w/ augments + level-appropriate essences + runes) is more than enough to crank this out. Some specs are also just really good at sniping deathblows with big, overdamaging hits (as was the case for the pyro spec linked in my SS). If you really want to nip these twink builds in the bud you'll need to do more than level cap the runes -- it'll probably involve an augment nerf of some kind as well. Saboteur and Pyromancer can honestly use a big hit from the nerf bat as well in that level range, but I have no idea how they could do it.

Even then, twinks will have an edge (if a slight one), and the good ones will still dominate... but I wouldn't complain about making it tougher for the scrubby ones that end up getting farmed just like the 'new players' as soon as they encounter someone with even a modicum of experience.
    Last edited by Kyera; 05-02-2012 at 04:30 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread