Closed Thread

Thread: Where is the pvp

Banned

Default Where is the pvp

I have 2 p40 chars warr and rogue,(raid hk 11/11 irrelevant) and my simple question is where is the content for the pvpers, higher and or lower, no world pvp at all other than pvp rifts (which never get tampered with usually and certainly don't get invade by the opposing faction).
    Most of the pvp population has been p40 for months and months now and I do not see any problem in releasing new gear as an incentive.
    I must admit I do like the BG's and think there great.

In short from what ive seen Rift has truly alienated its pvp population. I used to be utterly impressed with rift thinking it would NEVER become boring because of the 4 aspects, raids, rifts, pvp, and also the fact that the soul trees are interchangeable. Now it seems that the first 3 choices are not working well together.
    The ability for players to choose what they want to be any time anywhere seemed amazing when I first started playing but now it seems a limiting factor in the game. I feel like I have no identity because almost everyone can have the exact same spec and souls i do.

sorry for the rant :P
    anyone else share similar feelings?
    Last edited by mygot; 04-25-2012 at 08:59 AM.

They've been working on ID. 1.9 HOPEFULLY will contain T2 PvP PA (I maxed T1 yesterday, yay!), and maybe a new WF. Other then that, enjoy killing people.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

I guess new gear will be introduced later in this patch or in 1.9.
    Evandro, Retired

Most of the population is not P40.
    Even free cost too much now

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Most of the population is not P40.
    yes, yes it is, and noobs coming into the game can level to 50 in a couple weeks and then max R40 in a couple months.
    Point being that anyone playing the game for any amount of time already who likes to pvp, is already r40 or almost there.

Quote Originally Posted by mygot View Post
    The ability for players to choose what they want to be any time anywhere seemed amazing when I first started playing but now it seems a limiting factor in the game. I feel like I have no identity because almost everyone can have the exact same spec and souls i do.

sorry for the rant :P
    anyone else share similar feelings?
    I've been feeling the same way. A good analogy would be the doppelganger. This shapeshifter has no identity because it can be anyone at anytime just like all the other doppelgangers. There's no way to settle into a style that lets you stand out because everyone else can switch in & out of the same build at anytime, anywhere. Adding the two extra roles didnt help either. Well...I suppose you could stand out if you put together some oddball soul build and never used the other role slots.
    A computer once beat me at chess but it sure couldn't beat me at kick boxing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Terror View Post
    I've been feeling the same way. A good analogy would be the doppelganger. This shapeshifter has no identity because it can be anyone at anytime just like all the other doppelgangers. There's no way to settle into a style that lets you stand out because everyone else can switch in & out of the same build at anytime, anywhere. Adding the two extra roles didnt help either. Well...I suppose you could stand out if you put together some oddball soul build and never used the other role slots.
    thats the problem, you cannot created a different role out side the box because it wont be suited for what you are doing raiding /or pvp. Lots of soul trees but very limited choices, its somewhat of an oxymoron.
    I love your Doppelganger analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by mygot View Post
    yes, yes it is, and noobs coming into the game can level to 50 in a couple weeks and then max R40 in a couple months.
    Point being that anyone playing the game for any amount of time already who likes to pvp, is already r40 or almost there.
    I've been playing since the beginning and just hit P40 not that long ago. For the most part I PvP.
    Even free cost too much now

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Tyvoka; 04-25-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Closed Thread