+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Vyxagallanxchi
  • 5 Post By Emanresu

Thread: PvP for dummies

Default PvP for dummies

Ok this is seriously ridiculous, if you have never PVP'd but want to do it because of new ranking system, may i suggest you ask in warfront chat what the objective is? Since the new patch i have seen more idiots in pvp warfronts and half the time they dont have a clue to what the objective is...

Codex: You need to control Codex and stat or what ever else, if you dont control Codex then you lose, unless you can hold 3 like stat, vault and scope but that is nearly impossible unless your grouped with us veteran pvpers.

Black garden: get the fang and hold it and heal if your a healer like heal the fang carrier im a cleric priest but cant heal myself and the team if im carring the fang, the longer we hold the better chances we win, if your carrier dies dont be afraid to pick it up, its easier to pick up there then in the middle. STOP standing on the ledge if were down 100 points if you give it your all we can still win it.

Port Scion: Flux, mini bosses and church and then there boss... its not that important to get bridge as it is to kill there boss, if you think for one second its about how many kills you have your wrong. Hence the fact that defiant is winning, they kill our boss...

Library: Pretty simple just grab vessels and hold them, DO NOT stand next to another person that is carrying a vessel you will cause damage to your self and the other carrier. If you see a carrier in trouble stop and help the longer they can carry the vessel the better chances of winning.

White Falls: Again the objective is to get there shard to your base, not fighting in the middle. Hk's dont mean **** except maybe the executioner title and that is all. If you are in middle fighting i will NOT heal you, because im on there side trying for the stone.

Any thing i forgot im sure a veteran pvper will comment....

Codex: You need to control Codex and stat or what ever else, if you dont control Codex then you lose, unless you can hold 3 like stat, vault and scope but that is nearly impossible
    Sigh
    /10char
    ~Quiescent

Who cares about trying to win or not, I'm there to kill people not pve.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Back where I come from in the Quake realm we called someone who say, just focuses on killing people in a CTF match a terrible newb. A lot of times slaughtering produces a win, but if you are slaughtering and you don't see "[your faction] wins" at the end, you got owned.

You either win or lose.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-24-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Yeah I'm the same way but the poster has a point, some of the objectives are so mundane or so silly when you think about it, but I'm so used to how this game is that I have come to accept it and just move on.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Sigh
    /10char
    It's seriously one of the funniest things right Q?

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    It's seriously one of the funniest things right Q?
    Lemmings tunnelvisioning an insurmountably defended Codex is why I lose 99% of all Codex rounds.
    ~Quiescent

Lemmings is actually a hard game. Maybe that's why it's hard to win when your team is them
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I do objectives because half the other people don't. Do I enjoy it? Hell no I don't. The only map with objectives that I like are Port Scion (excluding the bosses) and Codex. Granted, I may despise Library rune vessels, but I often have 5+ rune carries per game since if I don't do it, no one will.

When I'm in warfronts for favor farming though, or just because college classes put me in a bad mood (which is every Tuesday and Thursday), my goal is simply the absolute slaughter of the other team by all manner of explosive instruments. Probably why Scion is my favorite map. Stop the boss rushes and it becomes an festival of destruction. 500+ Kills between the 2 teams = fun. My favorite Scion game timed out with neither team above 800 points. It was just kill as many as you can as fast as you can.
    Last edited by Vyxagallanxchi; 04-24-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Plane Walker

Black Garden: Stand just far enough from the edge of the cliff so that the angle required to view you from a position on the ground below would produce a distance suffiicent to render all ranged abilities against you useless. Surf the internet.

Codex: Mount up. While facing directly out in to the open field of battle from the start point, turn 90 degrees to your left or right (depending on faction). Ride forward across the bridge until you reach a point you can go no further. At this point you are at a cliff, see Black Garden above.

Whitefall Steppes: Your starting point is a cliff, see Black Garden and Codex above.

Port of Scion: Mount up. Whichever direction your team goes, go the opposite one. Find the flux near a bridge by the defiant spawn point. There is a non scary alley right there, go there. There is a house in the alley that is magic, you can walk right through it's walls. Do this. Now no one can see you and since the door is closed and locked and they don't know it's magic they don't know you're there. This will suffice since no cliffs are readily availbalbe.

Library of the Runemaster: Don't Q for this one. UNLESS you are a rogue with the planar thingy that makes you go back to a preset location. In that case, set your preset location to the starting point. Then, bravely, but carefully, go down (either through a star trek like teleportation machine or just ****ing jump). Once down there, if it's scary, teleport back to the start point, then see Black Garden, Codex, Whitefall, Port above.
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Lemmings tunnelvisioning an insurmountably defended Codex is why I lose 99% of all Codex rounds.
    Yup. Love the just swarm dex guys while the defiants rack up points for vault and scope while we fight for 30s to a minute at codex if were lucky.... And to op, its not hold 3, you do not need 3 to win. Its hold 2 and rotate a 3rd to win, which is not too terribly hard to do especially if the other side is too focused on codex.

+ Reply to Thread