+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 1.8 Warrior PvP Video. So you think Warriors are overpowered?

Rift Chaser

Default 1.8 Warrior PvP Video. So you think Warriors are overpowered?

1.8 destroyed the last bit of synergy warriors had with mixing dps and tank souls together. Most dps warriors these days have all 66 points into a dps soul. The result is warriors are doing more damage with less survivability, creating the paper tiger.

This might hurt a little...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Yfzk47j6k
    Zarbane R40 Warrior: Seastone
    Zavarian R40 Mage: Seastone
    Zartuul R25 Cleric: Seastone
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/a3Yfzk47j6k

Holy**** Dude thats insane! seriously that looked awesome!

I have been on the receiving of your sword many times :salut2

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Love the vid man. Most entertaining I've seen in a while. I lol'd HARD when I saw all those stills with your yell macro.

All those people you killed, every single one of them, need to L2P. Warrior is so balanced right now.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Great stuff- I cringed IRL when I saw you rip through those Mages
    Ashrai@Deepwood
    Sporeslinger of <Godlike Awesomeness>

I opened on a warrior with my sin and after 3gcds I had 25% hp. lolslipawaywhatajoke

That's good stuff though, I wish I could play melee specs. BD can shred anyone, problem is I go to melee someone and I just go down like a wet paper bag. I've given up melee alltogether, so I give some props to warriors. But I'm still astounded how so many warriors can get up in melee range and lose little HP. If someone even sees me from a mile away I start taking damage.

ps. I have no idea how everyone plays with all those text and icons all over the place. I've tried it twice and just take it away after about a minute. It's nice for watching other vids. I don't know how that doesn't drive you guys completely insane.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-23-2012 at 10:58 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I opened on a warrior with my sin and after 3gcds I had 25% hp. lolslipawaywhatajoke

That's good stuff though, I wish I could play melee specs. BD can shred anyone, problem is I go to melee someone and I just go down like a wet paper bag. I've given up melee alltogether, so I give some props to warriors. But I'm still astounded how so many warriors can get up in melee range and lose little HP. If someone even sees me from a mile away I start taking damage.

ps. I have no idea how everyone plays with all those text and icons all over the place. I've tried it twice and just take it away after about a minute. It's nice for watching other vids. I don't know how that doesn't drive you guys completely insane.
    You probably don't have a cleric tattooed to you streaming heals and shielding you, or highlights of your proper timing / bladefury crits.

You could play any 66 point DPS build in the game with a dedicated healer and make a video stuffing people in the dirt.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Quote Originally Posted by Zarbane View Post
    1.8 destroyed the last bit of synergy warriors had with mixing dps and tank souls together. Most dps warriors these days have all 66 points into a dps soul. The result is warriors are doing more damage with less survivability, creating the paper tiger.

This might hurt a little...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Yfzk47j6k
    Frack I wish I could get healing like that. Nice video though. Interesting to watch all the ranged just sit there and try to go toe to toe. Even on wide open maps like codex they were all getting to close to the front line.

Rift Chaser

I was pugging it for all of this video. Amazingly warriors only do good when the healing is good. :P
    Zarbane R40 Warrior: Seastone
    Zavarian R40 Mage: Seastone
    Zartuul R25 Cleric: Seastone
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/a3Yfzk47j6k

Rouge hits for 1400 --> OP needs nerf
    Warrior hits for 2300 --> Just fine

Rift Forum Logic.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Rouge with defensive CDs, stealth, passive defense for doing damage, self healing, 5 ports, and 1 sec GCD hits for 1400 --> OP needs nerf

Warrior with no defense, one gap closer (give up any self healing for Planar Blade), and gets crit for 2k+ hits for 2300 --> Just fine

Rift Forum Logic.
    Fixed that for ya.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    You probably don't have a cleric tattooed to you streaming heals and shielding you, or highlights of your proper timing / bladefury crits.

You could play any 66 point DPS build in the game with a dedicated healer and make a video stuffing people in the dirt.
    I play solo, run my own 1 man guild and don't group que really. I also don't think I've ever fought in the open world *not* alone. Perhaps you're right.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    Fixed that for ya.
    LOL that's just sad...
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Rouge with defensive CDs, stealth, passive defense for doing damage, self healing, 5 ports, and 1 sec GCD hits for 1400 --> OP needs nerf

Warrior with no defense, one gap closer (give up any self healing for Planar Blade), and gets crit for 2k+ hits for 2300 --> Just fine

Rift Forum Logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    Fixed that for ya.
    Oh, so you're comparing the famous 51/51/51/51 rogue build to RB/Champ. I wonder which one would win in a straight up fight. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Oh, so you're comparing the famous 51/51/51/51 rogue build to RB/Champ. I wonder which one would win in a straight up fight. o.O
    A NB/RS would kill a Champ/RB. Hell, 51NB could probably destroy a Champ/RB. Without heals, he would drop like a brick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast