+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: PVP whiners...

Ascendant

Default PVP whiners...

To all those rogues and mages nuking people at 30 - 30 meters. To all those clerics spamming AOE and healing at the sametime.. To all you baddies that want to log in and smash a button to win every time...

Warriors do just as much as damage as other classes but limited to melee range. Honestly, some of you kids should not play pvp. A solid and balanced game means every class has value. Your view of a solid game is everything is nerfed around you so it is easy mode. Trion should be concerned about GW2 but nerfing warriors to satisfy a few baddies like yourselves is not a good business plan. Honestly, rogues ranged dps is tearing up warfronts. You have rogues in pve gear hitting the "easy mode" immunity button and mowing down people.

You want good pvp. Then shut up and accept the fact other classes should not be relegated to complete garbage so you can feel good about yourself and win 100% of the time. If Rift even has a shot at staying alive after these new MMO releases they must ignore nerd raging easy mode kids and make a good game. Warriors are not OP in pvp. I die all the frigging time and 50% of it is to classes that kill me I cannot even get in range to hit. A warrior must have a healer to do anything and even then the numbers are no better then a mage or rogue at 30+ meters. Stop trying to make the game worse off then it already is....

Warriors are not OP given the fact mages and rogues have the same damage at 30 - 35 meters, more CC, and other gimmicks to save themselves. You want balance... then get on the rogue and mage forums and ask for nerfs. The rest of us will just deal with you baddies.

I can promise one thing. If Trion does nerf warriors they will lose more subs then if they kept things even (and balanced) because there is nothing overpowered about warriors in pvp right now. The baddies need accept the fact a good game means they can and will die to other classes. The problem is the perception of baddies who have learned that if you cry on the forums enough Trion will eventually break the game and ruin the experience for 1,000s of players to make a few baddies happy.

Choi...
    Last edited by Majorin; 04-28-2012 at 12:35 PM.

TL;DR version:

Baseless anecdote! Baseless anecdote! Ad hominem ad infinitum! Straw man! Threat of unsubbing!

Misspelling of 'ciao'
    ~Quiescent

Champion

When you go into a Scion and 9 of the top 10 damage dealers are warriors and have ZERO deaths and 95% of the Killing Blows... yeah, Warriors are balanced.

aux

Warriors are balanced.

Signed, a warrior.
    I'm so BORED

Is this the same Majorin from Warhammer online?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    When you go into a Scion and 9 of the top 10 damage dealers are warriors and have ZERO deaths and 95% of the Killing Blows... yeah, Warriors are balanced.
    When you go into a library and every warrior has 15 deaths and zero Killing Blows...yeah, Warriors are balanced.

See! I can make up silly things too!

Pics or it didn't happen (I think that's the proper phrasing, someone check a meme for me).
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    Scion is always full of bots and people gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    TL;DR version: Misspelling of 'ciao'
    I didn't know Q was you. omg

I feel OP now.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    To all those rogues and mages ... To all those clerics spamming AOE and healing
    To all the girls I've loved before...
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    I didn't know Q was you. omg

I feel OP now.
    You are!!
    ~Quiescent

I've been playing the RB build with Riftwalk for about 6 months now. Only thing i've done with this build after 1.8 was to remove 4 points out of pally(due to SS nerf) and move them into the champ tree.

Riftwalk has been in use for months upon months. It's just now that anyone cares about it because the dog's bite matches his/her bark finally. You can no longer sit there and laugh at the warrior pounding on you spamming "Your the worst warrior ever." You have to move.

I'll give you guys a little tip. Today I went agaisnt the only warrior that actually poses a threat to my team in matches. Here was our strat. Killed his healer then killed him. Rinsed and repeated multiple times in WF.

You guys need to seriously think about how you fight a warrior now and stop the whining. Every patch when a class is nerfed or buffed I re-evaluate the situation. When devouring shadows was the big thing, I learned to find these mages asap, silence them and burn them fast. When storm caller had it's hey day, I helped my team keep an eye on their buffs to watch the count for that massive bang that was about to land. When the rog runner spec came out into full flavor in white fall, we figured out that not standing in front of him and stripping his buffs like crazy ended his fun.

Even now, as a warrior, I've learned that im a paper dps. I have to watch my positioning alot more, protect my healers from similar warriors, and los alot of ranged classes(previously this wasn't needed due to healing and/or the added mitigation I got from 4 more points into pally).

Sit back. Look at what the warrior is doing. Learn who the tough warriors are. Strategize a way to counter them. To be successful in pvp you can not just stand there and mash buttons.

I have this build I use that it's only purpose is to distract multiple members of the oposing team to buy the rest of my team time to accomplish what ever goal is needed to win the game. The other day I was laughed at in this build for my dps being so low. This player failed to see that I had tied up 5-8 players(sorry didnt stand around to count them) in their own base in White Fall for 3-4 mins. The reason this was significant was because at the beginning of this mass group kite, my team was down 2 to 0 (normal white fall). My team was able to walk in and steal the flag twice on these guys as they ran around chasing me. Did I win any pissing contest for KBs or dps? Nope. Did my team when the game? Yep.

This kind of tactic has worked so many times in games like WF,PS, Library and Codex. So like I said, sit back, relax and figure out a way to counter these warriors you are crumbling to.
    Last edited by Tohrid; 04-28-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    sit back, relax and figure out a way to counter these warriors you are crumbling to.
    How do I put this..

We have, and there isn't.
    Last edited by Zaros; 04-28-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    ~Quiescent

How do I put this..

We have, and there isn't.
    Funny, thought I gave at least one way to counter them. Hmm, let me see. Nope no other way to say that one. I mean I am a warrior. I'm not gonna give you the 100% step by step process to kill me. I'd be dead all the time. I simply pointed you in a direction. I leave the method of travel up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    I simply pointed you in a direction. I leave the method of travel up to you.
    You can also point someone in the direction of Venus.

Good luck getting there, because even if you did, the temperature is 900F, the pressure is roughly 100x earth's at sea level, and there's sulfuric acid clouds floating around just waiting to give you a hug.

What I'm saying, is Riftblade is overpowered.
    ~Quiescent

TL;DR version:

Baseless anecdote! Baseless anecdote! Ad hominem ad infinitum! Straw man! Threat of unsubbing!

Misspelling of 'ciao'
    Hahahaha nice sig Q...... thats happened to me a few times too.... lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast