+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: why do we heal in warfronts?

Default why do we heal in warfronts?

if you insist on making specs that can destroy any healer 1v1 then there is no point on playing a healer in warfronts.

if we cant survive ourselves may was well go dps.

even in an ideal totally team based match where there is a lot of synergy and team play there is no point in playing a healer when there are several specs out there (especially warrior) that can just shut them down and kill them.

Ive played a lot of MMOs with PVP ive never seen healers this vulnerable

if you need to nerf heals to please your bad players, you should do it smartly and leave healers with som survivability if you wish yo maintain the health of your warfronts.

So your team doesn't die?

As bad as it is, Trion's stated they're aware of the problem and you'll be getting a collective buff within the next two hotfixes.

Just chill a little bit, lol...
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    So your team doesn't die?

As bad as it is, Trion's stated they're aware of the problem and you'll be getting a collective buff within the next two hotfixes.

Just chill a little bit, lol...
    Lol, you call this upcoming hotfix a buff? It will change nothing because the issue is not with the clerics healing power....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

Soulwalker

For me personally there's two main reasons why I'm healing. First would be the fact that I like healing in general (although not it's current state in Rift that much). Second is because I want to win and me healing gives my team a way higher chance to succeed than being just another DPS.

You have survivability, you just have to branch into a non-healing specs to get it.

Clerics have several trees that decrease damage taken and increase endurance and armor. We have 2 planar attunement trees that offer increased endurance. Will these make you heal better? No - but you can't heal when you're dead.

Adapt.

Rift Chaser

Reasons:

1) Its fun.

2) My team wins more when I do.

I used to heal in warfronts, then I took an arrow in the knee....

(er... I'm about six months behind on memes)

I've switched to Senticar for good. But mostly I only play the cleric once a day if at all. However, I still switch to a support build (Bard) when we have no heals because I like winning. A bard plus chloro or bard plus greater faerie do a reasonably good job.

One thing I like about the warden nerf is that it spreads the healing burden around.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post

Ive played a lot of MMOs with PVP ive never seen healers this vulnerable
    I agree. There's literally a handful of you with the ****ing competence to be any good at it.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 04-27-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    I agree. There's literally a handful of you with the ****ing competence to be any good at it.
    umm pretty sure this goes for all calling... some of them are just much easier to play than others

Quote Originally Posted by Fates View Post
    umm pretty sure this goes for all calling... some of them are just much easier to play than others
    Didn't say otherwise.

All I know is I've been in plenty of games that still have chain healing clerics/chloros that are good enough to withstand focus long enough to either have their team kill our dps, pull ahead in resources, our distract from others.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Didn't say otherwise.

All I know is I've been in plenty of games that still have chain healing clerics/chloros that are good enough to withstand focus long enough to either have their team kill our dps, pull ahead in resources, our distract from others.
    All I am saying is if you are going to cater to the terrible warriors, rogues, and mages, making their class easy enough for a special needs child to play then you need to cater to the terrible clerics also. Since Trion is made it clear it is going to balance around pug unorganized pvp then each calling should be just as easy to play as every other one. That IMO is how Trion envisions balance. At this rate it is only a matter of time before clerics can hit 2 buttons an own everything like every other calling.

The poster of this thread does give us a food for thought on how healing in this game has become such a sensitive topic. Healing clerics cannot 1vs1 anymore, and imagine being the only healer in the group and being massively attacked by the opposing team. Now that the healing has been decreased, it becomes a challenge to keep yourself and your team healed with the massive onslaught of DPS. LOL I mean they see Covergirl and it's like my head is flashing the number 1 sign with glitter and I'm dead LOL.

A collective buff? Well I am curious to know what those buffs are. Well to answer efitall, I used to have a Jurwarden spec which was a great back up healer and offered great defense but will all the past healing nerfs, and with the current warden heal reduction, it does not impact the heals in comparison with the high DPS. So trying to adapt with that because frustrating because some are not impacting the heals as they did before, and when that happens, they either go full healer mode or DPS mode.

As a cleric now you either have to be FULL DPS or FULL HEALER. That's how we ADAPT!
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 04-27-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

You heal......to heal...the anti dps
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by efitall View Post
    You have survivability, you just have to branch into a non-healing specs to get it.

Clerics have several trees that decrease damage taken and increase endurance and armor. We have 2 planar attunement trees that offer increased endurance. Will these make you heal better? No - but you can't heal when you're dead.

Adapt.

Because having to put 20+ points into a tanking tree that not only gives us the best heal in the game, but also is the only chance in hell we have of not dying within 3 seconds makes total sense right?

Rift Disciple

Why do we dps in warfronts? Why can't we all just get along?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast