+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Dear Trion Gear Coders, I slap you in the face and throw my gauntlet on the floor

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Default Dear Trion Gear Coders, I slap you in the face and throw my gauntlet on the floor

You Sirs and Madams have been challenged!

I want to be able to swap to my pvp gear FROM my pve gear while in pvp combat.

Do you accept or yield?
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Plane Touched

You want to run into battle in max damage PVE gear, throw out some attacks with crazy damage, and then quickly swap to your PVP gear so you don't near insta face plant when people start attacking you back?

I'm betting this will be at the top of the list of things Trion wants to include in the next patch.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ploter View Post
    You want to run into battle in max damage PVE gear, throw out some attacks with crazy damage, and then quickly swap to your PVP gear so you don't near insta face plant when people start attacking you back?

I'm betting this will be at the top of the list of things Trion wants to include in the next patch.
    honostly they ruin everything they glance at and pve is more important to them so i wouldnt doubt that this will be in some future patch given this game doesnt die before that.

LOL WARRIOR DPS
    LOL CLERIC HEALS

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by pocketemu View Post
    honostly they ruin everything they glance at and pve is more important to them so i wouldnt doubt that this will be in some future patch given this game doesnt die before that.
    this game is already dying! a few months ago they were giving the game away for free for a few weeks! i even seen it at target on sale for $9.00 lol what is that telling you, noone is buying it ata ll, plus this rift lite garbage i lol @ that! idiots just a bunch of lv 19s doing nothing but warfronts and playing for free forever....

Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    this game is already dying! a few months ago they were giving the game away for free for a few weeks! i even seen it at target on sale for $9.00 lol what is that telling you, noone is buying it ata ll, plus this rift lite garbage i lol @ that! idiots just a bunch of lv 19s doing nothing but warfronts and playing for free forever....
    I'm pretty sure I've seen it go down to 5. o.0

But I don't think you can judge like that bro - the real money comes from the subscriptions.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've seen it go down to 5. o.0

But I don't think you can judge like that bro - the real money comes from the subscriptions.
    True enought, but Rift is going to take another big hit this Saturday, another big hit on the 15th of next month, and then another big hit around the end of next month.

I still think Rift is a good game, has lots of great componenents to it, but they failed miserably time and time and time and time and time again with thier PVP updates. They really should focus on PVE, because they are clueless on the PVP side (IMO).

P.S. They did get something right when they added Library and escallations....too bad they couldn't take that further and figure out how not to over nerf or over buff the crap out of stuff.
    Last edited by Ploter; 04-26-2012 at 06:03 PM.

True enought, but Rift is going to take another big hit this Saturday, another big hit on the 15th of next month, and then another big hit around the end of next month.

I still think Rift is a good game, has lots of great componenents to it, but they failed miserably time and time and time and time and time again with thier PVP updates. They really should focus on PVE, because they are clueless on the PVP side (IMO).

P.S. They did get something right when they added Library and escallations....too bad they couldn't take that further and figure out how not to over nerf or over buff the crap out of stuff.
    I agree with you.

On a side note, a *certain* eagerly anticipated game that's coming out has been sold out..glad we preordered it!

You can't level lock with Rift Lite... just saying.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Sword of Telara

yeah for the time being but these next few months are going to be crucial to their big hits they will be getting. 2 games that people have been waiting for a long time to play, guild wars 2 and diablo 3, both which will be free to play! how much money you think they are gonna loose in subscription costs then? especially with all the pissed off people over the pvp thing goin on right now, if it gets any worse they will lose huge profits.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    You can't level lock with Rift Lite... just saying.
    i never knew that but it doesnt matter anyways

Plane Touched

yeah for the time being but these next few months are going to be crucial to their big hits they will be getting. 2 games that people have been waiting for a long time to play, guild wars 2 and diablo 3, both which will be free to play! how much money you think they are gonna loose in subscription costs then? especially with all the pissed off people over the pvp thing goin on right now, if it gets any worse they will lose huge profits.
    Can't tell if your agreeing or debating. I'm going to pick a number at random....42.

Originally Posted by Ploter

True enought, but Rift is going to take another big hit this Saturday (Tera), another big hit on the 15th of next month (Diablo 3), and then another big hit around the end of next month (GW2).

i dont think it can handle 3 hits,so it will die from the first/second ,moar gears!!

Some things to consider regarding potential upcoming competition for Rift:

Tera - lot of talk about this one
    1) must target to hit - think Age of Conan if you played that. If not, your abilities only hit if you use a crosshair to target someone (if you think that sounds easy, go watch some of the PVP vids on youtube...it looked downright miserable to me).
    2) it's asian - this is NOT a racist statement so bear with me. A lot of asian MMOs follow a very particular line for their graphics (if underaged girls, pandas, feminine looking male avatars, and "top heavy" females are your "thing" the looks of this game might appeal to you)
    3) it is another MMORPG - if you're bored with Rift chances are trying to replace an MMORPG with another MMORPG is just not going to work out too well

GW2 - lots of talk about this one as well
    1) Go watch the vidoes on youtube first. My impression from watching about 2-3 hours of random 5v5s was PVE objectives > PVP fighting. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I got from the videos. I'm sure I'll hear more from friends doing the Beta.
    2) If you like playing healer, tank, or support you're out of luck. In GW2 those don't exist. Everyone has the tools to play solo. True this makes things easier to balance, but I imagine it takes quite a bit of diversity out of a game. A lot of my friends from here have already pre-ordered GW2 and signed up for the Beta event. A lot of them are healers and tanks. I find myself wondering how a game that doesn't offer you the style you like to play is going to keep you hooked for long.
    3) There does exist cross class "synergy." Mage type drops fire on ground. Ranged type shoots through fire, and the ranged attack is now flaming. Stuff like that.

Are these games gonna be "better" than Rift? Hard to say. Is Rift's current state such that a lot of my friends are welcoming the idea of giving these games a try and dropping their subs to Rift? Sadly, yes. Very few, if any, of the people I used to run with are around anymore. Actually, I don't think a single person I used to run with is around anymore.

I'm hoping that Trion can get their act together and start inspiring some confidence in the PVP community. In all honesty I don't see Tera panning out too well due to the FPS type of combat. As for GW2 I think they're going to run into problems with no "healers" or "tanks." There are actually people out there who ONLY like to heal/tank/support in PVP. GW2 doesn't really offer that...
    But at least we can get married now!
    I'll be fishing in Codex...
    Nobodi - R8 Mage Defiant Deepwood
    Somebodi - 19 Rogue Guardian Deepwood (twink wannabe)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cime View Post
    Some things to consider regarding potential upcoming competition for Rift:

Tera - lot of talk about this one
    1) must target to hit - think Age of Conan if you played that. If not, your abilities only hit if you use a crosshair to target someone (if you think that sounds easy, go watch some of the PVP vids on youtube...it looked downright miserable to me).
    2) it's asian - this is NOT a racist statement so bear with me. A lot of asian MMOs follow a very particular line for their graphics (if underaged girls, pandas, feminine looking male avatars, and "top heavy" females are your "thing" the looks of this game might appeal to you)
    3) it is another MMORPG - if you're bored with Rift chances are trying to replace an MMORPG with another MMORPG is just not going to work out too well

GW2 - lots of talk about this one as well
    1) Go watch the vidoes on youtube first. My impression from watching about 2-3 hours of random 5v5s was PVE objectives > PVP fighting. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I got from the videos. I'm sure I'll hear more from friends doing the Beta.
    2) If you like playing healer, tank, or support you're out of luck. In GW2 those don't exist. Everyone has the tools to play solo. True this makes things easier to balance, but I imagine it takes quite a bit of diversity out of a game. A lot of my friends from here have already pre-ordered GW2 and signed up for the Beta event. A lot of them are healers and tanks. I find myself wondering how a game that doesn't offer you the style you like to play is going to keep you hooked for long.
    3) There does exist cross class "synergy." Mage type drops fire on ground. Ranged type shoots through fire, and the ranged attack is now flaming. Stuff like that.

Are these games gonna be "better" than Rift? Hard to say. Is Rift's current state such that a lot of my friends are welcoming the idea of giving these games a try and dropping their subs to Rift? Sadly, yes. Very few, if any, of the people I used to run with are around anymore. Actually, I don't think a single person I used to run with is around anymore.

I'm hoping that Trion can get their act together and start inspiring some confidence in the PVP community. In all honesty I don't see Tera panning out too well due to the FPS type of combat. As for GW2 I think they're going to run into problems with no "healers" or "tanks." There are actually people out there who ONLY like to heal/tank/support in PVP. GW2 doesn't really offer that...
    there are some ok support classes adn a few that can evidently heal...but yes this game is semi dead atm.
    coming from an fps i will be playing tera, for more competetive pvp gw2 seems like the place to be (also playing it).
    healers will have issues with not healing i have a friend that is absolutly pissed about it so far but everyone loves dps just ask the clerics, dont think it will be an issue with the population.
    d3 will also be another on my list to play

LOL WARRIOR DPS
    LOL CLERIC HEALS

It has been REAL and it has been FUN! But it has not been REALFUN! Sorry Rift got go in a couple months an;d leave this game for better action.
    inverted is good

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast