+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Misun

Thread: Knockbacks

Plane Touched

Default Knockbacks

I have been playing inquisitor in PVP since the beginning. The generic 51inq 10 sent 5 ward role. What bothers me, is ever since the beginning I have had these two knockbacks - which I use quite frequently on rogues/warriors ect... They don't seem to help AT ALL.

By this I mean, pushback on a warrior, he throws "strikes" at you until he can close the gap and finish you off. Don't even get me start on rogues, who seem to have an endless supply of teleporting to targets location making Knockbacks a complete waste of a move.

My advice to Trion would be to take knockbacks out of the GCD. If you follow the leaderboards, or even watching WF's in matchs.. You can see warriors and rogues getting a serious amount of killing blows and doing serious amounts of damage. This is definately the time to be a warrior right now, and improving knockback for casting classes will help... A little..

On the other hand, knockbacks right now are helping tremendously in codex. I knock people off the ledges at codex completeing taking them out of the fight entirely. But that is the only WF it shines.

That's my rant for the day. Do you think trion could improve PVP in terms of knockback or the amounts of teleporting/charging is in PVP?
    20 Mill Lifetime favor and climbing, 270k lifetime kills and climbing.. Owning nubs is a full time job.

51 Inq can crit for over 4k on high valor targets. A split second is all you need.
    Even free cost too much now

I wish there wasn't any type of crowd control in this game. It would force people to work together as a team, focus fire down the same targets and I have a feeling people would peel off their healers more.

Too much CC ruins a game (imo). Some classes have a lot, some not enough. I think it would be a lot more fun if there wasn't any.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    I wish there wasn't any type of crowd control in this game. It would force people to work together as a team, focus fire down the same targets and I have a feeling people would peel off their healers more.

Too much CC ruins a game (imo). Some classes have a lot, some not enough. I think it would be a lot more fun if there wasn't any.
    I agree with this.

But in regards to knockback, at least, for me, is how effective it is at disorienting me for a time, not because I go: "Whoa a knockbakc, better run!" Its more or less because my camera goes all screwy.

That is what I do not like about Trion PvP. If I get squirrelled or feared, or knockedback, my camera angle goes horribly awry. I have it cent that it auto-recenters, but I end up facing the very wrong direction, while it seems to never affect anyone else like this.

Can anyone suggest a way to stop my camera from reangling on me?

Well welcome to 1.8

Yea this is how I feel also. With Sabs running around, the slows/stuns/silences are crazy now, it's getting pretty old and really annoying add that with the MM at 35m away spamming Fan-out with a silencer on his bow /rage.

+ Reply to Thread