+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Infernal Phylactery - the key to end game PvP?

Rift Chaser

Default Infernal Phylactery - the key to end game PvP?

Infernal Phylactery is a rare ingredient presumably isolated to the new dungeon Infernal Dawn. This item has the potential to be used to create some of the best weapons in the game. Weapons that grant +hit as well as have substantial stats and all on a BoE item. Currently Infernal Phylactery is restricted to PvE dungeon crawlers while PvP players who decide to not engage in PvE once again are out gunned at their own game. Match up the current rank 36 weapons to the new weapons and look at the dps/stats/+hit. Any end game PvP player would love to apply these in Warfronts or Open World PvP(lol as if this exists).

The lingering question is why should PvE now control crafting. Isn't PvP a valid form of play that should grant access to these same rare materials such as Infernal Phylactery either through purchase from favor or other means? I'm certain providing a cooldown on crafting such items would prevent proliferation but at the same time give end game PvP players a way to compete for valuable items. Either way a player that focuses solely on PvP will soon be unable to compete as their competition will have superior fire power acquired through PvE.

It's another slap in the face to players who don't want to invest in PvE, specifically Infernal Dawn and rewards those who do in every aspect of the game including PvP.

OMFG BOE is the ****, dont even complain about this.

IF you dont wanna raid dont, buy the damn items, how could you be upset about that.
    In the perfect world all items are just there no boe or bop but this is a start.

+PvP junk will be around 1.9 dont stress until you see what the pvp content is.
    Last edited by Am0n; 04-25-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    OMFG BOE is the ****, dont even complain about this.

IF you dont wanna raid dont, buy the damn items, how could you be upset about that.
    In the perfect world all items are just there no boe or bop but this is a start.

+PvP junk will be around 1.9 dont stress until you see what the pvp content is.
    Pretty much what he said, just buy the item and/or mats and slap in whatever augment. PvP gear will be coming in soon anyway.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

The recipe ingredients that drop in ID shouldn't even be seeing the AH for quite some time. They craft the relic hexed for boots.

Besides, have you even seen the stats from them? Aside from the hit/focus (and dps if that affects you), they're not really "amazing."

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    The recipe ingredients that drop in ID shouldn't even be seeing the AH for quite some time. They craft the relic hexed for boots.

Besides, have you even seen the stats from them? Aside from the hit/focus (and dps if that affects you), they're not really "amazing."
    The warrior weapon is a freakin sycthe. I want it.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

As someone miserably poor, sigh.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    You means those 50g that people do not pick up from corpses and the loldailyrewards and green drops arent adding up?

Shocker..

Its like pvpers have to live like paupers.

Where the hell is my guillotine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    You means those 50g that people do not pick up from corpses and the loldailyrewards and green drops arent adding up?

Shocker..

Its like pvpers have to live like paupers.

Where the hell is my guillotine.
    I really think corpse cash should be autolooted on death or at least lootable on a mount.
    ~Quiescent

Prophet of Telara

IDK how you are poor with the loot changes man. I run full consumables the entire time I'm in game and I more than cover my costs.

I really think corpse cash should be autolooted on death or at least lootable on a mount.
    Of course it should. And I still don't understand why in Warfronts, AOE looting doesn't apply. STUPID!

But yeah, whatever Am0n said.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Pfft, who's poor these days. When I zone into a warfront, the first thing I do is look for corpses to loot. When I see an enemy, I hang back and wait till he gets killed before moving in for the loot.

I'm also a filthy liar, but don't tell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    IDK how you are poor with the loot changes man. I run full consumables the entire time I'm in game and I more than cover my costs.
    I run with full consumables the entire time as well and more than cover the costs, but those costs don't include buying Infernal Phylacteries.
    ~Quiescent

Soulwalker

I run with full consumables the entire time as well and more than cover the costs, but those costs don't include buying Infernal Phylacteries.
    Exactly!

Infernal Phylactery is going to make a substantial difference in PvP therefore we should be given a means to acquire it if not in Warfronts then at least in Rifts. What if dungeon bosses required Valor to sustain their damage? See the point!?! If it can be appllied to an application it should be capable of being acquired through that application.

Quote Originally Posted by Illure View Post
    Exactly!

Infernal Phylactery is going to make a substantial difference in PvP therefore we should be given a means to acquire it if not in Warfronts then at least in Rifts. What if dungeon bosses required Valor to sustain their damage? See the point!?! If it can be appllied to an application it should be capable of being acquired through that application.
    Well, that's not exactly what I meant..
    ~Quiescent

Soulwalker

Well, that's not exactly what I meant..
    Well I was agreeing with your original post. Then I got carried away, lol. But I still think the op has made a valid point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast