Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Jpd
  • 2 Post By Hartzekar
  • 2 Post By Credo

Thread: Just get over it

Jpd
    Soulwalker

Default Just get over it

When I log in and do the same thing over and over and over, and I get very good at it and become one of the best healers in the game....then log in and discover that all of a sudden I am the weakest healer in the game, not because I just suck all of a sudden but because the developers decided to make it litterally impossible for me to be an effective pvp healer....well that just tells me that it is time to quit.

I got a month or 2 left on my sub, maybe I will try and heal some more but I find myself playing other games more and more and more. I doubt I will pay for a new sub....anyways good luck to everyone, it has been fun playing since early access but ya my time here is over. Gday.

Rift Master

They've been extremely slow on this one, but I'm guessing warriors will be toned down in the next hotfix. Between that and the modest warden unnerfs that just went live, pvp might be closer to tolerable.

TL;DR I played Warden ezmode alot, and now I can't facetank 5 people while helaing my whole team.

Also, one of the best healers in the game? I've never heard of you.
    Last edited by Hartzekar; 04-28-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Jpd View Post
    When I log in and do the same thing over and over and over, and I get very good at it and become one of the best healers in the game....then log in and discover that all of a sudden I am the weakest healer in the game, not because I just suck all of a sudden but because the developers decided to make it litterally impossible for me to be an effective pvp healer....well that just tells me that it is time to quit.

I got a month or 2 left on my sub, maybe I will try and heal some more but I find myself playing other games more and more and more. I doubt I will pay for a new sub....anyways good luck to everyone, it has been fun playing since early access but ya my time here is over. Gday.
    Your Warden turned into Chloro?
    Even free cost too much now

Plane Touched

I haven't played the game, let alone pvp'd in at least 4 months. Yet when I came back, a day of tinkering with specs was all it took to find a role that can top the charts, as well as keep myself alive while I wait for help. Surely if some random scrub nobody like myself can do it, one of the best healers in the game can.
    Last edited by Haptiic; 04-28-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Try jumping less.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    Try jumping less.
    Hell with that! First thing I did was figure out a spec that could bunnyhop and heal the whole time.

@OP I was doing some testing with Warden in WFs after the moderate bumps and it actually feels about right now. SS feels about 5% off still but overall its competitive. I can take a good R40 Warrior to the face with lingering wounds and survive comfortably with only occasional concerns. Two is doable but is very dicey, if I'm not prepared I'm in trouble. Good Rogues are a problem as Warden..but then they are a problem for everyone.
    Last edited by CericX; 04-28-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Jpd
    Soulwalker

you have not heard of me most likely because I server hop A LOT! Constantly being marked with a 1 over my head and targeted all the time, I transfer often and change names often.

I don't feel that I should need to test different specs out until I find one that works. The main reason i was attracted to this game was that it offered so MANY different specs that worked. I allready did all that, a year ago, and found the one that I liked to play. That one does not work anymore, because Trion does not want it to? Ppl cried enough so they changed it? Not exactly sure what was "wrong" with pvp in the first place but whatever the reasons are it doesn't matter. The game is jsut not fun to me anymore.
    Every time pvp has been addressed in patches, the play experience has gotten worse to the point that I don't want to play anymore. No worries, just not my cup of tea is all. I am glad others are able to enjoy stat vs stat combat, but I am done with it.

Skill based mmo pvp is around the corner, I will be there.

Hi everyone,

We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave the Rift community. Jpd, we thank you for your feedback and wish you the very best. We're closing this thread now.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread