+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Rift PvP from a new player perspective

Default Rift PvP from a new player perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Azchire View Post
    l2play scrub

Rift Disciple

Actually this is how PVP looks today with nerfed healers.

Quote Originally Posted by fitness View Post
    Healers have no problems keeping me up while i murder the other team
    -Skavok - MaleViolence -

Quote Originally Posted by fitness View Post
    So Warden is the only healing soul?
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Azchire View Post
    I love you. You made me LOL. This. Is. Win.
    Rift PvP from an undergeared player's perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4DKLqnyBAQ

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    So Warden is the only healing soul?
    buff chloro
    Ill be singing this song for my chloro til i get buffedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JwHA495iHU
    I Xbox Controller Turn, Keyboard turners cant see me son. I Hadouken my rotations.

General of Telara

Best state of PvP in Rift I have ever seen. Well done!

Rift Disciple

LMAO. This is probably the most accurate description of the misery a new player experiences in PvP.

It's ridiculous, and creates an atmosphere that is not even in the most remote fashion conducive to bringing new player into the fold.

I hate to say it, I really do...But given the way this is being 'handled' I think the roads are being put into place for Rift to become a SOE property. Wouldn,t be the first time an MMO was developed with the idea of it being pawned off on Sony.

I cannot for the life of me imagine why and Developer would establish such a hostile and overwhelming environment for new players.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hugatree View Post
    LMAO. This is probably the most accurate description of the misery a new player experiences in PvP.

It's ridiculous, and creates an atmosphere that is not even in the most remote fashion conducive to bringing new player into the fold.

I hate to say it, I really do...But given the way this is being 'handled' I think the roads are being put into place for Rift to become a SOE property. Wouldn,t be the first time an MMO was developed with the idea of it being pawned off on Sony.

I cannot for the life of me imagine why and Developer would establish such a hostile and overwhelming environment for new players.
    I've only been playing Rift since late January and just got into PvP this week. Twinking ruins the experience. Even at level 19 with greens and 1-2 pieces of dungeon blues I've got a 19 twink of my same class with 30% more health than me and crits for more than double me. A single twink crit cuts me down to 10% health. Huge fun factor there...

As sad as this is, it's true. Everytime I instagib someone with 4.5k health, I feel bad deep down because I know that person may just stop PvPing altogether and thus the community gets smaller and Trion cares less and less about PvP.

They really ought to work on bolstering.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by byebye327 View Post
    I've only been playing Rift since late January and just got into PvP this week. Twinking ruins the experience. Even at level 19 with greens and 1-2 pieces of dungeon blues I've got a 19 twink of my same class with 30% more health than me and crits for more than double me. A single twink crit cuts me down to 10% health. Huge fun factor there...
    LOL, then you should play WoW, where a Twink has 200% more HP than you, and can 1 hit you without a crit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ok867gzJmQ

^Is unfair Twinking.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    As sad as this is, it's true. Everytime I instagib someone with 4.5k health, I feel bad deep down because I know that person may just stop PvPing altogether and thus the community gets smaller and Trion cares less and less about PvP.

They really ought to work on bolstering.
    I believe the gap between a fresh 50 and a geared 50 is much worse than that of Twinks, and regular players in that bracket. Something should be done with 50's I think sub brackets are fine though, and people that play Rift are used to being spoiled.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    I believe the gap between a fresh 50 and a geared 50 is much worse than that of Twinks, and regular players in that bracket. Something should be done with 50's I think sub brackets are fine though, and people that play Rift are used to being spoiled.
    Having R40 and HK gear in the 50 bracket is basically twinking, honestly.

I do hope things like that get sorted out. The faster balancing, both class-wise and rank-wise, gets fixed, the faster we can get new content.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Having R40 and HK gear in the 50 bracket is basically twinking, honestly.

I do hope things like that get sorted out. The faster balancing, both class-wise and rank-wise, gets fixed, the faster we can get new content.
    Why I always say I'm a P40 Twink =P
    "You lost me at Balance"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast