+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Twink Warrior Unstoppable

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default Twink Warrior Unstoppable

    So boys I've taken the time to roll an alt warrior. I locked my XP at 39 just as an alternative to the 50 crowd and ever since the 1.8 patch I would say this is crazy. I cannot determine if at 50 or with rank 40 gear if the result is the same but right now in my current bracket I can kill anyone.

    31 RB/ 21 Champ and there is nothing stopping me. I chose not to get windspear because the mage that is blowing me up will be dead on my next rift walk so it's unnecessary and that takes away from my blood thirsty. I know there are many variations of this spec but I intentionally built a glass-cannon to determine the full potency of Warrior's damage in PvP.

    Now let's clarify I'm not the best player in the game nor am I the best in any given warfront. Warrior is just that broken. I play all other classes and I can assure you that nothing is as powerful as Rift Storm in PvP at the moment.

    I'm sure Warriors will defend their abilities and try to persuade everyone that it's balanced. I'm not trying to convince these players because there is no hope for them. The ability to kill anyone within 20m and everyone around that person in 1.5sec every 30 sec is kinda ridiculous but I'll let you boys fight that out.

    I can only hope that Warriors are not this insanely powerful with full rank 40 gear. I don't play end game PvP because it's boring but I can only imagine Warriors don't fear anyone anymore.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Robes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Talking about balance as a twinked* 39, great idea!
    Last edited by Robes; 04-23-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

    Synna - Rogue - Vigil

    Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

  3. #3
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Balancing around twinks is impossible, because they are, by nature, imbalanced.
    ~Quiescent

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    84

    Default uhm?

    So you made a twink and you rock every one, then say its broken....

    Maybe the ability is broken, but your going against scrubs that are leveling and dont care about having top notch gear.

    Congrats on a pointless thread.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    Thinly veiled brag attempt, which attempts to increase the veil by a couple comments of your own belittling your own abilities. Much better than many of the other twink brag attempts, but remember, twinks in game are like twinks in RL and everyone knows it.

  6. #6
    General of Telara Ashh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    953

    Default Lol

    Lulz, this nubs first post is a thread he created to brag about how he is an unstoppable force as a freaking twink. Congrats because from now on we will never ever take anything you post from now on seriously. I mean wow. The above poster was spot on. It was a thinly veiled attempt to brag on himself. On what? A low level twink you spent a few hours making. LOL

  7. #7
    Ascendant Robes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashh View Post
    Lulz, this nubs first post is a thread he created to brag about how he is an unstoppable force as a freaking twink. Congrats because from now on we will never ever take anything you post from now on seriously. I mean wow. The above poster was spot on. It was a thinly veiled attempt to brag on himself. On what? A low level twink you spent a few hours making. LOL
    Whoa there, calm down man, this is nothing to get worked up about.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

    Synna - Rogue - Vigil

    Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    229

    Default

    If he is playing on the Seastone cluster, the 39 bracket is loaded with twinks on both sides.
    I haven't played my twinks since 1.8 came out, but I'm guessing it is still the same.
    That being said I think a twink could be used to feel out how strong a class/build is.

    In 1.7 NB/RS was king of the 39 twink bracket (perhaps only because of the dual weapon enhancements) with Mage in very close pursuit (with no usable weapon enhancements unless your using a staff, and chance of damage on crit is very inferior to straght up +dps on both weapons). It was easy to judge and see the differences in the classes as a twink because you were facing multiple twinks repeatedly in each match.

  9. #9
    General of Telara Ashh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    Whoa there, calm down man, this is nothing to get worked up about.
    Heh your right. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt. Just downed an energy drink and just a little on the hopped up side

  10. #10
    Ascendant -Swag-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    I went up against a 35 Warrior about a month back on my Rogue. Bastard was hitting me for 2k+. That shiat hurts at 34.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ploter View Post
    If he is playing on the Seastone cluster, the 39 bracket is loaded with twinks on both sides.
    I haven't played my twinks since 1.8 came out, but I'm guessing it is still the same.
    That being said I think a twink could be used to feel out how strong a class/build is.

    In 1.7 NB/RS was king of the 39 twink bracket (perhaps only because of the dual weapon enhancements) with Mage in very close pursuit (with no usable weapon enhancements unless your using a staff, and chance of damage on crit is very inferior to straght up +dps on both weapons). It was easy to judge and see the differences in the classes as a twink because you were facing multiple twinks repeatedly in each match.
    Actually, Yes I do play on Seastone and I built this toon specifically to display how OP Warriors were in PvP. That was in 1.7 and I would destroy opponents with a champ/pally/reaver spec and now in 1.8 they simply shifted the power to riftblade. I'm not a great player, in fact I'll admit I'm not good. I just have fun. So this is not a post about my skill level. Take into consideration I'm not saying it takes skill to play a Warrior. Kinda my other point boys! I push 1 button and people die.

    Instead of interpreting this post as a boastful claim of greatness, perhaps consider this as an advertisement to Trion for once again making a FOTM. I enjoy destroying other twinks with this spec and when it comes to fighiting another twink Warriors it comes down to who can get there 3 point Rift Storm off first.

    So much pent up aggression, perhaps you boys should release some of that testosterone before posting mean comments about my pretty 39 Warrior Princess. Yes, I wear a tiara when dancing on your corpse!

  12. #12
    Ascendant Robes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Illure View Post
    Actually, Yes I do play on Seastone and I built this toon specifically to display how OP Warriors were in PvP. That was in 1.7 and I would destroy opponents with a champ/pally/reaver spec and now in 1.8 they simply shifted the power to riftblade. I'm not a great player, in fact I'll admit I'm not good. I just have fun. So this is not a post about my skill level. Take into consideration I'm not saying it takes skill to play a Warrior. Kinda my other point boys! I push 1 button and people die.

    Instead of interpreting this post as a boastful claim of greatness, perhaps consider this as an advertisement to Trion for once again making a FOTM. I enjoy destroying other twinks with this spec and when it comes to fighiting another twink Warriors it comes down to who can get there 3 point Rift Storm off first.

    So much pent up aggression, perhaps you boys should release some of that testosterone before posting mean comments about my pretty 39 Warrior Princess. Yes, I wear a tiara when dancing on your corpse!
    You're talking about balance as a sub 50 toon, can you give me one good reason why trion should balance the game around that instead of the end game?
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

    Synna - Rogue - Vigil

    Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    You're talking about balance as a sub 50 toon, can you give me one good reason why trion should balance the game around that instead of the end game?
    I never actually said they should balance around 39 and I see your point. I realize end game content is where the balance should be prioritized and to blance throughout is unrealistic. That being said I'm just displaying a problem at level 39 which if it's not a problem at level 50 rank 40 I'll let it be and keep dominating my lowbie bracket. However, I believe the problem is compounded at 50 with players having higher stats. Yes, Valor can mitigate some damage but I'm confident Rift Storm scales very well. If however, you're saying Rift Storm does minimal damage and RB variants are not the FOTM I'd be suprised.

  14. #14
    jca
    jca is offline
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    314

    Default

    I play on the Seastone cluster as well in the 30-39 bracket. Having a twink of all four classes I think I have a decent feel for the relative power of each, at that level at least. Dusted off my warrior yesterday just to see what the fuss was about and yes, the op is dead on, warrior damage is just insane. At the same time, I'm sure that it's strictly OP. The warrior specs that do crazy damage right now have very very little survivability. The term 'glass cannon' is very applicable.

  15. #15
    jca
    jca is offline
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Darn edit timer. Meant to say I'm NOT sure it's OP ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts