+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Adjust heal debuffs and erradicate and we're set

Rift Master

Default Adjust heal debuffs and erradicate and we're set

Healing in the absence of a heal debuff is in a decent place, but -50% is pretty clearly overkill at this point. Drop that to -40%, which should help reign in warriors, rogues, and general focus fire.

Erradicate having no cd made more sense when hots were making everyone immortal, but now? 2 purges per second is way, way out of line with what everyone else is doing. 8 sec cd, please.

Maybe assign a handful of survival/dps cool downs the "cannot be purged" classification.

Think we'd be pretty close at that point.

When you talk about nerfing Eradicate, you start to really know who the bad Rogues are.

Hint: THE PEOPLE WHO THINK IT'S BALANCED
    Last edited by Zaros; 04-24-2012 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Subtle clarification
    ~Quiescent

I am as pro-rogue as they come and eradicate is the corniest joke of an ability the calling has. It needs a CD and more significant impact on a cast than it's simple function now. But giving the ability a CD and more meaning is better than strip-strip-strip-strip-strip-strip-strip. That is the most obnoxious ability I can think of. It is absurd.

Purges are annoying enough when they happen. As I said, when I raided in Eq2, over 5 years the most known hated part for many players was the 20 some trash mob trees in EH that casted an aoe buff strip every 20s or so. That was enough to make people rage, afk, rant the whole time. People just saying "this is dumb, I'm gonna dps like crap because I am sick of rebuffing, i'll dps/buff you when were done with this". Buff stripping is a terribly annoying MMO mechanic. Let alone giving players a spammable one.

I'll make one pristine example. When one classes ability can damn near render something like a bard useless, its a problem. Hi, my group buffs take 3s to cast. Hey, my purge can hit you 3x in 3 seconds. Motif number 1, 2, (-1, -2), 3 (-3) wait...ugh F this I'm changing roles.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I don't think I had a single heal debuff on me when I was in wf 0_0

Prophet of Telara

Lingering wounds needs to be curable with where warrior dps is at now imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    When you talk about nerfing Eradicate, you start to really know who the bad Rogues are.

Hint: THE PEOPLE WHO THINK IT'S BALANCED
    I know who the bad Rogues are because they're playing their Warriors now.
    Even free cost too much now

Sword of Telara

I would rather they remove heal debuffs entirely...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackblade View Post
    I would rather they remove heal debuffs entirely...
    It was a bad idea to throw out such a raw % heal debuff like they've done. Eq2 learned from this. % based effects are very hard to maintain balance with every time you try to move forward and progress the rest of the game. Often times % based things become flat out overpowered at some point. This is the same reason I never liked the siphon added to FB and why I wasn't surprised at all to see it lowered. % based effects are nasty when they are that strong.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

gotta love the peopel screaming for heals and I am watching my hots tic on them LITTERALLY for 19 health per tic. in a game where we run around with damn near 9k hp in a warfront. and warriors do instant aoe crits on 9 people for 3k... im putting a 19 damage bandaid on it AND THEN YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO LET IT BE PURGED?

so if i cant use justicar heals because you nerfed them to 2ndary heals, and i cant use partial warden because you nerfed them to be 2ndary heals as well, and you made healing communion less effective.

Ok all that I can understand, can we at least make the SINGLE TARGET heals immune to heal debuffs in pvp?
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

on my crap rogue during extended group fights I often have enough time to eradicate EVERY purgable 1 hour class buff from ALL players on the enemy team, let alone how easy and effective it is to spam purge a single target under focus fire from your team

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Lingering wounds needs to be curable with where warrior dps is at now imo.
    I agree. I remember in all the 'nerf lingering wounds' threads the main defense was that champ pvp burst was too low and that uncleasnsable lingering wounds was necessary. Not quite the case anymore.

More bumps need for this thread. Definitely something I'm keeping my eye on.

Lack of trolls so far. Hopefully we can keep it that way and get this into the dev's ears .
    Unthinkable
    World's Greatest Dwarf
    <dwarves with hats>

Heal debuffs were bad design from the start. I'm just glad healing is finally in a securely bad enough place that we can ask for the removal/nerf of healing debuffs without much outcry.

As for Eradicate, I really love the ability's utility in PvE raids (the no CD) and for that reason, I'm a bigger fan of - rather than band aid CD on Eradicate - start going through buffs and make the majority of them "immune" to purge. Leave a select few that are worth purging strategically but don't destroy builds when they get purged and we'll be in a much better place, overall.
    Last edited by Ajax1114; 04-24-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Gowron View Post
    I agree. I remember in all the 'nerf lingering wounds' threads the main defense was that champ pvp burst was too low and that uncleasnsable lingering wounds was necessary. Not quite the case anymore.
    Agreed.

/10char

Oaf

Another warrior agrees. Remove heal debuffs and rebalance healing if needed.
    Honorary member of The Fallen Sons and Terrible Idea.

Get rid of all healing debuffs and balance from there. That way the rest of the community is happier, and I personally am not forced into taking a minimum of 17champ for anything I want to do.
    Infy <Transience> of Threesprings
    I PVP with 1 button.
    Potato.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast