+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Alternate War Front's for Level Locked Characters

Rift Disciple

Default Alternate War Front's for Level Locked Characters

Let's discuss the pros and cons of establishing alternate WF's for those that choose to level lock.

Pro:

Within alternate WF's the 'Twinked' level locked gamers will be put up against others of equal skill and gear. Essentially creating a balanced and equal battle field.

Given the proclaimed proliferation of Twinking/level locking into a bracket the queues shouldn't suffer as 'so many people are doing it' and it's so 'easy to become a Twink' that the worry of queues becoming painfully long has been minimized.

Con:

There really isn't a down side to this, at least from what I've observed from reading through these forums and the couple of threads I've started. Alternate WF's seem to suit the interests of both sides of the level locked twink argument.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Again these are just a couple of observation from a person that's relatively new to the game. So feel free to build on this with your own set of pro and cons. After having read through the last couple of threads I started I do feel like I have a better understanding the level locked/twink crowd.

The previous thread had some really compelling arguments from both sides of the fence, so if we can keep this one clean, meaning spare us the stories, insults and challenges. Keep on topic!
    Last edited by Hugatree; 04-26-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Ascendant

Pros: Everyone has a good time

Cons: Twinks whine that they can't roll newbs anymore, so mostly stop playing and making the twink queue really long.

I approve of this thread... playing my alt in wfs is ******* crappy =(

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

I leveled 2 toons 100% from pvp
    I now cant level another warrior on the new shard i am on because I cant pvp with all these twinks. I have no problem dying, i have tons of problem not having a chance at all.

I would like to enjoy the full game and level my defiant toons and see the defiant story, alternate wf for twinks would allow me to play my alts again.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

/sigh

Here we go again...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    /sigh

Here we go again...
    If it wasn't a problem, there wouldn't be piles of threads on it.

There isn't enough people playing the game to implement this. There used to be. There isn't anymore.

The queues would be too long.

I think it's a good idea though.
    Last edited by Misun; 04-26-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    If it wasn't a problem, there wouldn't be piles of threads on it.
    No, the "again" part is...

"Put Twinks in their own queue"

"But there isn't enough twinks to support their own queues"

"Too bad, put twinks in their own queue"

"We don't have the population to support 2 queues per bracket. Twinks would be waiting forever for a WF to pop and even non-twink queue times will go up"

"Then you really aren't twinking for the competition, are you? You just want to roll noobs"

Etc, etc, ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

Shadowlander

I support this as well. If there aren't enough twinks to support their own queues than Trion should just eliminate the level lock altogether. The mindset of twinking is what, to steamroll everyone in the WF based on gear alone and never have a competitive match?

Quote Originally Posted by byebye327 View Post
    I support this as well. If there aren't enough twinks to support their own queues than Trion should just eliminate the level lock altogether. The mindset of twinking is what, to steamroll everyone in the WF based on gear alone and never have a competitive match?
    I have plenty of competitive close games, especially if there are a couple locked 29s on either team. Steamrolling typically only occurs when the other team plays poorly (ie respawning only to run into graveyard campers).

Ascendant

No, the "again" part is...

"Put Twinks in their own queue"

"But there isn't enough twinks to support their own queues"

"Too bad, put twinks in their own queue"

"We don't have the population to support 2 queues per bracket. Twinks would be waiting forever for a WF to pop and even non-twink queue times will go up"

"Then you really aren't twinking for the competition, are you? You just want to roll noobs"

Etc, etc, ad nauseum, ad infinitum.
    That's another problem, there aren't enough twinks to support their own queue, yet they are being catered to by Trion. If they are really that few, then why bend over backwards so that they can roll newbs and destroy any influx of PVP players the game had?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabryn
    I have plenty of competitive close games, especially if there are a couple locked 29s on either team. Steamrolling typically only occurs when the other team has more twinks
    Fixed that one for you.

Rift Chaser

I really don't see the pros to this. I understand the intent, but again:

Rift's PvP population is much lower than I think people are willing to admit.

When I queue up to play, I play against the same 20 or so people (both sides) that get mixed up 1/3 of the time.

I get rolled. I do my fair share of it. It's PvP. One side will always press the advantage.

I could understand the argument that if twinks were segregated then more people would PvP. I really doubt thats true. And if were so, I'm fairly confident that there would be a rise in pre-mades. Again, anything that gives you an edge over another will be utilized greatly. And premades are far, far worse than a few twinks. Especially if those premades roll tehir way to teh top of a warfront.

CONS:

Queue times for level locked warfronts goes up exponentially
    Queue times for 'non-level-locked' warrfonts goes up drastically
    re-introduction of premades
    QQ'ers would find something *else* to gripe about
    Warriors are OP

Ok, so that last one was a joke (not really) lol tossed it in there for fun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What seperates twinking in WoW to twinking in rift is the ability to find and get gear. Trust me when I say, it is possible to twink out, in any level bracket, with minimal effort. I hate to sound like the twink supporter, but never, while I was raging against twinks, did i ever say I opposed it. I strictly called for the over the top, IPP runing stuff needed to be brought into line. And it has.

Now, with a few trips through some dungeons, some planar gear (chest and legs). For me, this was as easy as opening a few tears and closing the rift. And more often than not, if I opened a level 20 rift (at level 19) I wound up with a cursed SS. Since I already had my leggings, I turned them in for 50 planarite to buy the things I wanted.

some stuff I bought off the AH (like my new shiny dagger!) and got some drops form warfronts. All in all, I did this, bit by bit by bit over the course of a few days, until suddenly I was twinked. But even before then I was doing well with the build I had.

I would suggest trying it, but people seem to be completely dead set against equiping themselves I just don't know what to say that can help. gear does help, yes it does. Locking exp does help if you want to develop skills you can and will use later on in the game. Asking people does help. If you are on the same side as a particular twink you despise inspect them, look at their gear, see what it is that they are doing that is making them so beefy.

Trion isn't hoarding any secrets. Neither are the twinks. I will guarentee that 100% of them got their info right here on the internet. My first complaint against twinking was not the buffs, the gear, or their OPness, it was the guild combat banners they were dropping in warfronts. Happily, since i revealed that particularity, I haven't seen it since.

I like the analogy someone once said. Once you get to 50, you can't just jump into a Hammerknell raid. You have to GEAR UP. ANd while you can you *shouldn't* jump into a warfront at levle 40, still wearing level 26 greens....

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    That's another problem, there aren't enough twinks to support their own queue, yet they are being catered to by Trion. If they are really that few, then why bend over backwards so that they can roll newbs and destroy any influx of PVP players the game had?
    I point you to Tevikolady's post.

This is all stuff that we've gone over numerous times. Much of this was covered in Hugawhatsit's last thread, which was locked. And yet, here we are, again. Beating the same dead horse, again.

Trion has made their stance on this perfectly clear. XP locking in WF's isn't going anywhere anytime soon. They like what it does for queue times in low level WF's and, as has become blatantly obvious, maintaining fast queue times are one of their top priorities, if not the top priority, when it come to anything WF related.
    Last edited by Meina; 04-26-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Ascendant

Trion has made their stance on this perfectly clear. XP locking in WF's isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
    Actually what they said is that they are monitoring it and will adjust things as needed. Also, level 50 bard buffs from friends, 6 essence filled planar focus, all BIS for level gear . . . it essentially makes anyone who doesn't lock XP completely irrelevant in the game . .. so why bother playing?

Maybe this contributes to the reason that there is only 1 populated PVP server left and that people see the same groups over and over in war fronts. Of course you twink, so you don't think about big picture, you just think about how many newbs you can get KB's on in a warfront since they have no chance of fighting back.

Shadowlander

I don't have any problem with level-locking, per se. What I do have an issue with is locking at 19 or 29 or 39 but still having the ability to amass currency that allows you to buy gear that's equivalent of quest greens 10-12 levels higher than you and still being able to battle the rest. You want to know one of the reasons why PvP participation is down? Because someone gets in as a 12, 13, 14 and meets a 19 twink that buries them and is turned off. They gut it out and hit level 20 and guess what, another 29 twink. They eventually say F it and participation as a whole declines. Want to level-lock at 29 and wear level 29 green equipment and do WF's all day? Knock yourself out, I'm fine with that. We might as well allow 38's with dungeon blues to play in the 20 - 29 bracket because that's what it's like. I've played WF's all day today and between the 2 sides it's the same 18 - 20 people over and over again. The team with the twink wins them all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast