+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Trion are you going to support PVP?

Default Trion are you going to support PVP?

Are you going to support PVP in the future? I would like to know and I'm sure a lot of the PVP community would as well.
    The reason I'm asking is because I don't want to have to put anymore time into my toon to find PVP takes a dive when other games
    start up.

I would like to know what plans you installed for us, even just a basic road map.

PVP is due for a much needed clean up. (class damage balance aside)

-Certain defensive ability's hit Valour caps and become useless
    -CD buffs should not be purged

-Some PVE gear BIS for PVP, (why?)
    -Are ranked matches still working? (is it a population problem?)

-Damage vs Health issue. 5 sec battles aren't fun, when it takes 30sec's just to get back to the battle for another 5sec's.
    -CC vs Diminishing returns (Imo Hard CC should be on a cast timer or on a CD) squirrel, squirrel, fear, stun all with in 10sec = no fun.

-Should a CC be incorporated in a class spec rotation to provide a damage buff? Isn't there another way? It just adds to the problem above.
    -Does Rift need 101 dots in pvp? Blowing 6-7 Gcd's just to get to the Heal debuff is just silly. Make some Dot's undispellable?

-Does the current health for melee classes need to be increased because of blind shots from range and a lot of front line focus fire?
    -Should ranged classes have a longer reach than others? (why Does MM Rogues get 5 more meters when they can run like they do?)

-Would like to see every class to have a Proper support spec. (Bards with a 30 meter Cadence would be great. Warlords that could heal through damage like chloro's?)
    -Tank spec's that can suppress or slow advances massive 10man damage shields? <--(maybe a WL ability) but not hit like trucks, I guess just more utility.

-abilitys such as silence/heal debuff should not be applied by AoE abilitys (can't walk 3 meters in a WF these day without having a **** debuff on you)
    -have an option to turn off tab to pets.

Ok so I'm Starting to ramble on.

Disclaimer: Most of the above is talked about on the forums previously, not all ideas are mine.
    A lot of the pvp Veterans may be able to pick holes all through it.
    I also do not count myself as the Best pvp, rate me at Average.
    I think there is a lot of fun to be had in RIft PvP.

Now I ask you Trion, Are you going to step up to the plate or put it in the to hard basket?.

Prophet of Telara

Short answer: No
    Quick solution: https://buy.guildwars2.com/

Long Answer: Trion has never neglected PvP, and the team considers it as important as any other aspect of Rift which is why nearly every patch includes major content for PvP players. In addition to the revolutionary PvP content already released by Trion there are amazing things in the works which will be available in the future. These great additions will continue the Trion tradition of innovating in every aspect of gaming they touch. I personally can not await the arrival of these ground breaking changes as I know given Trion's track record, we will see a revolution in MMORPG PvP.

the best option and it is this team pvp http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

to make a competitive game trion give much headache every time they post an update
    rank 40 vs rank 12 is unbearable in 100% of the wf
    trion goodbye Stay with who can not manage rift
    I am ashamed by what others are bad this time and in the future just do not lie, if I could I would make back all my money and my valuable time

I will be heading to TSW myself, can't wait to check it out.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Edany View Post
    I will be heading to TSW myself, can't wait to check it out.
    The secret world seems to have some cool game design ideas, I just hate the idea of the world its based on.

I need swords and magic for my MMO tastes.

Lol guys please don't post other games in here and get it locked.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotix View Post
    Lol guys please don't post other games in here and get it locked.
    Right, because if the thread didn't get locked then eventually a Dev would have found their way to the thread, told us actual information about the future of Rift PvP and addressed the many issues which they decide to create for themselves with every single update.

So many people with entitlement complexes...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Pain View Post
    You must be bored or at work. Nice thread trolling

With their promise of pvp content to come after ID and 1.8 well out and live - I would be shocked if we don't hear some enticing pvp news in the next 20 days or less.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    The secret world seems to have some cool game design ideas, I just hate the idea of the world its based on.

I need swords and magic for my MMO tastes.
    Really?? That's what appeals to me the most, other than the ability wheel concept. I guess after 12 years of fantasy MMOs I'm ready for some action / adventure / mystery.

Trion can take their swords and stick 'em up their... oops.. I mean. Thanks for the memories and fun Trion.

Prophet of Telara

Yeah, imagine that, people paying money for a service and feeling entitled to quality service? Many people have been paying money to Trion with hopes of PvP content because they have an absolutely amazing PR team which all deserve pay increases. Some of us have been here for over a year now and thus the siren song of PR has begun to lose its hold and reality is sinking in with many long time players.

As a long time player, and someone that tries to be a good consumer, I will point out when a company gives lie after lie regarding the future of their service for an extended period of time.
    Last edited by Seether; 04-24-2012 at 04:50 PM.

It's sort of like if you went out to eat, you're expecting someone to serve your food without spitting in it. When you catch someone spitting in your food, do you get an "entitlement complex"?

No, you expect prompt service with spit free food. Because that's what you're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    With their promise of pvp content to come after ID and 1.8 well out and live - I would be shocked if we don't hear some enticing pvp news in the next 20 days or less.
    I would be shocked if the regular pvper's are even still here.

Jpd
    Soulwalker

i dont know about lie, but I do know about experience. I have been playing religiously since early access. It has been a rough ride as a cleric, specifically warden....but also as inquisitor etc.....in pvp. this only applies to pvp, the pve is good how it is!! that has to be considered, as I understand pvp and pve overlap boundaries in different ways....i might not have the focus but i can heal!! or hell just dps thru resists and still top5 dps on any board or meter.

the experience of pvp is changing, it seems that every content patch that comes out we get shafted more and more and more, not in the pretty numbers....but in the actual gameplay experience! it is wierd to be the best, and then all of a sudden not be the best not because you a crappy non skilled nooblet, but because you changed the game so much that what used to work no longer works. isntead of just rehashing things and changing the way everyone plays the same game over and over and over.....why not just release new content?

a new tier of pvp armor? is that really too much to ask for? i dont know, im tired of buying wrath spikes simply because my favor is maxed out. I almost have 50 of them now, not a **** ton but def more than I need. quite a few months now, with nothing to do.

i prepaid for a few months though, i WILL play until it ends....i may or may not resub depending on what happens before that time. i can only do the same thing over and over and over and over again.....so many times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast