+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: lvl 50 glyphs on BOA items between toons?

Shadowlander

Default lvl 50 glyphs on BOA items between toons?

I'm seeing more and more people putting level 50 tier 2 glyphs on BOA items and sending them to their level 19 twink to play and destroy everyone in WF's for 2 hours. Fix this please?

Flaring Glyph - Increases Spell Power by 120 for 2 hours
    Last edited by evilgrinners; 04-26-2012 at 06:45 AM.

skill

/10

Plane Walker

Wow, thanks for the tip!

Prophet of Telara

Cue all the "twinks play for competition, any thing a twink gets any normal character that level can get with hard work" posts.

Thanks for the information, I'll do this when I next feel like making a twink.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

These are honestly who the good players are - they constantly think out-side the box. That is how you really get places.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

What are the BOA weapons btw? Or is this just another sky is falling thread?

Why would you not send feedback in game for this? But yeah anyway, thanks for the tip.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Shadowlander

So basically, you have a level 19 running around with 262 SP on a staff. I did report this in-game and posted it here as well to bring attention to it because it's funny, but ridiculous. By all means, please use it so they can change the buff to level 50 items-only at some point.

Twinks already tick people off, so adding this to the mix only worsens the problem.

Rusty Saw
    Bound to account
    Staff
    Two-Handed
    Damage per Second: 9.7
    20-38 damage every 3.0 seconds
    Intelligence +16
    Wisdom +9
    Endurance +7
    Spell Power +142

Requires Level: 12
    Calling: Mage

Telaran

This is the EXACT reason why i wanted trion to remove/inspect option.
    Everyone copied off Qualm and Unitedstates~

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    These are honestly who the good players are - they constantly think out-side the box. That is how you really get places.

Shadowlander

I agree with having the ability to hide gear from spying eyes because it gives them an unfair advantage over their adversary (especially if they suck). With Merc'ing, it's WAY worse... inspecting should NOT be allowed by opposite factions at the very least. I know I'm semi-hijacking my own thread, but it does relate somewhat.

Hey, if you discover something new that gives you an advantage over others, I say more power to you. You should also have the ability to keep it to yourself, like the build you are running. You can't see players builds, so you shouldn't be able to see their gear either (if you so wish it). I've had people in PVP asking about my build and I'm general about it because I took the time to figure it out and don't really want to share it with others. The same should apply to the gear I have.
    Last edited by evilgrinners; 04-27-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by herbdoctor View Post
    Everyone understood in your post that you were trying to hide things that would get nerfed if a Dev knew about it.

Congrats, you can find shady ways to gain a huge advantage over new players. /golf clap

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by herbdoctor View Post
    People have been doing this since.... BoA gear! Not exactly a new unknown buff.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Everyone understood in your post that you were trying to hide things that would get nerfed if a Dev knew about it.

Congrats, you can find shady ways to gain a huge advantage over new players. /golf clap
    Nerfed if the devs knew about it? why? they are hard to get why should i be punished for that? I have sent multiple queries to GM's talking about it, even telling them what runes/items i was using and how it took me a long time to figure it out.

they knew about the items before they knew about the PvP source machine.. I had a PvP Source machine on my lvl 19 because i spent like 12 hours running around picking up crystals at pvp rifts.. How is that cheating? They nerfed that for whatever reason, but were kind enough to mail me my lesser essences out of it

Anyways, if they wanted to nerrf the runes etc. they would of by now, i've been talking to them for months about it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    People have been doing this since.... BoA gear! Not exactly a new unknown buff.
    ... Planar Attunement came out way after BoA gear. You fail.. People started doing this after /inspecting people and seeing lighting glyphs on their weapons in lower level warfronts. If the enemy couldn't inspect me, they wouldnt of known i was using BoA weapons which i can apply glyphs from my 50 on.
    Last edited by herbdoctor; 04-27-2012 at 09:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast