+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By handerhank

Thread: trying to get a feel off what other mages are using

Default trying to get a feel off what other mages are using

As the title say's i'm trying to get a build i'm happy with in 1.8 currently running a dom/pyro/archon build
    31/35/0 but alot off the time i am finding the cc's arn't working due to immunity's, and i just can't get away from warrior's or rogues atm even using a double flicker they just seem to be on me.

any builds others are using for wf's that seem to be working post 1.8?

Rift Master

It's still the same 3 builds, man. 51 pyro for blowing them up before they blow you up. Pyro/dom for more control/utility with roughly the same goal. Chloro/dom for tanking/suppressing their dps while supporting your team and draining enemy healers.

The only relatively "new" build is pyro/dom/sc up to ride the wind. Trades utility and/or damage for the ability to kite more effectively. I don't care for it.

It could just be i have had a couple off really bad day's in wf's, just seems my survivability has gone downhill rapidly even though i have been able to get a couple of more pieces of the virtuosso set.

Rift Master

That's the meta game shifting. Heals aren't what they used to be, so a lot of clerics are blowing people up as inq/cab right now. Warrior dps is legit/op again, so they've all switched from vk tank trolling to blowing people up. Rogues and mages are, as ever, blowing people up. So if you're typical pre-1.8 wf was something like 25/25/25/25 rogues/mages/tanks/healers, it's now more like rogues/mages/dpswars/dpsclerics.

Basically you've got twice as many people trying to kill you now.

+ Reply to Thread