+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Please do something about HK Synergy Crystals in PvP

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple RiftWarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    131

    Default Please do something about HK Synergy Crystals in PvP

    If you want to run around in top level PvE gear in PvP, I think that's fine.

    The problem with balance comes when you also allow full strength HK Synergy Crystals to be used in PvP.

    The rogue ones are particularly nasty; being able to use 1.5 and 2 second casts as instants for Rangers/MM's, or having +30% bleed damage for Assassins is seriously over the top.

    Rogues give up a minimal loss of survivability due to 35m range for Rangers/MM's and slip away for Assassins after bleeds applied.

    Just as PvP Synergy Crystals have stats that only work in PvP, the HK crystals need to be toned down while pvping or straight out not allowed.
    Tracker - P40 Rogue on Seastone (defiant) - 51 MM / 15 NB / 0 RS
    .
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiftWarden View Post
    If you want to run around in top level PvE gear in PvP, I think that's fine.

    The problem with balance comes when you also allow full strength HK Synergy Crystals to be used in PvP.

    The rogue ones are particularly nasty; being able to use 1.5 and 2 second casts as instants for Rangers/MM's, or having +30% bleed damage for Assassins is seriously over the top.

    Rogues give up a minimal loss of survivability due to 35m range for Rangers/MM's and slip away for Assassins after bleeds applied.

    Just as PvP Synergy Crystals have stats that only work in PvP, the HK crystals need to be toned down while pvping or straight out not allowed.

    Hey! Feel free to nuke the ranger/mm stuff... but leave my Sin one alone! That **** is funny. About to start using the Sabo hk crystal in pvp too, that should be a blast!
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer rantology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Not this topic again.
    afk tera.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple RiftWarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rantology View Post
    Not this topic again.
    I don't think it can be brought up enough. Until it's handled.
    Tracker - P40 Rogue on Seastone (defiant) - 51 MM / 15 NB / 0 RS
    .
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

  5. #5
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    Hey! Feel free to nuke the ranger/mm stuff... but leave my Sin one alone! That **** is funny. About to start using the Sabo hk crystal in pvp too, that should be a blast!
    It would take a real masochist to play a sab with 4 raid pieces of gear.

    Hit or miss
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-23-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer rantology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiftWarden View Post
    I don't think it can be brought up enough. Until it's handled.
    Alright, here we go again:

    One
    two


    The topic has come up before and no one has been able to produce a clear argument as to exactly how PvE gear in PvP would be considered imbalanced. Read more in those 2 threads if you're interested in seeing more.

    The only PvE gear worth wearing is the weapons, which is something that really should be looked at, but wearing 4piece/misc armor pieces is not imbalanced.
    afk tera.

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It would take a real masochist to play a sab with 4 raid pieces of gear.

    Hit or miss
    Hah, if I do try the hk crystal with sabo.. it will be with the 2 piece bonus, since that is decent now.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

  8. #8
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiftWarden View Post
    I don't think it can be brought up enough. Until it's handled.
    You see... that is the annoying mentality that has created 10 or so pathetic whine threads for warden ****, and each and every other class any time devs decide to change something. The current mentality seems to be... "ohh nooooo! Devs want to do something with my class... I know... I'll make a bunch of non-constructive whine threads!" Bringing it up in tons of different threads just makes me less likely to actually listen to a thread.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rantology View Post

    The only PvE gear worth wearing is the weapons, which is something that really should be looked at, but wearing 4piece/misc armor pieces is not imbalanced.
    As a Marksman, no.
    ~Quiescent

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer rantology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    As a Marksman, no.
    Yes I know, I still remember your posts from the other thread =P I linked to my response in that one too, ranged classes in PvE gear will always be able to better utilize PvE gear but the disadvantages remain the same. I still think you'd die easily enough to make using 4p a big risk in coordinated PvP, but this is rift.
    afk tera.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rantology View Post
    Yes I know, I still remember your posts from the other thread =P I linked to my response in that one too, ranged classes in PvE gear will always be able to better utilize PvE gear but the disadvantages remain the same. I still think you'd die easily enough to make using 4p a big risk in coordinated PvP, but this is rift.
    Well, Rift isn't balanced around coordinated PvP. Thus the healing nerfs :\
    ~Quiescent

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    899

    Default

    A lot of it is situational.

    Sin: I'll run my Sin crystal 4 piece bonus once in a while, dropping some insane bleeds and slipping away to cackle and watch folks melt like a witch in the rain is fun, but I do generally run with just the hk weapons in that build so that I have hit for warriors etc. Doing HK 4 piece gear, with pvp weapons (for valor)... and nailing a mage with the bonus bleeds is fun as hell though. They may squirl me, but I usually get to watch them bleed out before they can do anything with the squirl, or before I hit breakfree.

    NB: My NB is 48/18.. and I generally just use the HK weapons with this build... but if I get a pocket healer... I'll pop in that 4 piece crystal and, well that's just a dirty thing. Since the build is based around lots of scourges and death damage in general, it excels with the crystal bonus if you have someone to keep you up.

    Most of the rest of my pvp builds I just run with the hk weapons like was said by someone earlier. But... I may try the 2 piece bonus on Sabo for ****s and giggles.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    If you run HK crystals then you lose Valor and a lot of health. Simple. Except that.
    They hit you more, you hit them more.
    Last edited by Profane; 04-24-2012 at 07:05 AM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Profane View Post
    If you run HK crystals then you lose Valor and a lot of health. Simple. Except that.
    They hit you more, you hit them more.
    Problem is you really don't get hit for much more, and with endurance/valor seals it helps lessen the gap.

  15. #15
    Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rantology View Post
    Alright, here we go again:

    One
    two


    The topic has come up before and no one has been able to produce a clear argument as to exactly how PvE gear in PvP would be considered imbalanced. Read more in those 2 threads if you're interested in seeing more.

    The only PvE gear worth wearing is the weapons, which is something that really should be looked at, but wearing 4piece/misc armor pieces is not imbalanced.

    Good points and all that, but doesn't change the fact that I'm consistently seeing PVE geared marksmen topping the charts with little or no deaths

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts