+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Another thread begging devs for a pvp dummy

Default Another thread begging devs for a pvp dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Euthan View Post
    Would it be possible to put in a dummy which has PvP stats (1300~ favor) and also registers as a PvP engagement (triggering healing reductions, vengeance etc...)
    Would prefer this to be in a somewhat isolated area so accurate ST DPS can be measured.
    With all these "pvp only" modifications it is more crucial now than ever for this.

Please if we could at least get an indication of whether or not this is even a possibility.

SIGN/POST IF YOU WANT THIS AS WELL!!!!!
    ~~ Euthan ~~

Rift Chaser

With all these "pvp only" modifications it is more crucial now than ever for this.

Please if we could at least get an indication of whether or not this is even a possibility.

Id like to see it as well. Kind of necassary now that they are balancing PvP and PvE seperatly in some cases.

Champion

I could support this. While they are at it, would be nice to have a dummy to parse on from which aoe abilities do not chain to nearby dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by Anmila View Post
    Id like to see it as well. Kind of necassary now that they are balancing PvP and PvE seperatly in some cases.
    I like the idea, but the execution of this could be difficult to be useful as any real indication of effectiveness.

The variety of builds and how much damage they take in pvp is not just based on Valor but how much block/dodge/parry(read +hit req's) they have and any typed DR they get from souls on top of Valor.

We'd probably need a whole new pvp training ground of dummies.

The other option is just providing one dummy with no block/dodge/parry or DR from souls and infer effectiveness from that.
    Tracker - P40 Rogue on Seastone (defiant) - 51 MM / 15 NB / 0 RS
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

There's definitely a lot that can be done with dummies to invoke precision.

BUT the simpler we keep our request the more likely we are toget it.
    Last edited by Euthan; 04-25-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    ~~ Euthan ~~

--
    Don't waste Trion's time with this. If you want to test something, find someone of the appropriate class and rank and /duel them. Instead of having to infer how effective something is, you can see its effectiveness in real time under real conditions.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

aye + 1, would just be nice to have a target that considers 'pvp only' effects and values.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-25-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by MannSeastone View Post
    --
    Don't waste Trion's time with this. If you want to test something, find someone of the appropriate class and rank and /duel them. Instead of having to infer how effective something is, you can see its effectiveness in real time under real conditions.
    Lacks a baseline and results will vary because of it. As for wasting trions time, get over yourself.

Dummy should be 1400 valor or top number available and invoke "pvp" settings. Heal dummy with pvp reductions as well.

We could do away with many knee-jerk buff/nerf behaviors if reliable numbers can be produced repeatedly with varying levels of gear.

Would be a real step towards balancing and would put many contentions to rest.

--
    Don't need live time, or an equal target, or whatever class. You could actually have a dummy with no valor at all, but one that considers pvp values (dummies need more hp soon tbh). It's all relativity. Actually, having to use other people would make it far worse. I could never find any consistency to my testing unless I find the same person in the same spec and same gear over and over. Having to find individual people constantly would defy the concepts of self standard testing because the variable would constantly change. It doesn't matter how the dummy is 'geared', it just would have to consider pvp values. Finding players is actually highly counter productive to testing if you ask me. Absolutely no consistency without the same person over and over. The 'relativity' would constantly be changing.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-25-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

--
    I'm sorry Mann I didn't realize you were the dev in charge of this I'm so sorry I wasted your precious time.

Wait, what's that? You're not that dev?

Oh, I'm sorry, thought you had a reason to be a troll.

In that case let me defend my post by saying I pay the same amount as you and it is my right as a consumer to respectfully request what I would consider improvements.
    ~~ Euthan ~~

i would vote for an active npc that moves and attacks rather than a static dummy.
    put one in the pit and activate it by talking to it and jus have it run like a normal pvp duel.
    issue would be 50 people wanting to use it at once tho. dunno how youd get around that.
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    i would vote for an active npc that moves and attacks rather than a static dummy.
    put one in the pit and activate it by talking to it and jus have it run like a normal pvp duel.
    issue would be 50 people wanting to use it at once tho. dunno how youd get around that.
    Inc pvp chronicle!

I'd like to see a pvp dummy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Finding players is actually highly counter productive to testing if you ask me. Absolutely no consistency without the same person over and over. The 'relativity' would constantly be changing.
    That sounds suspiciously like PvP. Do you go up against the same players over and over again in warfronts? Do they stand still? A dummy would only be useful for drawing theoretical and erroneous conclusions.

This is a clear case of Complicator's Gloves. Look at what people are proposing. Different dummies with different valor ratings! Dummies that move around and PvP as if they were players! These are TERRIBLE ideas. TERRIBLE. Trion does not need to waste their time simulating a real player for the benefit of people too awkward to interact with the numerous real players that surround them. There's an easy way to test anything you need tested. Use /duel, or even better, see how it works by actually playing the game.

Bonus point: What do you think is going to happen if this gets implemented? The forums will blow up with know-nothing scrubs who think Pee vee Dee conditions are representative of what takes place in-game.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

That sounds suspiciously like PvP. Do you go up against the same players over and over again in warfronts? Do they stand still? A dummy would only be useful for drawing theoretical and erroneous conclusions.

This is a clear case of Complicator's Gloves. Look at what people are proposing. Different dummies with different valor ratings! Dummies that move around and PvP as if they were players! These are TERRIBLE ideas. TERRIBLE. Trion does not need to waste their time simulating a real player for the benefit of people too awkward to interact with the numerous real players that surround them. There's an easy way to test anything you need tested. Use /duel, or even better, see how it works by actually playing the game.

Bonus point: What do you think is going to happen if this gets implemented? The forums will blow up with know-nothing scrubs who think Pee vee Dee conditions are representative of what takes place in-game.
    I'm sorry but you are off base. There is a need for testing against a baseline. The only question is implementation.
    Maybe you enjoy random swings of the nerfbat, possibly the thrill of hiding just how out of line specs are. It could just be you are playing something far out of line and don't want it caught.
    Personally I prefer a more balanced game where skill matters.

Bonus point : how many minutes do you think this would take a dev vs thousands of hours of balancing and testing. This is a time saver for developement and testing.

I see in your sig you're 11/11hk. Are you saying that you never tested different builds?
    Were you dragged through by guildies? Or did you just look up the FotM in the forums?

Either way people test and asking my friends to wait around while I tweak and rebuild over and over again is just rediculous.
    Last edited by Euthan; 04-25-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    ~~ Euthan ~~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast