+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By spaceboots
  • 1 Post By Zaros
  • 1 Post By Emanresu

Thread: Anyone understand the PvP Leaderboard?

Default Anyone understand the PvP Leaderboard?

I just don't get it

What are divisions? Platinum Ranking? I just don't get it.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

My leaderboard tells me i play to much

Here http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...uestion-s.html

Yeah I don't understand it at all either. Last week I spent quite awhile trying to figure it out and noticed some bizarre things. The first PVP rift I closed netted me 100 overall points and I shot way up in rank. The second PVP rift I closed awarded me 2 points...okay.. so I thought maybe the first time having done *something* in the sub categories was worth a lot more than subsequent times doing it. So I queued for whitefall,which I hadn't done any of, ran 3 flags and and won 3-0 and....went up 4 points.

Also my points seemed to decay over night. I had 1900ish when I went to bed one night and the following morning I had 1840...huh? And the entire week last week I was ranked between 13 and 18 in "platinum scotty", yet when I logged in last night I was suddenly ranked 2 in the same division. The guy above me I've never even seen in a warfront before so I don't know how that's possible.

Also, even though I realize that the leaderboards are completely arbitrary - I have a friend that I like to PVP with and we have friendly competitions. We thought that the leaderboards would be a friendly way to compete among gentlemen and....we're not in the same division, yet we're on the same server in the same guild, with seemingly no way to switch out of our division. Kind of crappy.
    Infy <Transience> of Threesprings
    I PVP with 1 button.
    Potato.

diamon league isnt for the tpo players its for players that play the most

that gm person is wrong and its false information he is giving

You must beat the 8 gym leaders of the Jhoto League, and acquire their badges as proof.
    Or you can 8 from the leaders of the Indigo League.

After you do this, you can defeat the elite four plus the current champion on Indigo Plateau.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    You must beat the 8 gym leaders of the Jhoto League, and acquire their badges as proof.
    Or you can 8 from the leaders of the Indigo League.

After you do this, you can defeat the elite four plus the current champion on Indigo Plateau.
    I did the first part but I think the current champion on Indigo Plateau is bugged (or a warrior) because I can't killllll.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

RIFT Guide Writer

The leaderboards in my opinion happen to be complete garbage.

Leaderboards that show who plays more.

I'm done with PvP in Rift. I only run the daily for the xp now.

I think metrics like:

longest killing blow streak
    highest average dps - not just total damage
    highest average hps - not just total healing
    highest average single target damage hit - i would like to know who hits hardest
    number of kills / deaths - who actually kills the most per death, not just total kills

those are just some ideas that come to mind
    info like this is probably more interesting than what is already there

If they really wanted to streamline the leaderboards, they'd just clock our /played and rank us by that.
    ~Quiescent

Plane Walker

Yep, said it already, leaderboards only display quantity, not quality. I mean just because I'm #1 in a Diamond divison does that mean i'm the best? Well yeah, I mean, of course, in my case it does. But normally, no it doesn't.

Even a leaderboard that did track more qualitative statistics would still not be very accurate because it would not differentiate between people who Q solo and who Q only with premades or pocket healers etc etc. Surprisingly, a lot of people don't want an arena type system but that is exactly what I would love to see happen. I've been around a while, I know the pro's and cons. Even after that consideration, arena would compel me to play more than I do, and do be a petter pvper than I currently am.

Anyhoo, see you all on the other side.
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

+ Reply to Thread