+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Please nerf warriors, from a warrior

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    clerics can facetank at least 2 warriors for a good 20sec. now.
    I think 51 Purifier is the most survivable Healing spec, unless you go deep into Justicar and you're not a healer if you do that. I cannot facetank ONE equal geared (P14) Warrior that knows how to Silence, Root, and Snare, let alone two, for 20s. I can facetank one Rogue for much longer than 20s, however.

Or do you mean, an equal number of clerics can facetank that many warriors? If that's what you mean, then only sometimes, if the warriors aren't good at timing their Rift Storms together and both go after the same cleric, leaving one to heal unmolested. If they time their RS, or they each pressure a cleric, the clerics will go down in <20s.

And, really, one cleric should be able to facetank one Warrior FOREVER. In fact, if the Warrior isn't running Riftblade, and thus cannot Silence, that's how it works.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by MitsuMarty View Post
    Your not supposed too. That's like wondering why mages trying to tank a raid boss keep dying. They're supposed to be ranged. Rogues aren't supposed to "take" the damage. They're supposed to avoid it and if they can't they have abilities to get away, ie. slip away. A warrior is made to absorb the damage by default. And with the given "problematic" spec, even that is questionable because they are glass cannons. If the warrior your speaking of is able to go into a group of 5 people and decimate them because of your heals. It's NOT the warrior that is the problem in that situation. It's the playability of the opposing 5 characters that are just standing there allowing him to do that.
    I don't even need to "heal" the Warrior. I toss a couple shields, and their own healing covers the rest. I've watched Cibos, and other R40 Warriors, destroy entire teams with the "heal" from me being a single Rite of the Ancestors coupled with their self-healing.

Hell, the other day Skeezus had more Healing Done than I did. All I need to do is give them a little help to go from taking down groups to entire teams.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Quote Originally Posted by Velkane View Post
    I don't even need to "heal" the Warrior. I toss a couple shields, and their own healing covers the rest. I've watched Cibos, and other R40 Warriors, destroy entire teams with the "heal" from me being a single Rite of the Ancestors coupled with their self-healing.

Hell, the other day Skeezus had more Healing Done than I did. All I need to do is give them a little help to go from taking down groups to entire teams.
    Tossing a couple shields goes a long way for a warrior. When you toss shields on that build. Your simply completing it. Being that it sacrificed survivability for dps, when you give it survivability it's well rounded. As for the amount of heals they did, that is ridiculous, but they can be heal debuffed too.

I play a warrior and I can agree that the only real issue with them is the OP ogcd aoe which the dmg itself can just be lowered, and riftwalk insta refresh. I would be fine if they made it like a 10 sec cooldown and when you crit it lowers that time by 2sec or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    sh*t warriors shouldn't have anything then. u guys are so dramatic with your nerf calling...

i will say clerics could use a couple escape tools. not defensive cooldowns but gap openers. more then one at least.
    I would be fine with that, make it non-directional even so it couldn't be used offensively. Cleric PvP PA ability "Rift Escape" 2 min cooldown.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

Quote Originally Posted by Velkane View Post

Wait, did we just start crying about two mutually exclusive self buffs? I think we did.

I fully admit PB+BOEA is OP. I've died from every warrior running it.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mechar View Post
    Ming, you seem reasonable, but this just doesn't seem right. On my Rank 20 Cleric, I've never been bursted down by a single warrior in 3-5 seconds, and I don't have near the gear you do it sounds like. Of course 3 dps spec warriors (or mages or rogues or and combo) and my rank 20 cleric melts fast naturally. I agree with you sometimes it doesn't take a lot longer than say 8-10 seconds, for the R40 warrior to burn down my little cleric, but the good mages and rogues do that too, and the rank 30+ healing clerics I play with/against still seem very survivable against one dps, for a long time (typically you can't kill them 1v1 in a normal warfront before the scenario changes, one team or the other has people join the fight).
    That's in INQ spec and no that's no exaggeration whatsoever. It's not even remotely competitive. They say, "but you have range." HA, Really ? I mean I "should" have that advantage, yes. If that were the case and I could stay out of reach assuming careful management of cooldowns, good play etc. That would be fine. But in actuality I have 10m more effective range... and that 10m means squat. There's also a ton of warriors running around so I'm basically in 20m of a warrior at any given time. "Kiting" in the sense of a "kiter" creating and maintaining a gap between them and a "kitee" doesn't happen. Sure for a few seconds at a time until I'm chopped into 100 pieces. That gap is supposed to be the bread and butter of ranged PvP. Not in Rift PvP, and especially not lately. It usually goes like this... warriors get on their mount... ride into melee range press a few buttons and their target is dead. There's no maintainable gap gonna happen, period. I might get off a successful knockback if their warp is on CD, and drop Nyster's Rebuke (has stun component and does damage) which doesn't even dent their 11k health and stops them for .5 second until they breakfree. They have CC as well so I'm also blowing one of my (3 CD's before I'm dead) to counter theirs. Then it's zero sum, I'm in their range and I'm gonna die. Valor may as well not even be a factor. I'll pop healing breath (removing my MoA in the process [or the HB is even more useless] which cuts my damage by a truckload. The HB is traditionally the bread and butter of INQ survivability as it can crit for pretty high numbers- but with the insane burst I'm getting it either a) only does a splinter, or b) I'm dead before I can smash the button. INQ has always been a super squishy class which used to pose a threat for their burst capability. All things being relative now everyone's got the same burst so we're just squishy with sub-par tools. Now if they gave us some viable survival toys I'd have less to QQ about, but we're at a huge disadvantage. Other classes get splits, sidesteps, slip away, squirrel, flicker, stun, etc.. we have a knockback, a 2 second cast (WTF) "Bewilder" (apt name) which is 1000% useless in PvP especially with DoTs and AoE all over the place, and a snare which is broken free of or on DR/immune. So Knockback basically, which is quite often useless vs obstacles preventing pushback, gap closers, etc. The other top "ranged" classes are far superior in DPS, CC's, and debuffs. So I just weep when whatever FoTM class justifies their OP'ness based on the OP'ness __insert any offensive PVP calling here EXCEPT cleric___. "But assasins.... but pyros.... but MM" What about clerics? "Who?"

In full senticar spec.... I have a ton more survivability and can dance with a warrior for maybe 20-30 seconds but they don't even bother killing the cleric first anymore. They just kill everyone around me because I literally can't keep up. Then I'm standing there with my hammer in my hand trying to cast 3 second heals while being interrupted and debuffed and generally obliterated. Make it two+ warriors, or 4 and they just wreck everything in their path. Something has to give here.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

This reminds me of the threads from the old days that would reach 50+ pages.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    This reminds me of the threads from the old days that would reach 50+ pages.
    Now there's only 50 of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    Wait, did we just start crying about two mutually exclusive self buffs? I think we did.

I fully admit PB+BOEA is OP. I've died from every warrior running it.
    omg when i run Planar Blade & Blade of Elemental Affinity at the same time, im so OP.

I can destroy whole raids without going under 50% HP, and full heal from one attack.

EDIT: "NERF ME!!!"
    Last edited by batou079; 05-03-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Icd on rift walk. Alternatively add a deadzone to the rift walk range.

Reduce damage of rift storm. Keep current mechanic of it not being a channel so people still actually use it.

Increase fear bomb cd by thirty seconds. or split fearbomb into two. One offensive on longer cd. And a defensive fearbomb on a short cd. That forces warriors to not just continually push the front line and provides a means to throw healers a bone with a peel.

thats just my opinion
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Is this in the wrong forum..Seems to be a bash warrior thread not a general discussion. Same as every patch. The nerf warrior thread is it obligatory ? Every patch ?

HEY puzzlebox!! where you been hiding? i thought u quit?

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post
    HEY puzzlebox!! where you been hiding? i thought u quit?
    I resubbed when I heard.warriors were op hahaha
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidX View Post
    Is this in the wrong forum..Seems to be a bash warrior thread not a general discussion. Same as every patch. The nerf warrior thread is it obligatory ? Every patch ?
    Reminds me of the nerf cleric threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Lealora View Post
    Reminds me of the nerf cleric threads.

If they nerf my R39 RS/Ch/Pally Warrior, ill just play my RB/NS or 51sin or MM/sin r40 Rog, If they Nerf him, I'll play my r39 Pyro or Dom or Clorolock, if they nerf them I will go back to my r35 cleric and find another spec other than 51 warden, or maybe he will be ok given the nerfage to everyone else.
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast