+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What difference do resistances make in PVP ?

Default What difference do resistances make in PVP ?

Just curious. Ie; 99.9% of mages now running Pyro or variant thereof. If you up your fire resistance considerably, you should take less damage. I tried it with PA/Serums and even a sigil with all fire resists, but didn't notice much of difference.

Responses appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    Just curious. Ie; 99.9% of mages now running Pyro or variant thereof. If you up your fire resistance considerably, you should take less damage. I tried it with PA/Serums and even a sigil with all fire resists, but didn't notice much of difference.

Responses appreciated.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...eed-pvp-2.html
    Tracker - P40 Rogue on Seastone (defiant) - 51 MM / 15 NB / 0 RS
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

They make pretty much no difference because casters have focus which negates your resists completely. I only have 44 focus in pvp gear and the only time i ever see a resist is like if someone has planar protection + bard elementral resist buff + probably something else.

On the other hand I think resists might actually work to reduce the damage of riftblades and nightblades etc because warrs and rogues have no focus but don't quote me on that

Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Gowron View Post
    They make pretty much no difference because casters have focus which negates your resists completely. I only have 44 focus in pvp gear and the only time i ever see a resist is like if someone has planar protection + bard elementral resist buff + probably something else.

On the other hand I think resists might actually work to reduce the damage of riftblades and nightblades etc because warrs and rogues have no focus but don't quote me on that
    It seems you are suggesting that focus/resistance should scale accordingly to negate the latter. That seems logical. I have seen it suggested that even 1 focus should eliminate all resistances, but that makes little sense. Focus/resistance seems a copy of Wow's spell penetration that people hated having to acquire.

It would be nice if resistances help check these RB killing machines, but I cannot recall resisting a RB attack a single time and I always run with at least PP.

+ Reply to Thread