+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Why I am not surprised rogues and mages are not posting how OP they are....

Ascendant

Default Why I am not surprised rogues and mages are not posting how OP they are....

What gives? You have ranged classes with more burst and sustained dps then melee warriors. These classes also have CC that can be applied at range and totally shut down a warrior.

Give me a break. Oh wait. Lets not forget how easy it is for ranged dps to focus fire targets.

Regardless, I think pvp is fairly decent overall. As a warrior I have never died so much or so fast in warfronts but can do decent damage. I think pvp is becoming more fun and balanced. Yes, that means a rogue or Mage may die to a warrior. It happens.

Pvp can be frustrating for any class. Especially, when blown up by mages at 30 meters in 2 - 3 seconds while getting healed. Lol.
    Last edited by Majorin; 04-25-2012 at 09:44 AM.

I used to say rogues hardly needed 1.5, back when that happened. Does that count?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    What gives? You have ranged classes with more burst and sustained dps then melee warriors. These classes also have CC that can be applied at range and totally shut down a warrior.

Give me a break. Oh wait. Lets not forget how easy it is for ranged dps to focus fire targets.

Regardless, I think pvp is fairly decent overall. As a warrior I have never died so much or so fast in warfronts but can do decent damage. I think pvp is becoming more fun and balanced. Yes, that means a rogue or Mage may die to a warrior. It happens.

Pvp can be frustrating for any class. Especially, when blown up by mages at 30 meters in 2 - 3 seconds while getting healed. Lol.
    attack the best form of defence? lol ;)
    ...the internet treats censorship as damage, and routes around it...
    NerfedWar Addons and Tutorials
    * Note: tutorials are currently being ported to the new site.

no one said that clerics didnt write that they are op

so they are fine but the other 3 classes are not,wtb nerfs.

Telaran

... when blown up by mages at 30 meters in 2 - 3 seconds while getting healed. Lol.
    Over exaggerating in order to prove your argument is week and frankly a dishonest method of arguing.
    Please show me a video where you die to a single mage while being healed in 2-3 seconds.

Ascendant

Lol it is true. When they hit those cooldowns I get destroyed. Actually, clerics seem to be killing me faster. Mages hit warriors pretty hard.

Sure, mages hit hard. But they are easy for nearly anyone to kill, except for a pure healing cleric of course.

Cleansing and LOS goes a long ways towards helping you to survive. If you can't cleanse, LOS..they can't melt your face if they can't see you.

They hit hard because they die so easily, as it should be. "Glass cannons" ; big boom but break super easily.

General of Telara

Warriors are glass cannons too but without the range.
    It's ok for a Mage to blow someone up real fast becaue they are squishy, i get that, but just like melee not LoS or closing the gap should (and do) die fast, a Mage should be dust in seconds if toe to toe with a Warrior. Since patch 1.8 that is generallythe case (except those darn tank Mages), so there is no issue.

It's those complaining that Warriors are actually quite deadly when you stand next to them for 5-10s that I don't understand. I certainly don't complain that a Mage or DPS Cleric obliterates me if I stand 10m away from them for that long

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Sure, mages hit hard. But they are easy for nearly anyone to kill, except for a pure healing cleric of course.

Cleansing and LOS goes a long ways towards helping you to survive. If you can't cleanse, LOS..they can't melt your face if they can't see you.

They hit hard because they die so easily, as it should be. "Glass cannons" ; big boom but break super easily.
    So what exactly is the problem with warriors? They have less damage than mages and no range. We also have absolutely no survival skills or escape skills outside of a nerfed skill in a tank soul and a 45 second CD that is clunky to use and requires PA. Oh, wait, I'm being logical here, let me try again:

Nerf warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteldian View Post
    Warriors are glass cannons too but without the range.
    It's ok for a Mage to blow someone up real fast becaue they are squishy, i get that, but just like melee not LoS or closing the gap should (and do) die fast, a Mage should be dust in seconds if toe to toe with a Warrior. Since patch 1.8 that is generallythe case (except those darn tank Mages), so there is no issue.

It's those complaining that Warriors are actually quite deadly when you stand next to them for 5-10s that I don't understand. I certainly don't complain that a Mage or DPS Cleric obliterates me if I stand 10m away from them for that long

No one can get away from warriors. CC is ruined in this game.

It's not fun or challenging to be mowed down over and over and over again by anyone and there's hardly anything you can do about it. Even the awesome warriors have said it's broken and not challenging.

Can mages charge into a group of people and just start slamming faces? No. They can't.

Do I get my face melted by mages? You betcha. But usually I cleanse, los and hustle back to my team so they can kill the mage, because I can't (gimped healing cleric)

Anyway, I don't think any class should have ever been nerfed in the first place. I got very annoyed when Trion first said they weren't going to be doing much of class balancing, because there were "a diverse number of soul combinations"..and people would figure out counters to "op" classes on their own.

Then what happened? People cried about Sabs and that's when the downhill slide started for pvp.

Now Trion is stuck in a vicious circle of nerfing/buffing etc. and no one is happy. (Except for the current class that is doing the most damage)

Then it starts all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    No one can get away from warriors. CC is ruined in this game.

It's not fun or challenging to be mowed down over and over and over again by anyone and there's hardly anything you can do about it. Even the awesome warriors have said it's broken and not challenging.

Can mages charge into a group of people and just start slamming faces? No. They can't.

Do I get my face melted by mages? You betcha. But usually I cleanse, los and hustle back to my team so they can kill the mage, because I can't (gimped healing cleric)

Anyway, I don't think any class should have ever been nerfed in the first place. I got very annoyed when Trion first said they weren't going to be doing much of class balancing, because there were "a diverse number of soul combinations"..and people would figure out counters to "op" classes on their own.

Then what happened? People cried about Sabs and that's when the downhill slide started for pvp.

Now Trion is stuck in a vicious circle of nerfing/buffing etc. and no one is happy. (Except for the current class that is doing the most damage)

Then it starts all over again
    So what your saying is that a warrior shouldn't charge into melee range and fight? That is what a warrior does, they create a front line or rush the enemies back line. Asd for not getting away from a warrior, your talking about riftwalk and the refresh from crit by using planarblade, its purgeable and still only has a 20m range. For those running 51 champ, we don't get that nifty ability and thus sacrifice mobility and survivability to do lots of damage. It sounds to me like you just don't want warriors to be on par with the rest of the dps race. Get over yourself and learn to play.

P.S. I think Planarblade should be changed so all those whining brats can stop complaining about warrior mobility. Then again I know they wont be happy until we can't do the damage output of full spec healer.

You have ranged classes with more burst and sustained dps then melee warriors.
    At the cost of standing still and taking attacks from everyone within range, including other ranged players and freight train melee, perhaps we have more sustained dps.

I just wonder how many warriors pulling out these types of arguments have ever played a glass cannon ranged character. I've played glass cannon melee and glass cannon ranged. Neither have an excuse for consistent full power burst at no cost.

Ranged damage specs currently have the cost of kiting and losing a lot of damage potential or dropping like a rock when someone looks at them the wrong way. What cost do warriors pay to put out their burst?

aux

What's this OP mage stuff I keep hearing about? If I try to 1v1 a warrior (or rogue), pop a -80% damage buff and a bunch of HoTs at the start, I'm still dead before the buff is gone. I sure wish I had this 'range' advantage that every warrior is talking about but everyone's teleporting right to my face and I can't seem to get rid of them.

Teach meeeeeeee
    I'm so BORED

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    So what your saying is that a warrior shouldn't charge into melee range and fight? That is what a warrior does, they create a front line or rush the enemies back line. Asd for not getting away from a warrior, your talking about riftwalk and the refresh from crit by using planarblade, its purgeable and still only has a 20m range. For those running 51 champ, we don't get that nifty ability and thus sacrifice mobility and survivability to do lots of damage. It sounds to me like you just don't want warriors to be on par with the rest of the dps race. Get over yourself and learn to play.

P.S. I think Planarblade should be changed so all those whining brats can stop complaining about warrior mobility. Then again I know they wont be happy until we can't do the damage output of full spec healer.
    Ok, Lets do it your way since you think warriors are fine. Let my mage do the same thing to get away from a warrior as the warrior does to stay close to me. Reset the cooldown on Flicker every time i crit.

Now what? Are you telling me that you wouldnt complain that mages were pinging about all over the place?

Not to mention of course that Flicker is STILL broken and half the time you port 3 inches and get stuck on a blade of grass.

But seriously. I have no problem at all with the damage warriors are doing. I think its about right. However putting out this kind of damage they NEED to be kite-able. As things stand they are not. That is where thr problem lies because people cannot live with a warrior glued to their *** and no way to get away. Cast times mean i cant even fight back with all skills because i cant cast on the move, warriors can use all dps skills while running after me.

Do you see the imbalance yet?

Oh, and dont forget that most warriors using this have lingering wounds too. Which from what i've seen so far is reducing my healing by a hell of a lot more than 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    What's this OP mage stuff I keep hearing about? If I try to 1v1 a warrior (or rogue), pop a -80% damage buff and a bunch of HoTs at the start, I'm still dead before the buff is gone. I sure wish I had this 'range' advantage that every warrior is talking about but everyone's teleporting right to my face and I can't seem to get rid of them.

Teach meeeeeeee
    In all honestly I have tried to get them to teach people these mythic abilities and a technique. It seem the ones who doing this, either can not or will not teach one. As it stands now I just keep plugging along killing on all calling dying and moving up ranks. Thus, give up.

Now here is the more funny part of the game. The game is really getting close to balance. I do see some imbalance. But these will be fixed in time. As I am positive that Trion is and always will be watching the data. Now matter what forums say, Trion knows the truth. That will come back to haunt some. As they raise red flags and it will lead to Trion look closely at the matter.
    Let freedom ring and all trolls hide under the bridge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast