+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Should I Quit Until 1.9 Or Is Sab Enough?

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Thorazine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    266

    Default Should I Quit Until 1.9 Or Is Sab Enough?

    So I was gonna take a break until 1.9 cuz I neeeeeed progression but I saw a sab post and was wondering, are the sab changes enough to screw around with?

    btw, I'm waaaay too lazy to see for myself so forget about that suggestion.

    Thanks!
    Ramahaz, An Opiate Addicted Bard on Shadefallen
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there." L.P. Hartley

  2. #2
    Ascendant Robes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorazine View Post
    btw, I'm waaaay too lazy to see for myself so forget about that suggestion.
    "I'm bored, but don't want to do anything"


    Deeeerp
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

    Synna - Rogue - Vigil

    Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

  3. #3
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    If you think other peoples word is better than/as good as, seeing for yourself, I say they are good. Inadvertently, you might just end up seeing for yourself now.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    223

    Default

    sab is worth it. properly played its a game changer in pvp.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Said it once and I'll say it again, Sab is both too backloaded and dot based to ever be effective in PvP. The whole class is hard countered by a cleanse, and the damage is fairly negligible even if you don't take into account that it doesn't have a healing debuff. It's utility is sparing, and it has no defensive capability unless you're fighting someone blind enough to actually get caught by Land Mines or Adhesive Bomb.

    Really the only redeeming thing about Sab is probably Annihilation Bomb and the AoE silence.
    ~Quiescent

  6. #6
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Said it once and I'll say it again, Sab is both too backloaded and dot based to ever be effective in PvP. The whole class is hard countered by a cleanse

    It's a good thing you only run into someone who hard counters you about once every 50 targets. Then big deal, blow away your CP on them and pick a different target who doesn't notice and/or doesn't have a cleanse. For an aoe class, all that matters is that one person in that pack doesn't use cleanse. That is very easy to find, especially when people in the pack don't even have a cleanse or if they do it's a 2m one.

    Have you given sab a shot? I can't honestly believe someone saying the stuff you are has given it a fair try. It puts in some pretty serious work now. Funny that the only things you say it's worth now, 1 out of 2 of those things I don't even use anymore because the damage typically is impressive enough I'd rather stick to that. If anything the silence bomb has dropped way out of my rotation just because the DPS is actually worth something now.

    I think sab falls weakest in low ranked games because a lot of times a target will die before I can get 5 charges on them.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-22-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  7. #7
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    ediit time. I don't take screens much, maybe more but, heres my last game I played today.

    http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/r...kkotax/sab.jpg

    I'll stop showing port scions but It's been my fav for a bit. I can replicate the results in other maps if I feel like it, I just don't screen them all >.<

    If a sab is terrible, I don't know what you chalk up the results to. I guess I just fluff padded damage 2x more than the next person and while doing it stole everyones KBs. That is always the story when you do top dmg and kbs. When you don't do top dmg and kbs though, you are playing a bad spec that sucks because someone else got more than you. Call it any call you want, but if a sab blew I was be way lower on that chart imo. Warriors are OP I hear, maybe when most my WF's end like this, it's the reason I come here saying they are not.

    I'll have to find other wf's now where they do good because the same cynics will say it's just a 1 trick scion pony like they said to Cabs. Of course all cabs knew they could put in work in more than just Scion. But Scion is merely the most fun

    edit: okay I didnt 2x fallen, but below us the drop began!
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-22-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  8. #8
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It's a good thing you only run into someone who hard counters you about once every 50 targets. Then big deal, blow away your CP on them and pick a different target who doesn't notice and/or doesn't have a cleanse. For an aoe class, all that matters is that one person in that pack doesn't use cleanse. That is very easy to find, especially when people in the pack don't even have a cleanse or if they do it's a 2m one.

    Have you given sab a shot? I can't honestly believe someone saying the stuff you are has given it a fair try. It puts in some pretty serious work now. Funny that the only things you say it's worth now, 1 out of 2 of those things I don't even use anymore because the damage typically is impressive enough I'd rather stick to that. If anything the silence bomb has dropped way out of my rotation just because the DPS is actually worth something now.

    I think sab falls weakest in low ranked games because a lot of times a target will die before I can get 5 charges on them.
    I can run Sab in good conscience if I know I've got other good people on my team, like multiple Warriors to provide AoE healing debuffs, good healers, or some solid DPS, but if I was pining for a win I would never run it.

    Basically the same as Assassin.
    Last edited by Zaros; 04-22-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    ~Quiescent

  9. #9
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I can run Sab in good conscience if I know I've got other good people on my team, like multiple Warriors to provide AoE healing debuffs, good healers, or some solid DPS, but if I was pining for a win I would never run it.
    Pretty much need healers. The rest is nice. But you gotta have those healers on a Sab. I almost made a rage /yell in that Scion game I posted a screenshot to.

    Was very close to /yell I love these sab buffs, the only thing they didn't do was give me a buff to reduce run speed by 20% so I can seal the deal of never being able to escape danger.

    I guess in the 1.8 era, I've found myself many times saying "screw this MM" and bringing out the sab because now when there is a significant crowd gathered up, sab blows MM out of the water.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-22-2012 at 08:50 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  10. #10
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Pretty much need healers. The rest is nice. But you gotta have those healers on a Sab. I almost made a rage /yell in that Scion game I posted a screenshot to.

    Was very close to /yell I love these sab buffs, the only thing they didn't do was give me a buff to reduce run speed by 20% so I can seal the deal of never being able to escape danger.

    I guess in the 1.8 era, I've found myself many times saying "screw this MM" and bringing out the sab because now when there is a significant crowd gathered up, sab blows MM out of the water.
    Well, again, it only blows MM out of the water if you have competent DPS backing you up, or the other team just has literally no healers. I don't know what it's like in the Briarcliff bracket, but I rarely ever get good DPS/healers on my side who I can actually rely on to do work for me, so I spec to carry my team, because I figure if people are going to back me up, I'll win anyway.
    ~Quiescent

  11. #11
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    but I rarely ever get good DPS/healers on my side who I can actually rely on to do work for me,
    Definitely more of those in the Seastone cluster (good dps/healers). I am only on Brocliff again because when I went back to Seastone I forgot to change my name (I didn't really want to be worstplayerever, but it was fun). So to get a name I wanted back on seastone I had to transferrrr back, and I'll be back in your cluster sabbing it up in a few days again

    Also worth noting I fell in love with the Sab soul from newbie island on my rogue. From day 1 I felt that playstyle worked best with my desires of a playstyle. I believe most classes can perform but others work more fluid with peoples personal styles. I see people do awesome on specs I blow at. I do awesome on specs I see others blow at. I could just be biased towards sab cause it will always be my fav soul...but I feel like it's second nature to me. I hardly have to think when playing one, which usually is a good sign. You've shown me your spec and I've seen you do good on it. I've tried it before I saw you using it - I suck at it. Just isn't me.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-22-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  12. #12
    Ascendant Soul sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    When a Sab unloads charges on me...

    ''lol cleanse''

    Most of the time they don't even realise you full cleanse on the last second, so they do a god-awful detonate with maybe 1 charge.

    So they try again a few times.

    And fail.

    So they switch to a new target,

    And I @mouseoverui Deny that target.

    Sab is not a competitive pvp soul.

    Then again, is Rift competitive? Sab has its uses.

    Though it irks me that you post a Port Scion screenshot to back up your point. Hell, I've got top killing blows/damage as a 51 Archon/15Archmage in the past. All that speaks for is the quality of your opponents.

    Sab will remain hit-and-miss, just like Cabalist or Stormcaller
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

  13. #13
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    If you are hitting cleanse every 1s GCD to counter me then you aren't healing your team. You tell me who is failing. I've actually done that a few times to healers, and exactly what I expect happens. They are so busy trying to counter my charges 1 by 1 that their team starts to die. Then I eventually give them a rest but they still think I'm gung-ho about my charges. Meanwhile they are spamming cleanse and I'm working on others. I pvp mentally.

    You gotta have lightning fast reaction or have a nice accident to counter a rapid setup charge blow up though. That happens every 30s, feels like more often though when you prebuff it constantly.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-22-2012 at 09:47 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  14. #14
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post

    Though it irks me that you post a Port Scion screenshot to back up your point. Hell, I've got top killing blows/damage as a 51 Archon/15Archmage in the past. All that speaks for is the quality of your opponents.

    It irks me that you didn't seem to read my post before you criticize it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

    I'll stop showing port scions but It's been my fav for a bit. I can replicate the results in other maps if I feel like it, I just don't screen them all >.<


    I'll have to find other wf's now where they do good because the same cynics will say it's just a 1 trick scion pony like they said to Cabs. Of course all cabs knew they could put in work in more than just Scion. But Scion is merely the most fun
    The underline parts are what irks me in regards to your comment. I never said it was an end all screenshot. But I could post 50 gd screens and someone would have a story about how luck and fortune mixed with lowbies was on my side for all 50 games. Nobody performs good, they just have good circumstances. That's the notion everyone throws here. Maybe I just get big on a sab. If people beleive a class can't perform, screenshots of them performing is just dmg padding and KB stealing. If they believe a class can't perform and post a video, it's just lowbie slaughtering and raid geared opponents. Some people here are convinced a sab can't perform. Nothing will convince them otherwise. Maybe they just don't see what I do. I'll try to get into some of your WFs
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-22-2012 at 09:53 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  15. #15
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Just dropping by to show again how much sabs underperform. I had to go back to Scion and give it a shot. If this is what it means to be bad, I love being bad and probably won't stop.

    http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/r...tax/badsab.jpg

    Also, for lulz, I found someone who wasn't wearing much valor. This is what happens when you wear no valor friends. Lolsab.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7UCMk6x2lo

    This sab entertainment is brought to you by the color purple. These 2 testimonies are inconclusive and indisputable evidence nothing bad can ever be said about the same. (I figured I would just flat out say it since people will draw that out of no matter what I say, least I can't say they misunderstood me, but that I was sarcastic.)

    /passing out. It's late and I am probably needing of sleep.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-22-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts