+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree11Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Healing Changes

  1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    369

    Default PvP Healing Changes

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...g-changes.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    We've been heavily monitoring the numerous threads discussing the recent PvP healing reductions and have decided to make the following adjustments:

    Spell: Previous PvP Modifier -> New PvP Modifier
    • Healing Spray: 70% -> 80%
    • Soothing Stream: 60% -> 65%
    • Healing Flood: 50% -> 70%
    • Overflow: 25% -> 40%

    Unfortunately, these adjustments will not make it into the next hotfix, so they will likely go in with the following one.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Daglar's got competition..


    But seriously, this is awesome. Thank you for listening to feedback and giving an immediate response. The less time spent focusing on balancing changes, the more time we can spend focused on new content.
    Last edited by Zaros; 04-24-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    ~Quiescent

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Jack Burton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    So you are buffing healing in PVP so that the overpowered warriors can become completely unkillable overpowered warriors?

    And you are hotfixing these changes? wow - just wow.

    Don't stop there, just go full bore and remove all the healing reductions in PVP. While you are at it, go change all the warrior abilities so they are unaffected by valor.

    I am flabbergasted at the lack of competence displayed by the development team regarding PVP design. You guys really have no idea what you are doing.

  4. #4
    Ascendant LOveRH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    *Sigh* I totally saw this coming since 1.8 got released. I don't understand why everyone had to cry so much about it. Everything gets readjusted in time.

    Next up: Warriors. Enjoy it while it lasts.

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Heh. Perhaps the whole spamming threads, and using big pouty faces works after all! I'll have to try that sometime... when I figure out something I want to QQ about.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Healing did need to be buffed a little.

    In this, they are tweaking the values, not redacting the changes.

    This is encouraging to me.

    I can't wait to see what they do to rein in warriors.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Why was healing spray ever nerfed?
    These changes won't do a thing, pretty much.

    If you nerf a soul this hard, please boost something else to a similiar degree. 1sec faster cast on a 3 sec cast heal perhaps, and perhaps a global cooldown boost high up in warden to make it even remotely useful to use hots.

    Right now, with full warden and heal debuff active on target - it ticks for RIDICULOUS numbers.

    Only viable thing now is to go deep justicar and go TROLOLOLOL TANKHEAL. So - we have one spec left that is nice for pvp. Warden is over. Deep sentinel too easy to kill.

    Purifier is still a joke. The mechanisms in puri is SO BORING - you can't use half the spells on yourself, which leaves you with a weak instant heal (does like 400?? with heal debuff) or a 3sec cast strong heal that will get interrupted every time by 1-3 melee on you. WHY can't you use every shield and spell on yourself? WHYYYYYY? It makes no sense!!!!

    Fix the game, puuulease.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    *Sigh* I totally saw this coming since 1.8 got released. I don't understand why everyone had to cry so much about it. Everything gets readjusted in time.

    Next up: Warriors. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    +10 to this statement.
    White Fang

    Adastra@Greybriar

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    54

    Default

    I dont get why things go live and then addjusted afterwards. Already a bunch of clerics has either quit or rerolled a dps. This is just absurd and a half job done.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Edany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Thank you Zinbik, this really went a long way to restore my faith ever so slightly, and the information is much appreciated.

    My only other question is, are the developers looking into the 0 healing (1765 overheal) issue that has also been mentioned on these forums?

    Is that a bug or just working as intended and displaying the results in a funky manner?

  11. #11
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Much appreciated changes, of course, but I still think heal debuffs, heal siphons, and erradicate needs tuning.

    And warriors, obviously.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    So you are buffing healing in PVP so that the overpowered warriors can become completely unkillable overpowered warriors?

    And you are hotfixing these changes? wow - just wow.

    Don't stop there, just go full bore and remove all the healing reductions in PVP. While you are at it, go change all the warrior abilities so they are unaffected by valor.

    I am flabbergasted at the lack of competence displayed by the development team regarding PVP design. You guys really have no idea what you are doing.
    Why are you of the opinion Clerics should be nerfed because Warriors are OP? That honestly makes no sense. How bout, fix clerics and fix warriors?

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Good changes. The next step is making Purifier a more viable pvp healer. Main problem with Purifier is they have no self survivability and their main heal takes too long to cast, 3s.
    Zarbane R40 Warrior: Seastone
    Zavarian R40 Mage: Seastone
    Zartuul R25 Cleric: Seastone
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/a3Yfzk47j6k

  14. #14
    Telaran Huzzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    So you are buffing healing in PVP so that the overpowered warriors can become completely unkillable overpowered warriors?

    And you are hotfixing these changes? wow - just wow.

    Don't stop there, just go full bore and remove all the healing reductions in PVP. While you are at it, go change all the warrior abilities so they are unaffected by valor.

    I am flabbergasted at the lack of competence displayed by the development team regarding PVP design. You guys really have no idea what you are doing.
    You don't seem to have much of a clue how Warden healing actually plays in Rift. If you feel warrior DPS is OP right now, maybe it's because the heals you're getting from Wardens are incredibly sucky right now. It's not just the buffs made to warriors.

    Please, look at the big picture before you denounce healing, because with the direction Trion seems to be taking for it, there won't be any healers left in the near future. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to NOT spend most of my time in a WF waiting to respawn. I like to actually fight, preferably for big long gory fights that end when the healers are finally OOM.
    Huzzah - Rogue -=- Rhowyn - Cleric
    Head Wench of <Shiny> Defiant, Wolfsbane
    (Formerly <Serenity> of Sunrest, may the shard rest in peace)

  15. #15
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
    You don't seem to have much of a clue how Warden healing actually plays in Rift. If you feel warrior DPS is OP right now, maybe it's because the heals you're getting from Wardens are incredibly sucky right now. It's not just the buffs made to warriors.

    Please, look at the big picture before you denounce healing, because with the direction Trion seems to be taking for it, there won't be any healers left in the near future. I don't know about you, but I'd prefer to NOT spend most of my time in a WF waiting to respawn. I like to actually fight, preferably for big long gory fights that end when the healers are finally OOM.
    Healers, healing dps? I don't mind that. Healers grabbing the flag, and having 3 or 4 dps using all they have on them.. and having time to type out ****? I do mind that. Two wardens circle jerk healing one another kept them and their whole team up, making warfronts a "Who has two wardens and some dps monkeys" affair. I'd prefer they kept some decent warden nerfs, and instead worked on making some of the other cleric souls a bit more fun to play for pvp. I'm all for a healing cleric having fun in a warfront, I'm not for him feeling like a god. I'd prefer they work on balancing out some of the lesser used souls.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts