+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Warrior fine. Apologies

Default Warrior fine. Apologies

Oh, so I had this rage post about wars' dps being like the rent and therefore too damn high.
    I take it back. Wars are fine. Just a bad match led to my QQ. Sorries

HK gear should be removed from pvp though.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

I think people should be encouraged to wear lots of HK gear. It was awesome when I hit a healer once for 1033 x5 with RFS.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Master

They're really not. They do way more damage than any other calling with far and away the highest uptime and the best heal debuff. It's a joke.

The main thing keeping me here is/was premade pvp against other quality players in a variety of compositions. Warriors have completely ruined this.

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    They're really not. They do way more damage than any other calling with far and away the highest uptime and the best heal debuff. It's a joke.

The main thing keeping me here is/was premade pvp against other quality players in a variety of compositions. Warriors have completely ruined this.
    Rogues damage output in WF's can be just as good as warriors. KB'in, damaging, we can do it just as good and on par as them. Tbh it's more like they have a better chance to output rogue levels of threat. Guess it's owed though since the update that was suppose to make rogues 'as' threatening as a warrior, kind of made them far more.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-26-2012 at 09:06 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Rogues damage output in WF's can be just as good as warriors. KB'in, damaging, we can do it just as good and on par as them. Tbh it's more like they have a better chance to output rogue levels of threat. Guess it's owed though since the update that was suppose to make rogues 'as' threatening as a warrior, kind of made them far more.
    Haven't seen a rogue I feared more than a good warrior in a warfront yet. Before, or after 1.8. A rogue can be a bit gimicky... but a good warrior is like a wrecking ball.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

There are these select few warriors that dominate. There aren't very many so I assumed it must be HK synergy crystals, relic weapons, and good heals. What else could be? Not "skill" in a game like Rift.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    And The Littles

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post

True, the 1 melee only class definitely has the best uptime. Good point.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    There are these select few warriors that dominate. There aren't very many so I assumed it must be HK synergy crystals, relic weapons, and good heals. What else could be? Not "skill" in a game like Rift.
    There are some that are just plain better than others. Even the average warrior is generally more of a problem than 90% of the ****ty MM rogues I find though. Generally if I start getting low on health, I zip over to the MM lines to get some blood thirsty procs off the ***** that single target spam fanout at me while I stab their face.

And HK in pvp? Meh, why do you think I joined a raiding guild in the first place? HK weapons.. and fun crystal loadouts. There is a degree of strategy in that I'd say. I grind out raids I don't like doing every week so that I can continue to have better weapons and advantage in the warfront. It's a bit of pain for a payoff in the end, I call it even.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Sure, a warrior can do decent under the conditions you gave, but so can a dps build of another class. Warrior is simply going to melt if they don't have decent valor (and tend to do so even with valor albeit a bit slower). Same applies to other classes, but at least they typically have range as an advantage and tend not to stand out as quickly as someone in your face bashing you with a sword.

So yeah, a warrior using HK gear with heals is going to do some damage -- just like a mage, rogue, cleric, etc. If the opponent does not have valor, they will melt to a (non-tank) warrior, but again, same can be said for any class.

Under this logic Rogues were fine immediately following 1.5.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    Haven't seen a rogue I feared more than a good warrior in a warfront yet. Before, or after 1.8. A rogue can be a bit gimicky... but a good warrior is like a wrecking ball.
    My rogues gimmick is dominating. I guess I just have to accept that there are a lot of bad rogues. I rarely get out-performed if I am in the game performing at the best of my ability. I've had a bunch of WF's where I top dmg/kbs (like the norm) with a trail of 3 - 5 warriors all behind me. Just my reality. Some warriors roll pretty hard and make me work though. I dig em on my team.

And sometimes it's like 3am, I can't see the screen, and I'm just terrible.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-26-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

My rogues gimmick is dominating. I guess I just have to accept that there are a lot of bad rogues. I rarely get out-performed if I am in the game performing at the best of my ability. I've had a bunch of WF's where I top dmg/kbs (like the norm) with a trail of 3 - 5 warriors all behind me. Just my reality. Some warriors roll pretty hard and make me work though. I dig em on my team.

Okay, Saboteur is fun and all. But I think you're confusing kill stealing and dominating
    Sorry. (Plus I don't want them nerfed unnecessarily.)
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    And The Littles

Sword of Telara

Ohh, I get top KB and damage at times as well. And I refuse to play MM builds. Regardless, I've yet to come accross a rogue on a warfront, that I found more daunting than a well played warrior. When I get top kb/damage on warfronts, I generally chaulk it up to my being against a team of bad rogues... or just under geared folks. Because when I am against a team with 2+ R40 warriors.. I'm generally alone on the battlefield quickly enough, and then back on the spawn. :P Poorly played R40 warriors... are meh. Well played ones, can turn the tides pretty fast. Against under geared folks, yeah you can definitely feel like a god on the warfront against though. I had a 40 kb and 1 death whitefall the other day, although I held no illusions that it was due to my being uber. There were some poor players on the opposing team, and they were probably in greens and blues. Even in fairly evenly geared warfronts I do pretty well, as I can do more than bang my head on my keyboard. Regardless, when I look at the battlefield makeup, it is not the purple bars that give me pause. It's a select few of the blue bars, and yellow bars.

I could say I get lots of kill steals or all sorts of stuff. But really, if you want to think of a reason why I perceivably dominated but didn't, you have to write about 739 reasons or so by now. I'm either really good at dominating, or really good at making it look like I dominate. Sounds like somewhere in the equation, domination is happening.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I could say I get lots of kill steals or all sorts of stuff. But really, if you want to think of a reason why I perceivably dominated but didn't, you have to write about 739 reasons or so by now. I'm either really good at dominating, or really good at making it look like I dominate. Sounds like somewhere in the equation, domination is happening.
    Alrighty. Sab got buffed and now you're the bestplayaeva.

Rock on!
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 04-26-2012 at 10:38 AM.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    And The Littles

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast