+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: It's not twinks, but laziness that is the problem

Rift Disciple

Default It's not twinks, but laziness that is the problem

"[edit] A lot of rude text and accusations" were called out to me and a few other twinks the other day. I was shocked and bewildered. So instead of playing the rest of the game I decided to do a little research and here is what I found......

Said mad person was level 25 mage. He had no rings. No lessers in his 2 slot Sigil. Lv 10 quest boots. Lv 12 chest. All but 1 other piece of gear was sub lv 20. Green lv 22 staff. No enchants. I asked the person how much favor, money and planerite he had. Surprisingly he told me.... 2230 favor, 7p and 123 plan (not sure if he had any corrupted soursestones, should have asked). He was running some version of necro/lock but I never saw a purple beam so I'm not really sure about his spec. A quick glance at the scoreboard showed what I expected. No kb's, no fang carries, 3000+ damage done, 7 deaths, 200+ healing done and 3000+ heals taken (provided by me no less).

This prompted me to take an in-depth look at the rest of my team. Tho Mr rude lv 25 mage was the worst of the bunch there were several that seemed to be racing him for the bottom. Similar gearing and just as crappy stats. Honesty compels to say that at least one of the crappy geared toons did have 3 fang carrys.....so gratz to him/her for playing to win !!!

Now I like playing my twink Insenticar (have a bad *** shammy spec for those moments when I feel like killing), but my warrior friend is constantly telling me that I'd be more effective killing as a shammy than wasting my heals on these "turds". "Go healing once we know we're playing with people who actually can do something with your heals, otherwise it's a waste and your shammy can be cleaning the field (which is true....when I shammy up 20+ kills is the norm). Sad but true....my friend is right.

It's not twinks that is making this guys playing experience suck. It is his complete and total laziness. His gear sucked, his spec probably sucked and his game play sucked (watched him in action a few times....trust me, he sucked). And hes not alone. What he wanted and what he nerd raged over because he didn't get it, was a free ride. He thought, and I use that term loosely, that he could just show up to a BG and that it would be populated with a bunch of other slackers just like him and he could roll some easy exp and favor.

To some degree he was right.....but then there's people like me People who take enough pride in what they do to insure that their gear is top notch (even when I was just leveling). People who spend lots of time on forums and youtube learning not just their spec but every other spec out there so that we can play effectively always (even when we were at the bottom of the bracket and without bolster). People who have spent the time to research the game to know exactly what gear we need and how to acquire it (which by the way is not hard). For you slackers out there, rest assured....I'm good enough to beat you nakid...gear only assures that I waste as little time as necessary doing so, so I can get on with the business of killing people who are worth my attention.

3-4 plat, 150 planerite, rep reward from silverwood and some glass beads was all this "tool" had to pony up to make his gear competitive. It wouldn't change the outcome for him even if it was given to him, because in the end it's the quality of the person behind the screen that makes the biggest difference and he, like most who [edit] complain about twinking are simply too lazy to try to get better.

If you are this type of person...here's some tough love for you...I or others like me will always beat you (usually with humiliating ease), I whatever bracket your in ( it gets nothing but worst at 50 where crappy players with good gear will smoke you too) and in whatever game you eventual are in. Even in the real world your lack of pride and laziness will ensure that you will always be on the bottom of the pile cause there will always be people like me, but there's some good news.

I and "most" people like me don't want you to be in that position. I want you to be better. I want you to ask me how I did this or that...or how can I get that piece of gear. I want you to improve. I want you to make me earn every kill and every victory. I want you to make me better. I want you to make me say "wtf did he just do to me" and force me to spend time looking in my combat log trying to figure it out. I want you to be so good that you force me to rethink my strategy. I want you to be so good that every time I see you on the opposite team that my blood starts to boil a little. I want you to be so good that I'm forced to make a /target "that sob" macro. BUT, I can't make you that person. You have to do it completely on your own.....and it all starts with, not you nerd raging because other people have more industry or pride than do yourself, but by YOU realizing and saying "idk wtf I'm doing, I'm out of my league and how can I (let me repeat I I I I I I) fix my problem" and then fixing it.

Your truly,
    Zapkrieg, Kriegstruppen, Kriegmachina, Daskrieg, Derkrieg, Wiskytangofoxtrot, Zap and Oxen
    Last edited by Sonic Rain Boom; 04-28-2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Language

General of Telara

I somewhat agree with the OP. I did some checking of some of the players myself and a few of them were extremely "slack-geared". These were often the ones yelling in chat. So their natural lack of control in chat, and their apparent distain for getting proper gear, and their "entitled to win attitude" just made me conclude that they were very young.

Quote Originally Posted by Daskrieg View Post
    ...I was shocked and bewildered. For you slackers out there, rest assured....I'm good enough to beat you nakid...
    The melodrama of a twink...

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    The melodrama of a twink...
    It might have been a little exaggerated, but in some cases it's not far from wrong.

In many cases, a well informed and skilled player could, in fact, beat a poorly informed, poorly geared and poorly skilled player, even if he was naked.

Hey I learned one thing in your post. If you add S to a word it makes the filter ignore it completely.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Actually the laziness is the people that want to only have to grind a day or two to get gear and not put their time in at level 50 to get their gear.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Starsong View Post
    Actually the laziness is the people that want to only have to grind a day or two to get gear and not put their time in at level 50 to get their gear.
    Yep it applies to the real world too. People that want to buy their bread at a store rather than grow wheat, harvest it, grind it and make their own bread are just lazy...wait, what?

Back to the game, I believe I understand now. Its not that you think the game should be a grind, by nature, do you? It is the fact that you choose to grind out 50, and now you are upset that others aren't forced to do what you did......hmm kind of self centered don't you think?
    Last edited by Riwijo; 04-28-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riwijo View Post
    Yep it applies to the real world too. People that want to buy their bread at a store rather than grow wheat, harvest it, grind it and make their own bread are just lazy...wait, what?

Back to the game, I believe I understand now. Its not that you think the game should be a grind, by nature, do you? It is the fact that you choose to grind out 50, and now you are upset that others aren't forced to do what you did......hmm kind of self centered don't you think?
    Kind of self centered you feel others should have to be lazy like you and twink instead of playing to level 50 and enjoying the whole game as it was meant to be played, oh wait I see what I did thar!

General of Telara

Kind of self centered you feel others should have to be lazy like you and twink instead of playing to level 50 and enjoying the whole game as it was meant to be played, oh wait I see what I did thar!
    I do agree with you on one thing, the game is meant to be played the way it is designed
    Last edited by Riwijo; 04-28-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Rift Disciple

Default @starsong

Actually, most of us twinks have multiple well geared 50's...I do at least. We all twink for different reasons, but mine is due to the huge disparity between Defiant and Guardian players in the upper 50's bracket. No matter how good I might be, I can't individually make a significant difference. The end result is we consistently get rolled...especially by Seastone premades. My good play will only at best delay the inevitable. I'm also quite disappointed by how Trion has more or less pigeonholed everyone into cookie cutter spec at lv 50. Sure there's plenty of variety, but if you just look the really good players....we're all pertty much running the same specs and wearing the same gear. If I want a fps game I have many other better choices. Likewise, I'm a little pissed about making pve gear damn near necessary to pvp. I don't pve. It doesn't make much sense to me if there is no equivalent pvp piece.

At lower levels there is more diversity and to me at least more fun. All gear is pve and mostly crafted...eliminating that complaint. Tho most mages are pyro and all warriors are moving to rift....both of which makes me sad. Seems Trion won't have it any other way. Eventually they will tweek this game to the point that there is no variety and the last bit of fun will be gone....and so will I

But....it for sure is not laziness on our part....take 4 toons to p38+ yourself while maintaining competitive gear throughout the entire leveling process. Then you can have the right to question whether I'm lazy or not.

Plane Walker

The anti-twink hysteria has gotten so extreme lately, that if you take a moderately or even poorly geared level x9 character into a warfront -- and do well -- you get labeled a twink and people throw all kinds of grief your way.

"He killed me, and he's level 29! Must be a twink! Whaaaaaaah!"

Ridiculous.

Prophet of Telara

Riwijo making a stupid analogy in defense of twinking? No way!!!!

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Riwijo making a stupid analogy in defense of twinking? No way!!!!
    Way!! I don't have to defend anything, it's in the game.....sheeze.

Unlike some people, we're not telling people how to play the game.

Go ahead and play end game if you want, or play a twink. Makes little matter to us what you do. We don't pay your sub so you can pretty much do whatever you want.

We're not the ones telling people how the game should be played or at what level it should be played. Although it would be nice if more people put a little more effort into their low level toons, just to give us a bit more challenge, but like I said, it's their toon.

What we are doing is telling people why we choose to play the game we choose to play it and we're suggesting that if people want to be successful in PvP, at any level, they should do some prep work.
    Last edited by Meina; 04-28-2012 at 01:51 PM.

I do agree with you on one thing, the game is meant to be played the way it is designed
    Wait for it, wait for it...and the game wasn't designed with twinking OR mercing, so yeah, let us get rid of these two features and play the game the way it was designed! I could not agree more!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast