+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The problem with Warrior damage

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    The number one issue is planar blade. Full stop. Any decent player knows this. Deep down, Spaceboots knows it. The gap opener/closer dance that is supposed to justify warrior dps is completely dysfunctional at present because the combination of auto-attacks, off gcd attacks, and aoe attacks hitting 2x/second, all with 40-45% crit rate, guarantees that riftblade warriors will have a teleport ready and waiting at all times.

Yes, melee classes need to close the gap initially in order to function. That's why every single warrior has access to a gap closer through pa and every single melee rogue has access to stealth. But warriors don't need a teleport every 3-4 seconds, and my team shouldn't need a dedicated marksman focus erradicating him all game long just to potentially stop him from riding me with 100% dps uptime.
    Yes, planar blade is an issue for those range classes that want warriors to be a free kill. Full stop.

Your 40-45% crit rate is nonsense, unless they are using PVE gear, in which case that makes them much easier to kill. My warrior is r40 with full valor gear. Has about 1330ish valor and 28% crit. That is a far cry from your 40-45% and definitely no guarantee of crits and rift-walks every 3-4 seconds/on demand. Remember we have to actually hit something for that to happen. Any range just standing there and not trying to move is a failure on their part. Auto-attack being a threat?? Get real.

I assume you advocate the various rogue ports to be removed/nerfed as well? They typically have way more movement/survival tools from what i have seen. Not all mages are pushover either. Ran across a mage (cloro/lock?) that had more health than i do. Did he stand still? No, started moving and took long time and distance to take down.

Lets be clear, in order to do meaningful damage a warrior must; A) close the gap, and B) remain in melee range. Simply closing the gap is not sufficent. A deep champ is extremely subject to being slowed, stunned, and all those other kiting goodies.

Seriously, if you want planar to be nerfed so bad then propose some viable option so warriors have some kind of build that gives them a chance of not being constantly kited.

Quote Originally Posted by Stilly View Post
    Your 40-45% crit rate is nonsense,
    This is correct, I barely break 32% using a couple PvE essences and pure rogue accessories + dex runes.

Not to mention players get crit 5% less due to War PA.

This is counteracted by Elemental Flux giving 3-15% chance to proc on non-crit.

Telaran

Warriors are still a free kill, if you know how to kill them.

Unfortunatly the majority of players just want a free kill. And they grew accustomed to the sad state warriors were in pre-1.8, post-1.4 Hotfix 5.

It's telling something that the requests for nerfs always focus around the same abilities. Which are in effect since beta. Good players adapt to changes and play - bad players ignore changes and cry about their incompetence.

The only thing that needs to be toned down is Riftstorm. But not every PvP Riftblade Warrior uses it.

And most of the time that Warrior which ported just in your face and swings his great Axe... Didn't kill you after all. Movement and positionig is the key to RIFT PvP.

As a simple guideline for 1.8:

Don't try to tank a Warrior. If you don't know what the **** you're doing at all.
    Indy - Underdogs - P8 - Warrior - Brutmutter[PvE - EU]

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    all with 40-45% crit rate, guarantees that riftblade warriors will have a teleport ready and waiting at all times.
    Yes, melee classes need to close the gap initially in order to function.
    29.27%crit on my fully geared pvp r40 warrior with a Kraken Spine.

So much misinformation in the is thread it blows me away
    -Skavok - MaleViolence -

Honestly, I really don't care about warriors in pvp. I enjoy it actually. They are now dangerous and i enjoy having to fight for my life again.

If i die to a warrior in pvp, it's because i was playing stupid and didn't reaction property or kite. I don't make imbalance issues for it though.

Just another bad player whining that he can't use his "lol warrior dps" macro anymore.

Good ranged players still take me down fairly easily because they protect their 30M range. I leap at them to try and close the gap, they jump away, or squirrel, or stun me while I'm mid-air. You know what happens when you CC a warrior whos charging/jumping? They end up at the spot that they started from because we didn't reach our destination - so we're still >20M away with no way to get to you now but try and run at you.

If you're bad enough to let me get to you in the first place then you deserve to die. You had a significant advantage over me to begin with and its nothing but your own fault that you didn't maintain that advantage.
    Infy <Transience> of Threesprings
    I PVP with 1 button.
    Potato.

Quote Originally Posted by psionicalpha View Post
    Just another bad player whining that he can't use his "lol warrior dps" macro anymore.

Good ranged players still take me down fairly easily because they protect their 30M range. I leap at them to try and close the gap, they jump away, or squirrel, or stun me while I'm mid-air. You know what happens when you CC a warrior whos charging/jumping? They end up at the spot that they started from because we didn't reach our destination - so we're still >20M away with no way to get to you now but try and run at you.

If you're bad enough to let me get to you in the first place then you deserve to die. You had a significant advantage over me to begin with and its nothing but your own fault that you didn't maintain that advantage.
    I completely agree with you and the post above you. It's fun having every class be a threat again.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Ascendant

The damage from Rift Blade is no higher then every other class in the game. Even rift storm is centered around melee. The problem is Trion has nerfed the warrior class several times in the brief history of game to where if a warrior did get in range of classes the damage is so low it did not matter. Have a warrior with planar blade is no different then a Mage or rogues nuking at 30 meters. The damage is same but with more downtime and disconnects.

If they nerf the warrior class it does not makes you kids better nor make pvp more enjoyable. There is absolutely nothing overpowered about the warrior class in pvp. If Trion does listen to you bads then it will be a nail in the coffin.

Every class needs to be effective. You cannot need the warrior class at all and still have a good game. For once I hope Trion sides on a good game over appeasing a few whiners on the forums. We are all tired of hard counters and FOTM. If you honestly think Warriors are OP then you have no clue. Trion needs to start siding on having a quality game.
    Last edited by Majorin; 04-30-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by LeCorbeau View Post
    Warriors are still a free kill, if you know how to kill them.[/I]
    Don't mind if I ignore anything that comes from a warrior trying to protect his baby.

Granted, a very good MM may solo kill a warrior, but they are the exception and not the rule.

Thank God Trion doesn't balance around the exceptions ... oh wait, THEY DO!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Costs View Post
    Don't mind if I ignore anything that comes from a warrior trying to protect his baby.

Granted, a very good MM may solo kill a warrior, but they are the exception and not the rule.

Thank God Trion doesn't balance around the exceptions ... oh wait, THEY DO!
    No. Actually they should balance around good players who use all there abilities. Setting the benchmark for balance at a MM that does not move, does not use CC, does not wear pvp gear, does not kite, and just hits fan out is bad policy. Does this happen? Yes.

I did a warfront with a MM who would just stand in one place when my warrior attacked them. They wore pve gear by there own omission and got destroyed by myself and Mage who was assisting me. All the guy could do was shout how warriors were overpowered yet he did not do anything to counter me. Nor dud he check his combat log to realize the Mage fireball was owning him. This kind ot garbage happens every warfront.

If I run into a good MM I promise you I will be running the other way. Towards my team with healers because if they are good I have no chance against them. This is the crux of the issue. To balance around the first guy or the second.

The answer is obvious.

If they convert Rift Storm to a channeled ability, they need to increase its damage by 1.75 - 2.0 times. Cornered Beast and Flurry both do about 2x as much damage as Rift Storm BECAUSE they are channeled and not AOE DOTs. Granted, they are both physical instead of elemental, and require higher soul point investment. But if Rift Storm is changed, they need to compensate it.

Also, FYI, you can purge Rift Storm. It generally requires a MM spamming eradicate on the warrior, to make sure there are no other buffs shielding it when the warrior activates it. But There have been times I activated it and it was purged after a single tick of damage.
    Cayleb - P50 Warrior [@Seastone]
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Ascendant

One more thing. The guy screaming for nerfs in the example above is the same guy who is posting to nerf warriors on these forums. Not all the time but I promise you the majority.

How do I know. Because the kid who sucked said he was posting on the forums. See my post above if confused.
    Last edited by Majorin; 04-30-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    No. Actually they should balance around good players who use all there abilities. Setting the benchmark for balance at a MM that does not move, does not use CC, does not wear pvp gear, does not kite, and just hits fan out is bad policy. Does this happen? Yes.

I did a warfront with a MM who would just stand in one place when my warrior attacked them. They wore pve gear by there own omission and got destroyed by myself and Mage who was assisting me. All the guy could do was shout how warriors were overpowered yet he did not do anything to counter me. Nor dud he check his combat log to realize the Mage fireball was owning him. This kind ot garbage happens every warfront.

If I run into a good MM I promise you I will be running the other way. Towards my team with healers because if they are good I have no chance against them. This is the crux of the issue. To balance around the first guy or the second.

The answer is obvious.
    LOL. I kinda agree with this.

I can kite a warrior with my MM. I simply enjoy it because I *might* get hit with a ranged ability every so often, but if I need an extra tout of space, I hit on teh double and widden the gap, throw down adhesive bomb and use swift shot and barbed arrow adnausm. I've pissed off so many warriors that they will usually come to kill me and leave the objective holder alone 90% of the time. THey just want to kill me. Some more kitting, some more adhesive bombs, and I send 2 more warriors back to spawn. And if I'm having a GREAT time of it, I'll play Peek-a-Boo with the trees, with an adhesvie bomb on the backside, go one way, plink them, go around behind them and plink some more, just to watch in utter fascination as they turn adn stride long ways back through the bomb.

Warriors are dumb.

Still need a nerf though

If the gap close, its root.stun, hit dead. ..

Sorry, they have way too many HP's for even an MM build to plink down, they shouldn't be killing ANYONE in 1-2 hits if they close. If they wanna mash it up like that that badly, then sacrifice your HPs for teh high damage. The fact you guys can have over 3K at lower levels (and I assume MUCH higher at higher levels) and wade in to deal death blows in under 2 secs...and it takes any seriousl DPS brutal coordination to FF you down, or one MM to kite your butt over oblivion to kill you is ridiculous.

I'm fine if you want your damage. Give us some of your HPs. Or, keep your HPs, and give up some of that damage. Can you imagine the outcry if mages had 8k HPs and were melting people's faces off?

Champion of Telara

If Riftwalk didn't break warriors out of stuns, then everyone would have nothing to complain about. They would be harder to kite because of the snare/root immunity with ranged attacks and constant gap closers, but they could be stunned to get some breathing room. The fact that you cannot break away from a warrior short of fearing them and praying their break free is on CD is the problem.

Warriors whine about not being able to stay in melee range to deal damage, but having a R30 Warrior myself who PvPs as a Riftblade, I can guaranty you that is not the case. You can easily keep yourself in melee range of anything short of a teleporting RS and a few MMs.

If my warrior was vulnerable to any crowd controls, everything would be fine, but right now I'm not vulnerable to CCs. I break all roots/snares instantly, break all stuns with riftwalk, and break all fears with break free. I guess squirrel is the only exception to this rule, and the one counter to the Warrior CC immunity dilemma.

RS rogues are in the same category. Why should all these teleport abilities break every damn CC in the game? It makes even having CCs completely pointless in PvP.

I am not opposed to classes having teleports that break CCs, but I am opposed to durable hard to kill builds (i.e. RS and RB) having virtual immunity to all forms of CC.

Champion DPS makes 100% sense. You can kite them, you can CC them, they have very few gap closers. They destroy in melee, and that's totally fine. Paragon DPS is fine too, but somewhat less viable in PvP. It's when you combine the durability with a partial ranged DPS soul with CC immunity and infinite gap closers that you create an imbalance.

Complain all you want about Pyros and mage DPS + immunities. They can be silenced, interrupted, and their CC break teleports have actual cooldowns. PLUS -- they're pretty damn squishy.
    Last edited by Patchkid; 04-30-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by psionicalpha View Post

I loll'ed

You play on a hidden arena or something? cause in most warfronts i play in have plenty of players. Plenty of players means you cant keep track of every player all the time. Its not that hard for a warrior to get to you when you are busy fighing others.
    Can I have your mana?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast