+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 1.8 Pvp Community, Our greatest Concerns

Telaran

Default 1.8 Pvp Community, Our greatest Concerns

Let's use this thread to express the public opinion of a particular sample of players. this thread is designed to represent the opinions of our pvp population by conducting a series of questions and then extrapolating generalities in ratio or within confidence intervals without using /signed or voting.

To start the conversation, my greatest concern's are reactionism to forum complaints before adequate time has passed to allow the pvp community to adjust to changes. How many clerics didn't even try to adapt to the changes?

The second is how much the population of pvper's has dwindled recently. I feel its to a lack of information or a timeline on new pvp content and many of them feeling to many things they have heard mentioned have not come to fruition.

And lastly the warrior debuff's that cannot be cleansed, if you stack a heal syphoning rogue and a warrior on a healer, he is forced to heal which keeps the rogue up, while taking damage from warrior debuffs, or cleanse and still take damage while team tries to peel warrior and rogue before he is downed. at least that's what appears to be happening.

I personally like the warrior changes(coming from a predominantly chlorodom mage) however the synergy with other melee seems like there is the opportunity for a gamebreaking 3 man premade as soon as someone figures it out.

Prophet of Telara

In my opinion, the major issue is that there is no one in charge of PvP in Trion with a true "vision" of how the pvp battlefield is supposed to look and feel like, and then try to balance classes into fitting that framework. Instead we get Devs making reactive changes to forum complaints every patch which drastically shift how PvP battles play out, creating even more unforeseen issues.

I won't even touch the content aspect heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    In my opinion, the major issue is that there is no one in charge of PvP in Trion with a true "vision" of how the pvp battlefield is supposed to look and feel like, and then try to balance classes into fitting that framework. Instead we get Devs making reactive changes to forum complaints every patch which drastically shift how PvP battles play out, creating even more unforeseen issues.

I won't even touch the content aspect heh.
    I don't think they pvp at all.

All the required and desirable stats needed to function in pvp be from pvp earned gear. My only concern.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Chaser

My issue with PvP is the lack of information there is in relation to getting gear, and where to find it.

Sure, there are merchants in Sanctum (meridian) that you can get gear from, but there are PvP merchants scattered about the world with gear on it. You can get level 18 gear in Gloamwood, but if you are new to teh game, you don't know that. You usually don't get to gloamwood until level 20ish or so, hve long out leveled that tier (if you PvP). If that same merchant was combined with the PvP merchant in Argent Glade, and you're able to buy the gear until your level 18, then that would help low level PvP'ers get some good PvP gear for their level range.

PLus, since PvE and PvP gear can be used readily in warfronts, you have gear that overrides another making valor almost worthless to equip over other stats. Why bother with valor if you can push +hit to insane levels and be a competent player still??

PvP gear and stats need a revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by lixx View Post
    And lastly the warrior debuff's that cannot be cleansed, if you stack a heal syphoning rogue and a warrior on a healer, he is forced to heal which keeps the rogue up, while taking damage from warrior debuffs, or cleanse and still take damage while team tries to peel warrior and rogue before he is downed. at least that's what appears to be happening.
    Sorry for the offtopic, but...

The team tries to peel warrior and rogue? Really? I want to be in your wf battlegroup too ._. Since I'm used to no one ever bothering about the healer and the lovely warriors and rogues beating him up, only to complain about lack of heals while you're at the respawning point -_-

OT: europe shard here, and I noticed a severe lack of players in wfs matches too, which leads to ranked wfs almost disappear... for a player starting to pvp just now and having to climb the rank ladder starting with pve gear it's really, really tough. Why isn't there a "starter" pvp set you can craft? Nothing major, with lesser stats than the current starter set, and perhaps half the valor it has?

With almost all matches being unraked, I think new players trying to start pvping at 50 can easily be turned off by the amount of damage that's flying around the wfs lately, and simply stop trying. (heck, I'm rank 25 and I blow up when focus fired, I guess they last even less than me) Having a starter set with a little valor could go a long way to help new players, and would give some some variety to crafters too

Also,

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    All the required and desirable stats needed to function in pvp be from pvp earned gear. My only concern.
    this, TOTALLY.
    Last edited by Snags; 04-25-2012 at 03:33 PM.

My concern is that there is absolutely nothing for me to focus on after P40 and the Gear Grind.

I can't stand the thought of yet more grinding, but there are absolutely zero meaninful objectives for me to complete either.

I can do the "Daily PvP Quests". Whoop-de-do. I can basically go farm PvE crap and wait for the typcial stealth duo to come on out and pound me.

I can do PvP Rifts. Again... uhh... no. Running stones around in the hopes that someone will show up to again wipe my face in the dirt isn't appealing.

Yes, open world PvP is what I would like, but I would like it in the forms of:

A) Having an actual meaningful objective to take / storm / hold, etc. One that has a worthwhile effect for my faction or team as a whole.

B) In an area where I'm not having to fight off 40 other crap PvE mobs while the aforementioned Rogues are bashing me around. I have enough to deal with, and it does not add to any "excitement". It just adds to my annoyance.

The current Warfronts are tired. There should be a rotation of Warfronts of some sort, and I don't mean the same 4 over and over and over. There should be about 20 of those suckers, with only 3 or 5 in play each week. Keep 'em fresh if you're gonna make me do 'em.

The other concern I have is Team Imbalance. The current matching system is hosed. May as well take it out because there aren't enough PvP players left for them to fill up properly and work right. It is becoming a negative feedback loop: Old PvP players are tired of no fresh or meaningful content, nothing left to work for, no goals, get bored, leave game. New PvP player joins a WF and gets smashed down in 4 seconds or less by the players remaining, spends time playing the Respawn game, gets frustrated, doesn't come back.

Slowly but surely PvP players are going the way of the DoDo and I don't see this trend changing any time soon. Not soon enough to make a difference.

Last concern. Balance and testing. I know that testing will not alway catch everything, etc etc etc. However, I spent a week trying to copy my character onto the test server in order to test 1.8 and give my feedback. I followed all of the directions step by step, downloaded a huge amount of data again, hit the 'Copy Character to PTS' button available to me, only to never once have my level 50 show up on the test server. Ever.

This was highly irritating to me. Stop announcing your "testing" if you're just going to make it damn near impossible to help test by demanding that we jump through flaming hoops only to get our butts burned on the other side from it. I am NOT going to test a stupid lvl 1 character, nor am I going to grind to 50 really quick either.

Let me just copy my character with my gear easily and let me test!!

Aaaaaanyway...

minor concern but something that would make pvpers freaking happing

Throw some actually awesome trinkets our way.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Champion

To start the conversation, my greatest concern's are reactionism to forum complaints before adequate time has passed to allow the pvp community to adjust to changes. How many clerics didn't even try to adapt to the changes?
    Hey Lixx... many of us had been testing the changes on the PTS for a month before they even went live. We told the developers what the problems were going to be if they decided to make the changes they were proposing... we even suggested DOZENS of ways to make it not so bad, but they IGNORED EVERY SINGLE ONE!

They've shown absolutely ZERO interest in what Rift PvPers actually want in PvP, and make changes based on whatever THEY think is best... which appears to be that healing in PvP is completely an utterly NOT wanted.

90% of the ranting on these boards right now are from players who TOLD the devs this was going to happen, and the devs could have cared less!

The second is how much the population of pvper's has dwindled recently. I feel its to a lack of information or a timeline on new pvp content and many of them feeling to many things they have heard mentioned have not come to fruition.
    No, this is not it at all. As players realize that the devs don't care what players want and continue on their misguided path to drive pvp into mindnumbingly lame 1-button dps spam fest that they insist on creating, players leave the game for something more fun. That's what it boils down to. It's not a lack of information... the players have given the devs 100's of pages of informtion via the forums, and it's all fallen on deaf ears (or more likely incompetant ears.)

I personally like the warrior changes(coming from a predominantly chlorodom mage) however the synergy with other melee seems like there is the opportunity for a gamebreaking 3 man premade as soon as someone figures it out.
    This is already known, and, yet again, was brought up before this patch even went live but the devs were intent on creating DPS pvp with as many possible ways to stack your team with unkillable combinations of players (none of which involved a healer) as they could come up with.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    I don't think they pvp at all.
    Actually, a couple of them pretend to pvp... but, as was proof on the PTS pre 1.8, NONE of them bothered with PvP gear... they all put on Full T3 ID gear for testing.

Talk about complete fail. Just more proof they ONLY think of PvP in the context of how it fits in with PvE.
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 04-26-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    Actually, a couple of them pretend to pvp... but, as was proof on the PTS pre 1.8, NONE of them bothered with PvP gear... they all put on Full T3 ID gear for testing.

Talk about complete fail. Just more proof they ONLY think of PvP in the context of how it fits in with PvE.
    Please tell me you are joking when you say that none of them tested PvP with PvP gear...
    Rift PvP from an undergeared player's perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4DKLqnyBAQ

I like to PVP because I like to PVP. I'm R40, have all the gear, maxed favor and maxed tokens from the PVP rifts....and yet, I still PVP, and I still enjoy it. When I see people complaining about having no "objectives" after the grind, it makes me wonder if they would not perhaps be better suited to the PVE environment. This is not meant to be insulting or negative in any way, in the event someone takes it that way, merely an observation. IMHO, the PVE environment is about constantly getting better "stuff" to beat better enemies and improve your character, where as the PVP environment is more about testing your skill against others.

And before someone decides they need to obligatory "har har rift pvp has no skill har har", the reality of that statement is that it can be said about any game compared to any other game. Everything has skill, even checkers.
    Infy <Transience> of Threesprings
    I PVP with 1 button.
    Potato.

There's no endgame for PvP. You level up to R40, get your gear, maybe go for achievements, and then the only thing left to do is the same thing you did for hundreds of hours to level. It's like if you hit level 50 and all there was to do was go back and do scarwood reach quests over and over.

PvP needs an endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Edany View Post
    Please tell me you are joking when you say that none of them tested PvP with PvP gear...
    I can say with confidence that Daglar was wearing pve gear every time I checked his gear, both in duels and in warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    I can say with confidence that Daglar was wearing pve gear every time I checked his gear, both in duels and in warfronts.
    My goodness, so they really don't pvp. I knew it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast