+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: I was wrong about the PVP cleric nerfs.

Prophet of Telara

Default I was wrong about the PVP cleric nerfs.

After doing alot of warfronts the last few days I can say they went overboard. Damage is out of control and healing cannot even remotely keep up with it. The DPS guys are loving it but for us healing it is terrible, I might join the crowd and go DPS because I feel useless alot of the times.

Trion nerfed so many of the heals I don't even see how they can balance it. I did good on the PTS because I was able to max out all my PA trees with a item that cost 1 silver. On live I don't have that luxury.

My suggestions are revert the Overflow nerf and Soothing Stream nerf and see how that goes and why is LW still uncleansable and eradicate the way it it is? I thought those were in place to counter Wardens, you nerfed us but let those stay in place.

And just wait till the ID drops start showing up in warfronts, I have been very patient on PVP changes but after seeing what has happened the last few days I see a PVP where it is a DPS fest.

Last edited by Zyzyx; 04-24-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

They nerfed the dumb part of healing, now they need to buff the good parts- the stuff you need to cast/actively hit instead of HoTs and OF procs that are mindless.
    afk tera.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by rantology View Post
    They nerfed the dumb part of healing, now they need to buff the good parts- the stuff you need to cast/actively hit instead of HoTs and OF procs that are mindless.
    I agree, like to see HI a 1 second cast. The only reason I keep warden is for healing flood to spam HC now. And why was Healing Spray nerfed?
    Last edited by Tyaus; 04-24-2012 at 01:37 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    I miss my rogue runners in Whitefall.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by rantology View Post
    That would be great but anything over a 1.5 cast time is too long in todays warfront. Actually 1.5 seconds is too long.

Ascendant

The only answer is @self Dps... Hard to see how you thought 1k ss ticks with no overflow would be viable on Pts...
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 04-24-2012 at 01:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

Ascendant

Just to add.

I knew it would be bad when I could kill heal spec clerics solo with a druid build... Your feedback of these changes are good is what put you in this position.. These changes only really effect full heal spec clerics, the other cleric specs are doing just fine...
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Just to add.

I knew it would be bad when I could kill heal spec clerics solo with a druid build... Your feedback of these changes are good is what put you in this position.. These changes only really effect full heal spec clerics, the other cleric specs are doing just fine...
    Yeah, thinking about changing specs, but It seems I will be a healer only for me though.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    After doing alot of warfronts the last few days I can say they went overboard. Damage is out of control and healing cannot even remotely keep up with it. The DPS guys are loving it but for us healing it is terrible, I might join the crowd and go DPS because I feel useless alot of the times.

Trion nerfed so many of the heals I don't even see how they can balance it. I did good on the PTS because I was able to max out all my PA trees with a item that cost 1 silver. On live I don't have that luxury.

My suggestions are revert the Overflow nerf and Soothing Stream nerf and see how that goes and why is LW still uncleansable and eradicate the way it it is? I thought those were in place to counter Wardens, you nerfed us but let those stay in place.

And just wait till the ID drops start showing up in warfronts, I have been very patient on PVP changes but after seeing what has happened the last few days I see a PVP where it is a DPS fest.
    I agree, they were over the top. I was a proponet of a dr system for hots as one set was not all that op, its when people are running around with 2, 3, 4, even seen 5 once. Rather than undo the nerfs though I would rather see a valor and hp increase, as damage in general is too high, not healing too low.

At this point if Trion just removed healing debuffs altogether you might be alright.
    ~Quiescent

I've been slowly and painfully getting used to it, and it's been an adjustment for sure. Here's what would be most helpful to me:

1. Give me something better than the totally worthless knockback in the way of CC if you're going to take away my healing.

2. SS needed a nerf, but the only thing they had to do was limit the total amount of stacks. This could have been done in one of two ways. Either limit the number of stacks that a player could have on them in total, OR, limit the number of Soothing Streams a player could cast total, IE: I could have 2 stacks on 2 players, or 4 stacks on 1, or 1 stack on 4, depending on how I saw fit.

3. Remove the Overflow nerf. I mean really? I don't think that Overflow was such a make or break.

4. Possibly remove the nerf to Healing Communion. At a 2 second cast time, it wasn't so overpowering as to be game breaking and it allowed us to mitigate the AoE damage that did NOT take a hit. With Warriors plowing into groups 2 - 4 at a time, it is needed more than ever at this point.

Edit: Healing has now gone back to feeling like the chore that it was in every other game. Thankless and soul sucking, not much fun at all.

I've played 33 Sent / 33 Ward for quite a while now, and I've become the Soup **** of healing.

Did you over-extend? No heal for you!
    Are you in gear that I have no chance in hell of keeping you alive in? No heal for you!
    Are you a squishy target that has no ability to kite out of focus fire? No heal for you!
    Are you an arsehat that gives me grief for healing your weaksauce? No heal for you and blacklisted.

Quality over quantity and a healing buddy are my two new mantras.

Sometimes it's okay, but other times it's just hopeless.
    Last edited by Edany; 04-24-2012 at 04:53 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    At this point if Trion just removed healing debuffs altogether you might be alright.
    That would help, but I think its going in the wrong direction. People die so fast now, even the decision making has gotten almost impossible. I'll try to illustrate:

Making the enormous assumption that a casting time heal is viable upfront. The only ones that are any good are 3sec casts, but again making the presumption the spell you start now will go off in 3 seconds, here is the decision for the healer:

1) I like to at least see someone get hit before starting a 3sec cast. Given you typically are moving quite a lot in pvp, I can't just spam non-stop on people that haven't been hurt.

2) But...once someone starts to get hit, you have to instantly decide, is this person going to die before 3sec are up? Right now, the answer to this question too often is yes. Because that happens pretty regularly, the healer is gunshy about loading up the 3sec heal for someone, because if they die 2.8sec in, you get nothing. As a healer, wasting 2.8 seconds doing nothing when my team is in it is very bad.

I disagree that undoing the overflow and SS nerfs is the right answer. They were too good.

I think the right answer is some combination of:

1) Globally less dps
    2) Rebalancing some of the 3sec spells to be 1.5-2sec

Even in PvE, the 3sec spells are no fun while dodging file, but the faster casting time spells are useless. Make Restorative Flame and Healing Flame talentable to 2 seconds, nerf Serendipity or rework it so it isn't mandatory for every non DoL based build, buff up healing back to where it is now in PvE and we'll be in a pretty decent spot.
    Last edited by Mechar; 04-24-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    After doing alot of warfronts the last few days I can say they went overboard. Damage is out of control and healing cannot even remotely keep up with it. . .

My suggestions are revert the Overflow nerf and Soothing Stream nerf. . .
    --
    A little backstory for Trion: Tyaus was the only notable healer to claim the Warden nerfs didn't make much of a difference. Now he's issuing a formal abjuration of those beliefs.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Soulwalker

My strategy now is to go with a champion or two that protects me while healing - kills everything.

Feels like pyromancers in their absolute prime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast