+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Where is Pvp headed?

Quote Originally Posted by Louiscipher View Post
    I like the game but I'm bored with it. Pvp and the constant class changes are confusing and somewhat scary. One day you're good the next update your nerfed. Every class has gone through it.

Many of my friends on seastone server seem to be leaving. I know some other games are coming out that might be good so I guess I will try them too.

The biggest complaint I hear from players is the game is boring and pvp is sad, and too many nerfs with every update. One update your good and the next your nerfed again. All that being said I like the game and want to stay but I'm afraid the game might be falling apart and only the die hards will remain.

Am I the only one feeling like this in the forums?
    Didn't you hear? The fanboys said the game is fine. Shut up and pay. I mean play.

Telaran

I like the game but I'm bored with it. Pvp and the constant class changes are confusing and somewhat scary. One day you're good the next update your nerfed. Every class has gone through it.

Many of my friends on seastone server seem to be leaving. I know some other games are coming out that might be good so I guess I will try them too.

The biggest complaint I hear from players is the game is boring and pvp is sad, and too many nerfs with every update. One update your good and the next your nerfed again. All that being said I like the game and want to stay but I'm afraid the game might be falling apart and only the die hards will remain.

no u are not alone not at all this is scary for ppl who like the game and dont want it to die in fact one of my guild mates playing GW2 beta and every one in the guild include leaders were asking about it and they said they will try out GW2(WvW pvp) ,yes too late for PVp content when 3 new and well known mmos are coming in next 3 month 2 out of which have no subscription fee at all why pvp players in particular should pay sub fee for nothing at all and wait for pvp content that might come and when it comes how good or bad it is going to be with nerfs and all, simply save ur money and enjoy the upcoming games bye bye rift.

Quote Originally Posted by psionicalpha View Post
    is pretty terrible.
    if you like pve.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by LockedOn666 View Post
    if you like pve.
    Even the PvE is more enjoyable than Rift.....

Champion

Where is Pvp headed?
    Well, I suspect that since Trion flushed PvP down the toilet, it's headed to the waste treatment facility.

Right down the toilet where it belongs. There is no saving this game as far as pvpers are concerned. Players just get what they can out of it while the ship is still sinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Right down the toilet where it belongs. There is no saving this game as far as pvpers are concerned. Players just get what they can out of it while the ship is still sinking.
    agreed

Trion really messed this aspect of the game up.

Case in point - the leaderboard. I just cannot comprehend how Trion thought that it would be suitable for pvp when it clearly it isnt.

They are so out of touch with the pvp playerbase its unbelievable.

what do we get? Fishing? YAY!

Wake the **** up for **** sake !!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Didn't you hear? The fanboys said the game is fine. Shut up and pay. I mean play.
    Yeah, make a logical post about introducing new pvp content, gear, or balance and all of the morons on here will just say its fine, L2p, etc. What a joke.

Might as well disable pvp since it sucks in this game, just like Blizzard is going to do with Diablo 3 since they are also clueless.

Guild wars 2 has a lot of pvp issues and fixes/new stuff they should add to their game (I played it this past weekend), which is still in beta.... but it already has 20 times the pvp content and balance this game does.

Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedOn666 View Post
    guildwars 2
    With such a suggestive question, no one should be surprised. In all honesty though, Trion hasn't done much to try and retain them, which is shame because this could be a great PVP game with a little more resources.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    With such a suggestive question, no one should be surprised. In all honesty though, Trion hasn't done much to try and retain them, which is shame because this could be a great PVP game with a little more resources.
    The biggest problem is giant leaps instead of baby steps when they try to balance it.
    They have all the raw data they need, they shouldnt have to rely on what ppl might or might not say on test server.

People gets frustrated with the constant changes to all classes, OP, nerfed OP nerfed again.
    I understand it complex to even try to balance things with all the souls involved, gear, buffs etc but thats why they should do minor things and see how it turns out instead of those giant leaps.

I like the pvp, i have a little over 9 million favor, but the way this is going im not gonna get 9 million more.
    Last edited by z4oslo; 04-30-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    Can I have your mana?

If arena net stabilizes their overcrowded servers before their betas end, then Guild Wars 2 is the place to be, for both instanced and open world pvp.

The 1st week of leaderboards, I figured I'd see how far I could get with stats. #1 total damage #1 total control (codex), #1 rating, #2 killing streak (damn you Veeru!). Full time job, played less than everyone else in #1-10 in each of the 4 brackets.

Do you know what song I kept thinking about, every time I thought about my account in RIFT? The song I kept coming back to, every time I joined another warfront? This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7614mSu4hbk

I'm a walking ghost, an "evil spirit" of sorts, that does not (and has not, for over 7 months) belong in this game's pathetic leftover community. An evil spirit that lingers, hoping to hurt the dumb majority that has made so many of the pvp-ers I played with/against leave through their incessant whining to keep dumbing down the game. This is not how I should keep spending my time, as satisfying as it sometimes is.. It's good that Diablo 3 and Guild Wars are getting released so soon. And Firefall and Planetside 2 are also not far off.

P.S. Maybe I can finally pay for a game and not get conned. Maybe gw2, firefall or planetside 2 will finally offer me some solid persistent-world/competitive pvp, like PlanetSide/Guild Wars once did. Why do you ask I have paid? Why not. I have the money to "invest", maybe one day that "investment" will again yield good results.
    Last edited by Slic; 04-30-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Rift Disciple

I'm a huge PvP fan, I can honestly say of all the MMO's I've played the PvP aspect has always been my primary draw.

Where is Rifts PvP heading? Honest answer? To Sony Online Entertainment.

I actually found a thread about this on another site, it provided the 'AHA!' reasons why Rift is in such bad shape.

The short of it is that Rift wasn't designed to be sustainable, it was designed to make a few waves at launch then be folded into SOE's ever growing roster of games.

Who seriously uses Twinking as a last ditch effort to save PvP queues? Someone that has little interest in the longevity of the product their working on. It's that simple.
    Last edited by Hugatree; 05-01-2012 at 04:34 PM.

I don't think Trion ever expected Rift to be a big name, big profit title. The game has gotten a lot of attention though - the kind of attention that big name titles do get, and that has created a lot of expectations about the game's potential and its longevity.

I'm the last person you'll see complimenting Rift's PvP, but I see it like this: As long as Rift has enough subscribers that profit is involved, Trion will continue to support and grow the game to the best of their ability. What that will mean for future patches I'm not really sure, but personally, I don't need 20 high pop servers to keep me happy.

I just need a few to reassure me that I'm not the only one still playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugatree View Post
    I'm a huge PvP fan, I can honestly say of all the MMO's I've played the PvP aspect has always been my primary draw.

Where is Rifts PvP heading? Honest answer? To Sony Online Entertainment.

I actually found a thread about this on another site, it provided the 'AHA!' reasons why Rift is in such bad shape.

The short of it is that Rift wasn't designed to be sustainable, it was designed to make a few waves at launch then be folded into SOE's ever growing roster of games.

Who seriously uses Twinking as a last ditch effort to save PvP queues? Someone that has little interest in the longevity of the product their working on. It's that simple.
    Thing is lvl locking was, and still is, a hug boost for EQ2's battlegrounds, but I gotta admit they did it better.

The word Sony makes me cringe.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Soulwalker

i played gw2 this beta weekend it rocks the socks off of this game for both the pvp and pve!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast