Closed Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Oblivion333
  • 1 Post By tevikolady
  • 2 Post By lixx

Thread: 1.8 "Poll on the pvp community"

Default 1.8 "Poll on the pvp community"

As of 1.8 everyone in the pvp community what are you most unhappy with? wish the forums supported a poll feature but yeahhh..

[LEFT]
    • 1 PvP class balance
    • 2 No new pvp content

I am trying to just get a general overview as to what most of the "hardcore pvpers" are upset about, as of 1.8

Btw if you think I am missing other categoriez please do leave suggestions, welcome to add or change something, atm its all I could think of.

I like rift a lot since it is my first mmo but I can definitely see how more change and improvement needs to come along the way. However I am not too upset yet as are other pvp oriented players to where I want to leave.

My 2cents are probably:

Wish there could be RvR definitely, new warfront for at least just deathmatch, and a free for all. Maybe a guild tournament would be neat, instead of messing with gears and all that just have pve gear banned from pvp? * i know it sounds drastic just a thought, *havent given it too much thought either lol, guess its a shortsighted band aid but still* Something else to work for, maybe even if u had the choice to go in with full pvp armor, have something else for progression, maybe more advanced war trees or specialty armors? anywho those are my thoughts atm

In a few hours you'll find yourself wishing the mods supported a poll feature too.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Honestly, its really dumb to do a poll now. Trion said they were adding anything PvP related when 1.8 hit. Better to do a pull when new pvp gear/content is released and something to talk about because all this thread is going to do is spark more QQs.

It don't matter how many polls we have; w/e changes Trion does for PvP not everyone will be satisfied or happy.

But to answer your poll, I want new content where I don't have to grind, and maybe give our Wardens our ability to heal again.

Oh another poll that should be included is to have an open world PvP area like Warhammer. Gosh those were so fun to do in Warhammer.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    It don't matter how many polls we have; w/e changes Trion does for PvP not everyone will be satisfied or happy.

But to answer your poll, I want new content where I don't have to grind, and maybe give our Wardens our ability to heal again.

Oh another poll that should be included is to have an open world PvP area like Warhammer. Gosh those were so fun to do in Warhammer.
    I loved the incentives they made to push people to do open world PvP.

Was great. I remember spending all my time running around in the battle grounds chasing and killing those evil blue guys , or getting killed. Hopping on a turret to push them back. Was so fun.

Then they broke it so that noone ever did open world PvP again.

*sighs*

Shadowlander

1. tab/auto targeting
    2. cant loot players
    3. no risk vs reward
    4. pugs that dont understand **** about teamwork.
    5. people crying about dying even though there is no penalty for it.
    6. people crying about "balance" based on 1v1 scenarios.

Telaran

greatest concern 1.8 is losing what seems like half the pvp community.

Quote Originally Posted by lixx View Post
    greatest concern 1.8 is losing what seems like half the pvp community.
    On Seastone pvp server (and that cluster), it appears that many of the good pvpers are taking a hiatus on Defiant side; but I still see most of the faces on Guardian side warfronts it seems.

Most of the time I'm the only one on Reckless anymore.

I'd like to see Trion use the merc system to balance each side of the warfront.

Even out the classes on each side at least, and average out pvp ranks on each side if possible. This would make merc useful for more than faster queue times.
    Last edited by RiftWarden; 04-25-2012 at 07:47 AM.
    Tracker - P40 Rogue on Seastone (defiant) - 51 MM / 15 NB / 0 RS
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do not allow petitions or community-created polls on our forums. The reason for this is we do not feel that either encourage a meaningful or constructive discussion since they promote replies that simply say “/signed” or answer a list of questions. In place of a petition, we recommend presenting something as a request or a suggestion so that the entire community can discuss it. It’s also okay to present questions in your first post, but we ask that you don’t call it a poll.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you

Closed Thread