+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: I would rather wait 15 mins for a ranked match

Telaran

Default I would rather wait 15 mins for a ranked match

I would rather wait 15 mins for a ranked match then sit through another warfront with people running around in blue and green pve gear. Fix your match making system and give me the option to queue only ranked matches.

its impossible to fix anymore because most pvp'ers have left the game and theirs not enough players left to support the current rank system

I don't think separate and/or longer queue times are something Trion is going for in PvP, given their refusal to make mercenary opt-out.
    ~Quiescent

Ranked matches shouldn't be necessary to make the game fun. That's the problem.

If everyone in the queue were within 5-10% of eachother's gear level, every single match played would feel like a ranked match. Trion needs to learn from their mistakes and move on. Gear "Progression" has no place in a decent PvP environment.

A player with more time spent and more experience in PvP doesn't need a gear advantage on top of their knowledge/skill. All this does is alienate new players and make high-ranks bored, both of which cause the PvP community to hemorrhage.

Trion should just FLATTEN the gear curve in PvP. Antiquate all previous PvP gear, and introduce two new tiers with ~Raid1 equivelant stats and extremely high values of Vengeance and Valor. First tier is craftable, second tier is earned and is only slightly better than the first.

Do that and everyone's playing on the same level. The player pool grows hugely, new players and alts are welcomed, and the age of gear playing the game for you is over.

Idk

Quote Originally Posted by Azchire View Post

If everyone in the queue were within 5-10% of eachother's gear level, every single match played would feel like a ranked match. Trion needs to learn from their mistakes and move on. Gear "Progression" has no place in a decent PvP environment.

A player with more time spent and more experience in PvP doesn't need a gear advantage on top of their knowledge/skill. All this does is alienate new players and make high-ranks bored, both of which cause the PvP community to hemorrhage.

Trion should just FLATTEN the gear curve in PvP. Antiquate all previous PvP gear, and introduce two new tiers with ~Raid1 equivelant stats and extremely high values of Vengeance and Valor. First tier is craftable, second tier is earned and is only slightly better than the first.

Do that and everyone's playing on the same level. The player pool grows hugely, new players and alts are welcomed, and the age of gear playing the game for you is over.
    I like this. Its pointless to get insta-Q warfronts when the matches are so one-sided that its no longer fun..

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Azchire View Post

that is not going to help in every instance, i have played 5 vs 5 going against the same 5 people 4 or 5 matches in a row and some games they would barely even kill us and some we would barely even kill them. making pvp gear buyable and not earned is crap. by adding these new craftable weapons in this new update you will see what i mean soon enough! basically you either pve, have alot of platinum, or your screwed! only way for them to fix it is to up the effectiveness even more with valor and add hit to fix this pve gear pvp garbage!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by RuFo View Post
    I would rather wait 15 mins for a ranked match then sit through another warfront with people running around in blue and green pve gear. Fix your match making system and give me the option to queue only ranked matches.
    at the times these current ques are popping (difference based on server groups) they are taking 5-10mins anyway.

yes, some may want to wait a bit longer for a more challenging, yet evenly ranked WF across the board. but a lot more just don't care.

I jump in a daily WF, as long as i win, i dont care what they have
    Okooko <Synapse>
    Aerospace Engineer
    Yeah, I fly planes.

OR..when you enter a wf, everyone has the same gear applicable to their class. Now that would be a lot of fun

It would focus more on skill instead of gear.

I would just like to thank Trion for punishing teamwork, and encouraging terribads to get in there and suck every bit of fun out of a WF.

I watch mages in **** gear run into a fully geared group of the enemy... solo... then stand there and try to cast like they were facing a PvE mob.

I watch tanks run ahead and over extend, getting bashed in to leave their backend weak, without ever learning the word 'guard'.

Rogues are rogues and run off to do their own thing.

It's a slaughter, but not a slaughter in gear, it's a total slaughter in skill.

I just healed a mage across the entire map in a Whitefall, for him to actually stop (with the flag), right at the base of our hill at the entrance to our base, and try to take on the 2 or 3 rogues I had successfully healed him through for the entire run. <BOGGLE>

And then the little **** had the nerve to blame ME when he died. Seriously. The entire WF went straight south after that as it filled with other players of the same type of skill (read: none).

Every warfront is full of noobs and no gear since Trion has successfully punished any skill or competitive players right out of the game, and it has completely decimated any fun left that I was having.

There is no fixing that. None.
    Rift PvP from an undergeared player's perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4DKLqnyBAQ

@Edany- one thing that I've started doing that's been working pretty good (making wf more fun at least for me)..is I've been looking at the board and seeing who is top damage. I find that person and get on them like a tick on a dog and heal them.

If they notice when I'm under attack and peel, I always remember them, then the next time I see them in a wf, I jump into their pocket.

I get a big smile whenever I see Spaceboots, because I like healing him a lot...and we almost always win if he stays up. He always notices when the healers are being attacked. There's some other good players like that too that I really enjoy healing.

I've been ignoring the people who don't peel, over extend etc. It's been working out pretty good!

@Misun

What do you do when everyone you want to heal is gone? Or there IS no "top" dps to heal??

I do know what you mean though. I usually try to find a shred of skill, someone who might be worth a damn. The problem is that those players are damn near extinct.
    Rift PvP from an undergeared player's perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4DKLqnyBAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Edany View Post
    @Misun

What do you do when everyone you want to heal is gone? Or there IS no "top" dps to heal??

I do know what you mean though. I usually try to find a shred of skill, someone who might be worth a damn. The problem is that those players are damn near extinct.
    I hate those wf's lol. I die even more than I usually do.

You know it's going to be a bad one if the 4 or 5 top dps is on the opposing team. I just try to limp along then and do my best. *heal* take a dirt nap *heal* dirt nap, rinse and repeat.

As a representative of the low-skilled and badly geared crowd I'd like to add that it's equally frustrating to constantly be faced with rank 40 behemoths who will roflstomp me in two seconds while I, try as I may, won't be able to as much as tickle them.

I completely agree to Azchire's post. The gear progression curve is way too steep. By now I'm rank 20 myself and have the appropriate gear. Now I'm able to roflstomp newbies myself. Even though I still have no proper pvp spec, or litte more clue about what I'm doing. That's just not right. Neither is it fair to new players, nor does it any good to the long term motivation of veterans.

all I can say to this is amen. My alt would rather wait 30 mins than just get spanked, My main would rather wait 15 than have to play with or against people in green pve gear.

Hum.... I'd rather just get the daily done. Queue up my one WF and roflstomp the other side. I'd prefer not to wait.

If you're looking for a challenge then queue up as a group in a pre-made. It's a separate queue. Anyone worth their salt in pvp will be coordinated with other players anyways, solo queueing and pretending to be amazing at pvp is disingenuous. You'd get spanked hard against a group of coordinated pvpers.
    Last edited by Mayi; 04-27-2012 at 04:07 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast