+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By Vivvi
  • 1 Post By Haptiic

Thread: Whats your problem DPS'ers ?

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Vivvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    396

    Default Whats your problem DPS'ers ?

    Ok, so in a perfect world ( atleast according to me ) 1 healer vs. 1 dps should not be killed unless he goes out of mana.
    That makes dps'ers mad, so they moan and moan until that poor healer is nerfed to the ground.
    Ok so you are mad cause you couldnt kill me....guess what, I cant kill you either....wanna know the best part?...you will eventually be able to kill me no matter what, cause I have limited mana and you might not!

    Why is it TOTALLY ok for dps to own others like mad and make their team a winner, but its NOT ok for a healer to be one of the reasons their team wins.
    Sorry but it doesnt make sense ! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM !!?

    Its the same in every goddam game...dps'ers acts like children that gets mad when they dont get what they want.
    Christ be adults and accept that against a healer you alone should not be able to win...unfortunatly that is not the case atm ....anyone and their grandmother can beat a healer, and you STILL have the nerves to moan about not getting any heals from your teamhealer !
    O M G !!!

    When I started this game I honestly felt glad that finally a game where healers were taken seriously...but I guess the kids finally got it their way just like in Wow.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Redius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    <snip>Why is it TOTALLY ok for dps to own others like mad and make their team a winner, but its NOT ok for a healer to be one of the reasons their team wins.
    Sorry but it doesnt make sense ! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM !!?

    Its the same in every goddam game...dps'ers acts like children that gets mad when they dont get what they want.
    Christ be adults <snip, I can't handle any more qq>
    So...you figured the best way to bring this to the communities attention was to cry and whine when that's the very behavior you're against?

    I have only this to say, it's the only thing that I can think of when I read your post.
    Last edited by Redius; 04-28-2012 at 05:47 AM.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

    THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Vivvi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    So...you figured the best way to bring this to the communities attention was to cry and whine when that's the very behavior you're against?
    To bad for you that you cant tell the diffrence between moaning and someone trying to point out a behaviour that alot of gamers seems to end up having nowdays.

    Moaning is imo when someone complains they cant do A because their opponent is using B...so they go out moan and moan until they get both A and B...only to end up not being happy with that either.

    Pointing that behaviour out is not moaning.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Redius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    To bad for you that you cant tell the diffrence between moaning and someone trying to point out a behaviour that alot of gamers seems to end up having nowdays.

    Moaning is imo when someone complains they cant do A because their opponent is using B...so they go out moan and moan until they get both A and B...only to end up not being happy with that either.

    Pointing that behaviour out is not moaning.
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM !!?

    Its the same in every goddam game...dps'ers acts like children that gets mad when they dont get what they want.
    Christ be adults and accept that against a healer you alone should not be able to win...unfortunatly that is not the case atm ....anyone and their grandmother can beat a healer, and you STILL have the nerves to moan about not getting any heals from your teamhealer !
    O M G !!!

    When I started this game I honestly felt glad that finally a game where healers were taken seriously...but I guess the kids finally got it their way just like in Wow.
    This sure looks like whining and moaning. You're insulting DPS'ers, claming they "act like children". You say, "Christ be adults" (another insult); you claim that only kids play here now (inferred from your WoW quote).

    Sir, I'd postulate that you're whining, complaining, and generally NOT "pointing out behavior". I'd be happy to sit down with you and explain on how to write a rational post that points out an issue and doesn't sound like snot-nosed whining because someone cleaned your clock in a warfront.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

    THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

  5. #5
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    This weekend I've encountered some squishy healers with about 6k HP. I can burst them down in my 51 Champ/15 Para spec solo if they don't kite me. I've also encountered some Wardens (yes, Wardens), with about 8.5k HP that just don't die. CC em, interrupt em, pop CDs when they get low to finish em off, and they just do NOT die. I think it's a spec/skill issue.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    This weekend I've encountered some squishy healers with about 6k HP. I can burst them down in my 51 Champ/15 Para spec solo if they don't kite me. I've also encountered some Wardens (yes, Wardens), with about 8.5k HP that just don't die. CC em, interrupt em, pop CDs when they get low to finish em off, and they just do NOT die. I think it's a spec/skill issue.

    since wardens are now 40% effective as they used to be, I find this very hard to believe. Never mind the fact that that the majority of decently skilled PvPers will have some sort of healing debuff that takes away another 40%. honestly if you are fighting a warden and you still cant kill them, then you should really take a look at what you are doing, because its most likely wrong. unless of course they are getting healed by someone else(which is the case 9 times out of 10).

  7. #7
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vivvi View Post
    Ok, so in a perfect world ( atleast according to me ) 1 healer vs. 1 dps should not be killed unless he goes out of mana.
    That makes dps'ers mad, so they moan and moan until that poor healer is nerfed to the ground.
    Ok so you are mad cause you couldnt kill me....guess what, I cant kill you either....wanna know the best part?...you will eventually be able to kill me no matter what, cause I have limited mana and you might not!

    Why is it TOTALLY ok for dps to own others like mad and make their team a winner, but its NOT ok for a healer to be one of the reasons their team wins.
    Sorry but it doesnt make sense ! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM !!?

    Its the same in every goddam game...dps'ers acts like children that gets mad when they dont get what they want.
    Christ be adults and accept that against a healer you alone should not be able to win...unfortunatly that is not the case atm ....anyone and their grandmother can beat a healer, and you STILL have the nerves to moan about not getting any heals from your teamhealer !
    O M G !!!

    When I started this game I honestly felt glad that finally a game where healers were taken seriously...but I guess the kids finally got it their way just like in Wow.
    I play a cleric in level 29 (yes a twink) warfronts. I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. What you are kind of describing is that if any two players face off (cleric against rogue, mage against warrior, rogue against warrior, etc) and if they start at exactly the same time, like a dual, they should each have an equal chance of winning, using their respective skills. Well I think that is pretty much the case at least with my cleric, but anything, a random shot from a passerby, a teammate, etc will upset that balance.

    In warfronts I play solo, I never play with a team mate, one on one I can hold my own, but if someone stealths me and gets off the first big hit, or he has a buddy, I will often loose, as it should be. I don't think the clerics, at least mine, have been nerfed nearly as much as some will claim.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    100

    Default @vivvi

    The determining factor in any encounter with my cleric is lingering wounds, vampiric embrace and fell blades. How and when those are applied (in combination with cc) are what makes or break it for me. W/O those I will 100% of the time win any 1v1 encounter. W/O those debuffs in the mix I can survive 4-6 crappy players or 2-3 good players long enough for reinforcements. Even with VE and FB in the mix good timing with cleanse and a little luck will get me by (lingering wounds is usually my death call tho). Might even kill someone while doing it. How much better should healing be???

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple BlackSpikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    123

    Default

    i agree wardens should have been nerfed, but not quite as much as they have been, and the cleric healing trees should have been left alone.........
    Theblackspikes: Only a bit more than just another lvl 60 Mage
    Missing the <Unreal> home...

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Azchire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    This weekend I've encountered some squishy healers with about 6k HP. I can burst them down in my 51 Champ/15 Para spec solo if they don't kite me. I've also encountered some Wardens (yes, Wardens), with about 8.5k HP that just don't die. CC em, interrupt em, pop CDs when they get low to finish em off, and they just do NOT die. I think it's a spec/skill issue.

    Gear.


    You're R31, that healer's probably R40 with all BiS PvP gear/runes. When you start to pin out your gear, you can roll your face all over that healer and he'll find his teeth in the dirt very soon.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    I just have a personal pet peeve to heals. Story one of DPS. Although I'm 25, I will admit that I refuse to grow up. So technically I'll let you call me a kid.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  12. #12
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azchire View Post
    Gear.


    You're R31, that healer's probably R40 with all BiS PvP gear/runes. When you start to pin out your gear, you can roll your face all over that healer and he'll find his teeth in the dirt very soon.
    This guy survived 3-4 DPS, one of which was a high ranked warrior. If I see him again, I'll start a video and post it.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts