+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Warriors finally play like warriors

  1. #1
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default Warriors finally play like warriors

    Its about time, i love all the baddies complaining that we are doing too much dps. I run 66 points into straight dps souls i should do damage. Now instead of being an afterthought I actually have to be focused and cc'd or people die. No class should be able to face tank a warrior it makes no sense, and now they can't. At the same time if I stray away from my healer or the group and range focuses me my *** is dead, which is also how it should be. I don't care about dying now that i can actually kill stuff. I hope trion doesn't listen to all the stand still mages and mm and keep things the way they are.

  2. #2
    Ascendant -Swag-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    ....and this is different from 1.7 how?

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    the only viable warrior dps speccs are those that include planar blade, riftwalk.
    If you go 51 ch for the insane dmg you will more often than not run into the scenario of you being kited around and there will be nothing you can do about it.
    bullrush, legsweep wont do anything against most classes.
    If you specc into warlord for sergeants order and pin target it still wont give you enough tools to combat other classes anti melee abilities.
    So therefore to be able to stick to your target you will need to specc into riftblade which is reminiscent of other patches.. you need to have rb to be viable in pvp... which quite frankly sucks and becomes so boring after a few minutes of playing.

  4. #4
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inayat View Post
    the only viable warrior dps speccs are those that include planar blade, riftwalk.
    If you go 51 ch for the insane dmg you will more often than not run into the scenario of you being kited around and there will be nothing you can do about it.
    bullrush, legsweep wont do anything against most classes.
    If you specc into warlord for sergeants order and pin target it still wont give you enough tools to combat other classes anti melee abilities.
    So therefore to be able to stick to your target you will need to specc into riftblade which is reminiscent of other patches.. you need to have rb to be viable in pvp... which quite frankly sucks and becomes so boring after a few minutes of playing.
    100% not true 51 champ is beast you just have to stay close to your healers or with the group, but yes you can't 1 v 1 people out in the open but thats just knowing your spec

  5. #5
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    ....and this is different from 1.7 how?
    Try playing champ compared to 1.7, now that ap matters so does that soul past ling wounds

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Carnefice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inayat View Post
    the only viable warrior dps speccs are those that include planar blade, riftwalk.
    If you go 51 ch for the insane dmg you will more often than not run into the scenario of you being kited around and there will be nothing you can do about it.
    bullrush, legsweep wont do anything against most classes.
    If you specc into warlord for sergeants order and pin target it still wont give you enough tools to combat other classes anti melee abilities.
    So therefore to be able to stick to your target you will need to specc into riftblade which is reminiscent of other patches.. you need to have rb to be viable in pvp... which quite frankly sucks and becomes so boring after a few minutes of playing.
    51 Champ is good on smaller maps, such as Black Garden or Library. One thing you don't do in 51 Champ is chase your opponent. If your opponent is miles away, then don't worry about it and run back to the rest of your team, you don't NEED to kill everything you come in contact with. Good ranged players will keep their distance as much as possible, if you try and chase you'll die. The only thing you can do in those scenarios is LoS or run back to your team.

    If you're using 51 Champ in codex or whitefall without pocket heals, you'll have a poor performance.

    I'm not sure what 51 Champ spec works right now in PvP, but I'd imagine 51 Champ / 8 Pal / 7 VK or RB would do well.


    <Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

  7. #7
    Champion Highland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    524

    Default

    All I know is that I have to stay away from warriors when I dont have a healer backing me up, other then that imho they hit slightly too hard. I'd say 5 to 10% but yeah they are to be feared again

    Blightweald - DPS Rogue and apparently best bard EU - 14k Achievs

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Carnefice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highland View Post
    All I know is that I have to stay away from warriors when I dont have a healer backing me up, other then that imho they hit slightly too hard. I'd say 5 to 10% but yeah they are to be feared again
    This is a pretty fresh patch, I think some of it has to do with people not being use to how warriors play in 1.8. Considering QQ posts crop up every single time a new patch is implemented. Once people figure out how to play versus them again it will balance out.


    <Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    you just have to stay close to your healers or with the group
    So you dont really bring much to the table if you cant push their backline.
    With 38rb/28ch you can push their backline and cause enough disruption to enable your grp to push forward.
    I tried 51ch so many times since 1.8 and its just not viable unless you have a pockethealer, and even then its hard for said healer to keep you up as you are being kited around...


    If only they would give 51ch some more tools to combat being kited around. I want to see more 5.5k deathblows

  10. #10
    Ascendant LOveRH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    I think the reason that most people are complaining about warriors is because of the fact that their game play changed slightly in PvP 1.8. Warriors from my perspective 1.7 used their high HP and endurance to out survive the other players in 1v1 and/or in group combat. Now in 1.8 warriors are using their damage to out survive other people. This making everyone QQ.

    Honestly, i don't see a problem with it. Warriors should hit like trucks if they get close to you. Mages and rogues just have to play defensively when they see a warrior charging, other then try to out dps them when they are close.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker Carnefice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    Honestly, i don't see a problem with it. Warriors should hit like trucks if they get close to you. Mages and rogues just have to play defensively when they see a warrior charging, other then try to out dps them when they are close.
    ^ this.

    If you are trying to tank a warrior and not move you deserve to die. You won't be seeing our ranged abilities (PotH, PotR, PotW, RB spears) hitting very hard, we HAVE to be in melee range. Sadly, there are a lot of ranged players who use their S key too much or just sit there and let warriors punch them in the face repeatedly. This is PvP.... move.
    Last edited by Carnefice; 04-23-2012 at 05:39 AM.


    <Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    I'll agree, warriors are pretty threatening now.

    On a side note, I'll say that some NPC's out there are finally playing like warriors now as well. ;)
    White Fang

    Adastra@Greybriar

  13. #13
    Ascendant -Swag-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inayat View Post
    So you dont really bring much to the table if you cant push their backline.
    With 38rb/28ch you can push their backline and cause enough disruption to enable your grp to push forward.
    I tried 51ch so many times since 1.8 and its just not viable unless you have a pockethealer, and even then its hard for said healer to keep you up as you are being kited around...
    38/28 has been a solid spec almost since launch. Should really be the starting point for all Warrior PvPers.

    I never liked 51 Champ, even in BG/Library. Big hits and big AEs are nice, and you'll feel like you're contributing, but you're really not much use to your team int this spec (unless you've got a true pocket healer). If you're a truly disciplined PvPer and don't chase or get drawn out, It could make a good spec for healer defense.

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default

    I think the champ spec is great, and i primarily play a healer. Finally, a spec that if hanging around the healers actually offers protection. Not really my idea of a peeler, but hey, if they are dead they aren't hitting me right? It also doesn't have to be healers, but ranged protection in general. They can also spearhead a push when needed. Healing debuff - check, closer - check, good damage - check. I'm willing to give it a go as is or a while and see what happens. Woe to the rogue who pops on me when a warrior buddy is hanging around.

    Possible downsides - 6 warriors in this spec rofl stomping with a couple healers ala melee zergs like daoc had at one time. The melee bowling ball isn't much fun for anyone except for the ball. I don't care to be the pins. As long as there is a counter to this in the form of aoe/pbaoe i don't see it being a problem. I can see dominators having a big role here. We'll see how it shakes out.

  15. #15
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    600

    Default

    "You shouldn't be able to facetank a warrior! If he gets into melee range, you deserve to get wrecked!"

    "Don't you have a button that teleports you directly to your target?"

    "Well yeah, but it's got a cool down."

    "Isn't that cool down refreshed every time you crit, even with ranged attacks?"

    "Shut up."

    Enjoy being faceroll. It won't last.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts