+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Please nerf warriors, from a warrior

Soulwalker

Default Please nerf warriors, from a warrior

I have 3 p38+ chars, war, cleric and rogue. My warriors burst and control is unmatched by my other classes since 1.8. It is not fun to dominate other similarly geared players if they just drop.

Please nerf rb by a flat 20% all around.

To be honest besides ss, warriors were perfectly fine in 1.7. They didn't just run in, get 3 pts and blow their 30 sec aeo cd and get kills. They had to use Los, cc, fast switches, you know, stuff that takes human thinking.

Challenge = fun.

Regards- metri, goneagain and tvhatic

Soulwalker

Why a flat 20% nerf? WHY shouldnt warriors be able to crit 1.5-2k every now and then IN MELEE RANGE when a mage/rogue can at a range of 30 metres???

The only point i see you have is about the 30 sec aoe cooldown which i know u mean rift storm, and yes this is op atm and the reason is not really its damage its the fact you can carry on like normal while it is active so you are dealing far too much damage at once, simply just needs to attack like cornered beast where u cant use other abilitys at the same time

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hotness View Post
    Why a flat 20% nerf? WHY shouldnt warriors be able to crit 1.5-2k every now and then IN MELEE RANGE when a mage/rogue can at a range of 30 metres???

The only point i see you have is about the 30 sec aoe cooldown which i know u mean rift storm, and yes this is op atm and the reason is not really its damage its the fact you can carry on like normal while it is active so you are dealing far too much damage at once, simply just needs to attack like cornered beast where u cant use other abilitys at the same time
    Size of crits on single abilities are not as important as Dmg landing in 1-2 globals. Ie Burst finisher, fren strike, and rs all in one global. My warrior does too much dmg all around even if I dont use rift storm.

Both of the 2 big hitters are in champ and riftblade. Both you can move out of easily instead of derp like you're God and can take the full burst. P.S. A p40 healer or tank CAN take the full burst. Our burst is THE SAME as the burst of a Warrior who sits in range of squirrel and makes no effort to close the gap, LoS, or get out of impending chain effects.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Soulwalker

Yes, u talk about warrior burst but u do realise how quickly a rogue or mage can also burst down a warrior from 30m range? specialy in this build as it is extremely squishy it takes a warrior to get into melee range to pull the burst off and once they are in that melee range there literaly is no way of retreating its either kill or be killed and with no burst.. whats the point

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    Both of the 2 big hitters are in champ and riftblade. Both you can move out of easily instead of derp like you're God and can take the full burst. P.S. A p40 healer or tank CAN take the full burst. Our burst is THE SAME as the burst of a Warrior who sits in range of squirrel and makes no effort to close the gap, LoS, or get out of impending chain effects.
    It seems that me that every attack coming out the RB tree is burst. Criticals coming out the ying yang, short cd's, no need for melee range, instant endless teleports, group AOE, you have everything you could possibly want delivered to you on a silver platter and anyone that can press two buttons can play this soul. No drawbacks at all and you sacrifice nothing. Need a little more damage mitigation ? I will take Paladin for 15pts Alex.

I don't know about other people, but I have zero interest in running this FOTM soul. Just like I would have zero interest in shooting ducks in a barrel. Must be a bots wet dream though.

Rift Master

The good warrirors figured out 44rb/22champ almost immediately. They wrecked everyone for a week with no hotfix leading right into a GW2 beta weekend.

It's like Trion wants Rift pvp to fail.

Telaran

Never understood why warrior heal debuff is uncleansable..

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Telaran

The funny thing is, I have a P30+ of all classes, including 2 P40s, my warrior and cleric, and I consider my warrior to STILL be the worst class for PvP, by a long shot. I much prefer to play any of my other characters because they are just that much more effective in PvP.

People crying about the damage need to learn how to read combat logs or just flat out pay attention. It's the mages, inquisitors and MMs that are blowing you up, it just looks like the warrior is because he's right in your face all the time. I have yet to hit as hard as either my pyrodom or inquis, or do as much burst, let alone from range. On top of that, I offer absolutely NOTHING to the team that is unique.

In a nutshell, cry more and L2P.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Congrolios View Post
    The funny thing is, I have a P30+ of all classes, including 2 P40s, my warrior and cleric, and I consider my warrior to STILL be the worst class for PvP, by a long shot. I much prefer to play any of my other characters because they are just that much more effective in PvP.

People crying about the damage need to learn how to read combat logs or just flat out pay attention. It's the mages, inquisitors and MMs that are blowing you up, it just looks like the warrior is because he's right in your face all the time. I have yet to hit as hard as either my pyrodom or inquis, or do as much burst, let alone from range. On top of that, I offer absolutely NOTHING to the team that is unique.

In a nutshell, cry more and L2P.
    That would be a nice theory were it not for good warriors consistently dominating the top spots for KBs and damage done.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tvhatic View Post
    I have 3 p38+ chars, war, cleric and rogue. My warriors burst and control is unmatched by my other classes since 1.8. It is not fun to dominate other similarly geared players if they just drop.

Please nerf rb by a flat 20% all around.

To be honest besides ss, warriors were perfectly fine in 1.7. They didn't just run in, get 3 pts and blow their 30 sec aeo cd and get kills. They had to use Los, cc, fast switches, you know, stuff that takes human thinking.

Challenge = fun.

Regards- metri, goneagain and tvhatic
    Warriors do just as much as damage as other classes but limited to melee range. Honestly, some of you kids should not play pvp. A solid and balanced game means every class has value. Your view of a solid game is everything is nerfed around you so it is easy mode. Trion should be concerned about GW2 but nerfing warriors to satisfy a few baddies like yourselves is not a good business plan. Honestly, rogues ranged dps is tearing up warfronts. You have rogues in pve gear hitting the "easy mode" I am a bad immunity button and mowing down people.

You want good pvp. Then shut up and accept the fact other classes should not be relegated to complete garbage so you can feel good about yourself and win 100% of the time. If Trion even has a shot at staying alive after these new MMO releases they must ignore nerd raging easy mode kids like yourself. Warriors are not OP at this point in pvp. I die all the frigging time and 50% of it is to classes I cannot even get in range to hit. A warrior must have a healer to do anything and even then my numbers are no better then a mage or rogue at 30 meters. Stop trying to make the game worse off then it already is....

Warriors are not OP given the fact mages and rogues have the same damage at 30 - 35 meters, more CC, and other gimmicks to save themselves. You want balance... then get on the rogue and mage forums and ask for nerfs. The rest of us will just deal with you baddies.
    Last edited by Majorin; 04-28-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual View Post

The alternative would be to make it heal the warrior like the Rogue heal debuff does.

i can agree there needs to be some changes, but not necessarily the damage.

planar blade could be reset to 5 sec CD on critical - cannot happen more then once every 5 secs

storm blade can be a channeled power like cornered beast or flurry , as suggested a few times.

the devs put in a bunch of time and effort to make all warrior damage souls equally viable.
    a 20% nurf would just make players use other specs that do as much damage--
    i would rather give up a few OP powers then relegate a spec last place damage wise.
    1. Ruule --------50--r50-warrior-(g)
    2. Necrodemis--50--r41-mage-(g)
    3. Greywind-----50--r45-rouge-(g)
    4. Cavalon-------50--r43-cleric-(g)
    5. Cruule---------50-----warrior-(d)

Oaf

Quote Originally Posted by Sensual View Post

Warriors were in a bad place in PvP and Rogues got a huge PvP buff which included a heal debuff that also had a siphon. I think it was the same patch that they made LW cleansable. Warriors did less damage with way lower range and the one unique debuff that Warriors brought to PvP was now inferior to VM. There was much qq that Rogues were better than Warriors in every way and LW was changed back to being uncleansable.
    Honorary member of The Fallen Sons and Terrible Idea.

Soulwalker

If I played a war I wouldn't be very pleased. They fall over like rag dolls now. I know how to tank wars on my cleric and it's my fav thing to do. Watch em all charge me "pling pling" and all I gotta do is hold out 5 seconds before they start falling down around me from my backfield fire. I thought wars were fine in 1.7. The 3 war 2 cleric combo was pretty awesome and I'm not sure why making a warrior play like a rogue us a good thing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast