+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Paranoia?

Default PvP Paranoia?

For starters, I don't tend to pvp much, but I figure since I'd tried warfronts in rifts before and found it enjoyable, I could at least maybe score a level 30 mount and save some Platinum. One afternoon, a friend and I hit the warfronts at lvl 19. We'd geared up as best we could just on planarite purchases and crafting/quests and we did allright. Wins were Guardian heavy, but the matches were always close and the winning team seemed to always be the one with the fewest low levels on it. During the evening of that same day something changed... a LOT. We kept going up against opposing teams, sometimes as mercs, sometimes not, made up mostly of higher levels from 2 particular servers and our team was ALWAYS madeup of at least half and often more players from the same 2 servers who were all level 10 or 11 and wearing costume pieces for armor and few even carried weapons. Naturally, the small number of us not from those servers, most of which at least lvl 15 and adequately geared for that level were steam-rolled 1 by 1 by the entire opposing team while the lvl 11's and 10's on ours fairly ran around in circles. Could this be a clear case of "Rigging" warfronts? Has anyone else seen this? Am I paranoid? And if not, what is going to be done to solve it? I don't expect to win all the time but it would seem we should go in expecting at least a chance to win instead of doling out free favor to a very small group of people blatantly exploiting the system.
    Last edited by Vendevorex; 04-27-2012 at 10:21 PM.

Plane Walker

Wow this is hard to read and even harder to understand. I applaud!

Quote Originally Posted by Vendevorex View Post
    For starters, I don't tend to pvp much, but I figure since I'd tried warfronts in rifts before and found it enjoyable, I could at least maybe score a level 30 mount and save some Platinum. One afternoon, a friend and I hit the warfronts at lvl 19. We'd geared up as best we could just on planarite purchases and crafting/quests and we did allright. Wins were Guardian heavy, but the matches were always close and the winning team seemed to always be the one with the fewest low levels on it. During the evening of that same day something changed... a LOT. We kept going up against opposing teams, sometimes as mercs, sometimes not, made up mostly of higher levels from 2 particular servers and our team was ALWAYS madeup of at least half and often more players from the same 2 servers who were all level 10 or 11 and wearing costume pieces for armor and few even carried weapons. Naturally, the small number of us not from those servers, most of which at least lvl 15 and adequately geared for that level were steam-rolled 1 by 1 by the entire opposing team while the lvl 11's and 10's on ours fairly ran around in circles. Could this be a clear case of "Rigging" warfronts? Has anyone else seen this? Am I paranoid? And if not, what is going to be done to solve it? I don't expect to win all the time but it would seem we should go in expecting at least a chance to win instead of doling out free favor to a very small group of people blatantly exploiting the system.

Are you paranoid? That's difficult to tell, but from the rambling and almost incoherent way you write I don't think we can rule it out.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Grimt View Post
    Are you paranoid? That's difficult to tell, but from the rambling and almost incoherent way you write I don't think we can rule it out.
    You need to learn to read better, I didn't find his post rambling, paranoid maybe.

Unlike the OP I play a lot of warfronts, usually the losing side, lately. I have noticed, on my server at least, that there are many more defiant queing for warfront than guardian. I can play a whole night and maybe once be merced to the difiant side (yes I am a guardian), however I notice that usually half my side is made of mercenary defiant. The warfront starts and within seconds several people leave my side and instead of 10 players we started with we are down to 6. We are steamrolled, and we never catch up. By the end of the game with players poping in and out of our side, most of them not even contributing, we are back up to 10. Also by then the game is usually 50:500.

Now maybe I am paranoid, but it doesn't make logical sense to believe that one side is inately superior to the other and that is why they always win, something else is going on. Or maybe guardians on my server just suck at PvP because they are guardians. Or maybe it is me, and only the team I am on looses, because "they" don't want me to win!

Rift Disciple

Premades....oh not 10-15 ppl premades but several 3-6 man premades on comms. Usually twinked out too. Premades will always get qued together, even merc'd but seems to have a priority for que'ing on their side. 3 ppl effectively communicating and calling assist will have a dramatic impact on the game. There's more Defiant than Guardian...especially at night so as a single Guardian you are more likely to be on the team with a significant communication liability. Watch how people play and move and you will be able to determine which toons are playing and que'ing together. This is one aspect of the game that I wish they could fix.....but thats not gonna happen. Us Guardians will just have to play better

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Daskrieg View Post
    Premades....oh not 10-15 ppl premades but several 3-6 man premades on comms. Usually twinked out too. Premades will always get qued together, even merc'd but seems to have a priority for que'ing on their side. 3 ppl effectively communicating and calling assist will have a dramatic impact on the game. There's more Defiant than Guardian...especially at night so as a single Guardian you are more likely to be on the team with a significant communication liability. Watch how people play and move and you will be able to determine which toons are playing and que'ing together. This is one aspect of the game that I wish they could fix.....but thats not gonna happen. Us Guardians will just have to play better
    You are absolutely right. I do notice that one on one I do well, but late at night, It seems I am fighting teams of 2 or 3 and don't have a snowballs chance... I'm going to have to get some friends, wait I don't have any friends, I spend all my time playing this game....damn.

+ Reply to Thread